Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's Top 25 O-Linemen features 2 Bengals
(12-09-2016, 04:27 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I always found it weird that people put their faith into PFF........unless it's about a player they don't like or personally feel are struggling.

ProFootball Focus has taken a step back and no longer give you the stats nor in depth analysis they once did.

Remember how they said Dre Kirkpatrick was one of the absolute worst cornerbacks in the NFL last year? But had nothing to show for it besides penalty talk? They used to actually show completion percentage against a corner. How many TDs given up.

Now? Here's our numbers.

Also, if you follow any of the writers on twitter, they give halftime grades and stick to them. Meanwhile they boast about giving each game hours of research into it.

ProFootball Focus has fallen off as of late.

JJ Watt could be bulldozed and pancaked, yet PFF would say that he made a positive impact on the play.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I'm less worried about dre seeing Dennard WJIII sitting the bench as well (well Jackson hurt... dre lost his rookie season pretty much the same way)   took dre 5 years didn't really start till year 4 though minus 2 games in year 3.

but given our situation at CB I think dre has to be a high priority to return next season.

Dennard's future is at safety. With how poor Iloka and Williams have played this year, and how Dennard seems to lack the top end speed to keep up with fast WRs, he needs to put on 5-10 pounds and move to safety. He tackles well enough for it.

Not sure what to think about Will Jack.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wonder how the season would have gone if the Bengals would have signed #8 on their list. Ogbooty still would have sucked, but would have stuck out a lot more I have to think, and changes could have been made earlier to replace him. Oh well just a thought.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just goes to show how awful Bodine and Ogabooboo have been.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:27 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I always found it weird that people put their faith into PFF........unless it's about a player they don't like or personally feel are struggling.

ProFootball Focus has taken a step back and no longer give you the stats nor in depth analysis they once did.

Remember how they said Dre Kirkpatrick was one of the absolute worst cornerbacks in the NFL last year? But had nothing to show for it besides penalty talk? They used to actually show completion percentage against a corner. How many TDs given up.

Now? Here's our numbers.

Also, if you follow any of the writers on twitter, they give halftime grades and stick to them. Meanwhile they boast about giving each game hours of research into it.

ProFootball Focus has fallen off as of late.

What Wolf said.
Reply/Quote
I've been saying for a few years Dre would develop because it's one position that takes a few years to get really good at. I like Jackson too, but after injury he'll have some growing pains to go through as well and many here will label him a bust right off the gate.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote