Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF stats shows how bad the OL has been
[Image: 8563-A38-D-6-BBC-4-EAC-A92-A-9-E6-F0-A022-C73.jpg]
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Nerd alert!
Reply/Quote
Definitely shows how bad the O-line has been, but believe just the eye test already has confirmed that to everybody.

Thanks for posting
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Shouldn't this ultimately result in the firing of Pollack?

The team supposedly upgraded the line's talent but yet they backslid.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Regardless how some of us feel about PFF, if this is an accurate chart this is eye opening to think we are performing worse than last year on the Oline in pass protection
Reply/Quote
Wow. If that doesn't point to coaching I don't now what does!

Not sure if this is something that can be fixed mid season. Even if they bring a new line coach in over the break all of the techniques and schemes taught are already in place. It'd probably take a full offseason of redo.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 10:08 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Wow.  If that doesn't point to coaching I don't now what does!

Not sure if this is something that can be fixed mid season.  Even if they bring a new line coach in over the break all of the techniques and schemes taught are already in place.  It'd probably take a full offseason of redo.

Agreed.  They will roll with Pollack, can't really change anything at this point.

The off-season however they need to make a change.

Pollack just isn't getting it done in all phases of his job.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 10:13 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Agreed.  They will roll with Pollack, can't really change anything at this point.

Wish Callahan could convince his dad to take a new job!
Reply/Quote
The fact that Burrow can work under these conditions, I think, shows even more so how amazing he is. Imagine what he could do with a decent O-line.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I'd like to know what the far right hand numbers (30.75 & 38.375) mean.

Honestly, considering the increased number of passing plays, the only parts of the line that look worse by comparison are the left hand side components. From center to right tackle looks improved or equal. And I think this reiterates what I said going into and throughout the offseason, that we needed to keep Spain as he was a solid component and allowed Jonah to do his job. I can't say that Spain would have prevented Garrett from making Jonah look stupid for 60 minutes, but I do feel he would look remarkably better next to a LG who isn't a turn style as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 01:18 AM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: 8563-A38-D-6-BBC-4-EAC-A92-A-9-E6-F0-A022-C73.jpg]

This could be the beating the dead horse 2.0 thread, but it is nice to see it quantified.  I think there are definite upgrades in the middle and at RT (compared to Prince, not so much Reiff) but it takes time for them to come together.  I don't think they face another elite pass rusher after Carolina, other than Cleveland again.  

Who knows.  I still have hope they put it together for another great end-of-season run.  Jonah's performance is truly pathetic, but I give him some slack given how he is playing through that dislocated kneecap and with a brace.  
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 01:18 AM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: 8563-A38-D-6-BBC-4-EAC-A92-A-9-E6-F0-A022-C73.jpg]

Really just shows me the left side of the OL has been bad.

C, RG, RT 2021:
7 sacks
9 hits
24 hurries
40 pressures

C, RG, RT 2022:
6 sacks
8 hits
23 hurries
37 pressures

Every single one of the numbers for those 3 are down, despite the pass attempts being up ~25% in 2022. It's pretty much just Jonah and Volson being terrible. (Though I am still pretty sure Frank Pollack isn't helping.) Also Joe Mixon being absolutely atrocious in pass protection hasn't helped either.

...As a side note, it's strange that my eyes have told me that Collins has struggled more than those stats say.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Agree ^^^^^^^

It is mostly Jonah and Mixon who have been consistently horrible.

Volson and Collins early on but both seem to have gotten better as of late.

We all knew Mixon could not block his way out of a wet paper bag, but the decline in Jonah has been a shocking surprise.

He was the one guy we all thought could be trusted. Know he is injured now but his woes did not just start the last game. Don't know if there is a solution for this problem but it will be a long season if not corrected.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

TBF- it would be intersting to see the stats after game 3 ..as we all knew the line needed time to "gel" 
Reply/Quote
I would like to analyze similar data on run blocking.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 09:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Regardless how some of us feel about PFF, if this is an accurate chart this is eye opening to think we are performing worse than last year on the Oline in pass protection

I've stated how last year's o-line when Reiff was healthy was better than this current o-line. I dont think people agreed with me

but now I hope people see how much this front office failed. Collins is trash. He'd be better off back at LG with one of the back ups playing RT
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 10:13 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Agreed.  They will roll with Pollack, can't really change anything at this point.

Agree with this. They need to ditch his wide zone bullshit. Joe hates being under center so it's useless at this point. He can't develop either. Guy brings zero value at this point. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 11:50 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I've stated how last year's o-line when Reiff was healthy was better than this current o-line. I dont think people agreed with me

but now I hope people see how much this front office failed. Collins is trash. He'd be better off back at LG with one of the back ups playing RT

I agree completely and said all off season when the Spain train was rolling the Reiff was the one we should re-sign. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 01:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I agree completely and said all off season when the Spain train was rolling the Reiff was the one we should re-sign. 

How is Reiff the answer but Collins is trash when Reiff gave up more sacks and basically the same amount of hurries/pressures as Collins in 60 less snaps? Spain vs Volson has by far been the biggest difference between the two, looking at the stats. 

Williams has been trash this year and looking at the stats from our first 8 last year he was trash last year as well. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2022, 02:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: How is Reiff the answer but Collins is trash when Reiff gave up more sacks and basically the same amount of hurries/pressures as Collins in 60 less snaps? Spain vs Volson has by far been the biggest difference between the two, looking at the stats. 

Williams has been trash this year and looking at the stats from our first 8 last year he was trash last year as well. 

people bashed Spain for his postseason play where he was clearly playing hurt(like Jonah is), but he was a good guard. I really dont care if Volson sometime puts up a good pff grade, Volson, to me, is a clear downgrade
Reply/Quote