Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF week 3
I don't at all believe PFF is the know all, tell all about pro football. But still:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/9/26/16363772/nfl-week-3-bengals-pff-grades-packers-trends
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 07:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Interesting.

I can't help but wonder if the plan is to roll with Ogbuehi all season ? No matter what
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 07:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can't help but wonder if the plan is to roll with Ogbuehi all season ? No matter what

Not sure what choice we really have? Coaches really didn't address shit for the ol in offseason.

Reply/Quote
"Over the past two weeks, quarterback Andy Dalton has the third-best completion percentage when in the pocket for 2.5 seconds or less. Dalton has an 80.0-percent completion rate on 40 attempts, thrown two touchdowns with no interceptions, has been sacked only two times, and has a 114.3 passer rating.

However, when Dalton is in the pocket for 2.6 or more seconds, he has a 43.5-percent completion rate on 23 attempts, zero scores and interceptions, has been sacked four times, and has a 67.1 passer rating."

This speaks to me of exactly what I have been saying about getting separation before Dalton gets killed.

Also, Dennard played very well (again) to both the naked eye without re-watching the entire game and coach's cut, and how about my guy Fej???

The sad part is Dre....I knew Adam Jones was not going to do much, but Dre? What is his excuse? A perfect passer rating against him? Jordy Nelson is going to dream of that matchup again.

The tackles....Andre Smith rated nearly 40 points higher than Ced? At least Fisher looked to have an improved score.

Would you move Fisher to LT and potentially mess with his development and put Smith at RT or do you put Smith at LT? Either way, I think it is time for Ced to ride some pine. He is a turd, and so is Piano Man.

Too bad they didn't put rankings for the WRs not named AJ Green. As I think they pretty much suck as bad as Ced.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 07:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can't help but wonder if the plan is to roll with Ogbuehi all season ? No matter what

Looks like it...the addition of Andre Smith, who outplayed both tackles (not saying much) was supposedly due to the heat and not a "benching".  

Great.  Andre goes back to the buffet table and the LT goes back to being the worst in the NFL.  But, it is Dalton's fault.
Reply/Quote
I hope Jackson replaces Jones soon.

Jones is just too old to play CB. Maybe he'd be better at safety? Our safeties are apparently playing like crap right now anyway...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 09:19 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope Jackson replaces Jones soon.

Jones is just too old to play CB. Maybe he'd be better at safety? Our safeties are apparently playing like crap right now anyway...

Why they didn't cut him this offseason is baffling to me. Now he's spitting in their face.  Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

It seems that replacing Fisher or Ced with Andre Smith...or letting them both play half the game and rotating Smith in would improve the line.

IF it indeed was Zeitler or Kirkpatrick, one has to wonder if we would have been better off retaining Zeitler and letting Kirkpatrick walk and rolling with Jackson/Dennard/Jones/Shaw as the CB's.

I think that combo would have been more solid than the offensive line we fielded.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 07:55 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not sure what choice we really have? Coaches really didn't address shit for the ol in offseason.

(09-27-2017, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Looks like it...the addition of Andre Smith, who outplayed both tackles (not saying much) was supposedly due to the heat and not a "benching".  

Great.  Andre goes back to the buffet table and the LT goes back to being the worst in the NFL.  But, it is Dalton's fault.

Isn't there a LT prospect out there anywhere on a PS or whatever that's worth taking a chance on ? Get rid of Pac Man and bring some hope in here ?

Doesn't Mike Brown owe it to this team to try ? He feels he owes Pac Man something, what about AJ ? Geno ? Carlos ? Dalton ? 

I mean it's not like these guys can take a get younger pill, time is a wasting !
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 09:23 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why they didn't cut him this offseason is baffling to me. Now he's spitting in their face.  Ninja

Why does Mike feel he owes so much to Pac Man while dumping a giant turd on the rest of the team by not giving them a chance to win ?

How in the name of #$%@ %@#^$@&# does he not realize this ?
Reply/Quote
Biggest thing that stuck out to me, "been sacked only two times"

I wouldn't call being sacked ONLY twice within 2.5 seconds after 3 games a good thing, but with our oline I can see how it would be considered good.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 09:23 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why they didn't cut him this offseason is baffling to me. Now he's spitting in their face.  Ninja

me too

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 10:08 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Isn't there a LT prospect out there anywhere on a PS or whatever that's worth taking a chance on ? Get rid of Pac Man and bring some hope in here ?

Doesn't Mike Brown owe it to this team to try ? He feels he owes Pac Man something, what about AJ ? Geno ? Carlos ? Dalton ? 

I mean it's not like these guys can take a get younger pill, time is a wasting !

If there was a LT out there some where, about 31 teams would be interested.  There is a dearth of LT coming out of college nowadays that have played in NFL-style systems.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Why does Mike feel he owes so much to Pac Man while dumping a giant turd on the rest of the team by not giving them a chance to win ?

How in the name of #$%@ %@#^$@&# does he not realize this ?

if he feels he needs to take care of Pacman then pay him to do something besides playing football. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 09:19 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope Jackson replaces Jones soon.

Right now, the two CBs playing the best (and it isn't close) are Dennard and WJIII.  That will hurt a lot of butts that love whining about how this team can't draft and develop, especially when it comes to first round picks.

I am completely fine going forward with Dennard, Dre, and WJIII.
Reply/Quote
bengalfan74 Wrote:I can't help but wonder if the plan is to roll with Ogbuehi all season ? No matter what

If the plan is for Marvin to keep his job (as opposed to winning games) then yea it is.  Terrible play = material for the "we've got to get better" statement.  Draft prospects, hype them and keep passing the buck of responsibility for them to live upto that hype instead of stacking talent to compete.  Mikey will see a disaster 3-13 year as an opportunity for Marvin to right the ship.  Until that changes, why would Marvin want to field a competent team without any whipping boys?  
Reply/Quote
replace pacman whos straight garbage for Jackson.
replace Ogbuehi for Andre Smith.
replace Vigil for Evans.
replace Hill for Mixon.

there you have it 4 easy fixes that will improve our team. but the bengals are stubburn as hell n wont do a damn thing. fml
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Right now, the two CBs playing the best (and it isn't close) are Dennard and WJIII.  That will hurt a lot of butts that love whining about how this team can't draft and develop, especially when it comes to first round picks.

I am completely fine going forward with Dennard, Dre, and WJIII.

Jackson and Dennard look like elite players to me but to play on this team you have to have seniority. I actually don't think Pacman was that bad against the Texans until he hurt his arm at least but this past Sunday he was bad. Kirkpatrick is a solid player but not worth the money he is being paid and not worth it considering what we have at corner behind him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 10:14 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Biggest thing that stuck out to me, "been sacked only two times"

I wouldn't call being sacked ONLY twice within 2.5 seconds after 3 games a good thing, but with our oline I can see how it would be considered good.

Exactly. It's extremely difficult to get a sack on a QB in under 2.5 seconds as long as SOMETHING is in the way. It's not some great feat to have few sacks in that short window.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote