Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF week 3
(09-28-2017, 11:56 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: And beating JJ Watt to the edge to rush for a go ahead (IIRC) touchdown?

Andy didn't cause Hill to fumble. 
Andy didn't cause Peko to run onto the field in his cape.
Andy didn't cause Burfict and Pacman to be themselves. 
Andy didn't leave a blitzer unblocked that lead to a pick six. 
Andy didn't drop a go ahead TD.
Andy didn't design an offense that ignored AJ Green for 3 quarters. 
Andy didn't build a roster that left them with just Sanu and Burkhead at WR.

Yes Andy has been bad in the playoffs. He deserves a good amount of blame for his own play. But exactly 1 other person ever shown up in the playoffs and that's Leon Hall.
Well, Rey M almost had 1 good game before they asked him to cover RBs in the flats again.

I'd add Benson in the Jets game, he showed up.

But yes Andy Dalton is not what ails this team ! Just a a bunch of us feared it's the O-line. That's the elephant in the room. That and a losing, no accountability culture. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 11:56 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: And beating JJ Watt to the edge to rush for a go ahead (IIRC) touchdown?

Andy didn't cause Hill to fumble. 
Andy didn't cause Peko to run onto the field in his cape.
Andy didn't cause Burfict and Pacman to be themselves. 
Andy didn't leave a blitzer unblocked that lead to a pick six. 
Andy didn't drop a go ahead TD.
Andy didn't design an offense that ignored AJ Green for 3 quarters. 
Andy didn't build a roster that left them with just Sanu and Burkhead at WR.

Yes Andy has been bad in the playoffs. He deserves a good amount of blame for his own play. But exactly 1 other person ever shown up in the playoffs and that's Leon Hall.
Well, Rey M almost had 1 good game before they asked him to cover RBs in the flats again.

Right on man. Honestly, I gave up blaming players a long time ago. There just seems to be a very deeply rooted problem here that leads to dozens of great players and college heroes suddenly shitting themselves when the bright lights are on. 26 years without a playoff win and constant prime-time struggles that span 15 years. 

Maybe it's the lack of a practice facility. Maybe our schemes are too easy to figure out for good coaches. Maybe we don't throw in enough wrinkles. Maybe we get too conservative. Maybe we have weak spots (that we don't address in FA) that get exposed under the intense playoff spotlight. Maybe a combo of everything. I do know that it's been going on for way too long for us to be pinning it on one guy. 

That won't stop some from making the red head the face of our playoff failures.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 12:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd add Benson in the Jets game, he showed up.

True. Although people often forget that Benson was atrocious against the Texans.

8 touches for 12 yards and a key dropped pass that killed a drive.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 12:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right on man. Honestly, I gave up blaming players a long time ago. There just seems to be a very deeply rooted problem here that leads to dozens of great players and college heroes suddenly shitting themselves when the bright lights are on. 26 years without a playoff win and constant prime-time struggles that span 15 years. 

Maybe it's the lack of a practice facility. Maybe our schemes are too easy to figure out for good coaches. Maybe we don't throw in enough wrinkles. Maybe we get too conservative. Maybe we have weak spots (that we don't address in FA) that get exposed under the intense playoff spotlight. Maybe a combo of everything. I do know that it's been going on for way too long for us to be pinning it on one guy. 

Agreed. I think at the root is an organization that tolerates and even exudes acceptance for mediocrity.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 12:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. I think at the root is an organization that tolerates and even exudes acceptance for mediocrity.

TO said it in 2010: The problems start from the top.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 12:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right on man. Honestly, I gave up blaming players a long time ago. There just seems to be a very deeply rooted problem here that leads to dozens of great players and college heroes suddenly shitting themselves when the bright lights are on. 26 years without a playoff win and constant prime-time struggles that span 15 years. 

I think it's just the separation of talent showing. We cheap out in FA and we can't always bolster our roster with that one or two guys we need so when we play good teams they can exploit our weaknesses that much easier. 

We don't get good coaches. Sometimes, it's just time to move on and we don't do that until we have no choice or good coaches just leave us.

We just aren't competitive enough in building a truly great roster and coaching staff to compete when it comes down to playoffs and your only opponents are great teams. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 12:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd add Benson in the Jets game, he showed up.

But yes Andy Dalton is not what ails this team ! Just a a bunch of us feared it's the O-line. That's the elephant in the room. That and a losing, no accountability culture. 

Even Lawfirm had a good game until Gruden decided to stop running him that one year. 
Reply/Quote