Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFN Mock Draft
First Round - 31st Selection

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Febonybird.com%2Fwp-content...0x560.jpeg]

Devonte Wyatt - DT - Georgia - 6'3" 304

Can we have lightening strike again at the DT position from Georgia? While Wyatt is bigger than Geno he comes with many similar traits and comes with a high motor and effort level. Disruptive and will fit easily into the rotation at the 3 technique immediately. Will be a perfect compliment to BJ Hill and if shows well could take the starting spot.

Second Round - 63rd Selection

[Image: 09252021_123456_230451.jpg?d=1560x1113]

Kyler Gordon - CB - Washington - 6' 194

Very often when the traits of Gordon are talked about the word "elite" comes up. When you watch tape you see a defender that is relentless and plays with an Alpha attitude. His ball skills are outstanding and he has shown a high football IQ. He may not be ready to start this season but will certainly see plenty of playing time. NFL evaluators have stated the with some refinement of technique he may be one of the top playmakers in the league.

Third Round - 95th Selection

[Image: cade-otton-of-the-washington-huskies-run...1353134996]

Cade Otton - TE - Washington - 6'5" 247

The Bengals make another selection from the Huskies at 95 by selecting a very well rounded TE who is a polished route runner and shows good feet and the agility required in a plus receiving TE. Has shown the ability to separate from coverage and get open at all three levels of the defense. Is a willing blocker and strength training in the NFL should help him improve in this area.

Round 4 - 136th Selection

[Image: Strange_Cole_2021_at_North_Ala_CroppedLO...format=jpg]

Cole Strange - G/C - Tenn. Chattanooga - 6'5" 307

Could have one of the highest ceilings for interior linemen in this draft and has drawn comparison to JC Tretter. Played OG at Chattanooga but did snap in practice. Received very good reviews at the Senior Bowl due to work ethic as well as football IQ. Should be able to compete at any of the interior line positions and very well could be the center of the future for this organization.

Round 5 - 174th Selection

[Image: 9584812.jpg]

Thayer Munford - OT - The Ohio State - 6'6" 328

Local product Munford hurt his draft stock by moving inside to guard for the Buckeyes. At the NFL level should move back outside to OT his natural position and very well maybe #2 at RT immediately. There are technique issues that he will need to clean up but is very experienced at a very high level.

Round 6 - 209th Selection

[Image: usa_today_17156397.jpg]

Julius Turner - DT - Rutgers - 5'11" 281

Turner is a high energy disruption at the 3 spot. Relentless in his pursuit and effort. Had an outstanding showing at the Rutgers Pro Day and while he may not make the rotation in his rookie season at the least would be a nice addition to the practice squad. The Rutgers staff has had nothing but great things to say about this young man as a person and as a football player.

Round 7 - 226th Selection

[Image: 26notredame-wisconsin-coan-superJumbo.jpg]

Jack Coan - QB - Notre Dame - 6'3" 218

While Brandon Allen seems the incumbent at #2 that does not mean he should not be pushed for the job. Coan checks most of the boxes for NFL QB. While not being a big time runner he does move well in the pocket and can and will run if the opportunity presents itself. Has adequate arm strength to make all of the throws and has shown great poise while playing for Wisconsin and ND.

Round 7 - 252nd Selection

[Image: UmassFSUFBpreview-hg-102321-ph03]

Kyler McMichael - CB - N. Caroline - 6' 202

Kyler brings all the physical traits looked for in an NFL corner. He good size for the position and good arm length which aids him in being disruptive against the catch. Ran a blistering 4.34 at the NC Pro Day. There are some evaluators that feel that his best football is still ahead of him and feel that the '21 season gave a glimpse into his abilities. If he is still on the board here then it is a very low risk very high reward propostion.
Reply/Quote
Certainly would be happy with those 1st 3 picks.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like this one
Reply/Quote
The picks for rounds 1 & 2 would be great additions to the defense. Joe
Reply/Quote
I'll take it.
Reply/Quote
It's a very solid mock.

I'll say this about Otton - he reminds me of Sample a lot.
Both went to the same school.
Both have similar size profiles.
Both considered good run blockers coming out of college.
Otton's best college season was 32-344-2 whereas Sample's was 25-252-3. Neither was showcased as a receiver much in college.
Both were considered underutilized in passing game coming out of college, but hope/expectation they'd be better in NFL if given opportunity.

My worry with Otton is that he won't get to work out for teams before the draft due to undergoing surgery on his injured ankle.
I don't know if I'd risk a Day 2 pick on Otton at this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Was this their mock or did the OP run a simulator?

I have done their simulator numerous times, and while I think the 8ntetface and trade functions are the best around, some of their player rankings are so far off you can feast on it.

They have Wyatt ranked at #36. I seriously doubt he is around at #31. Pissible, I guess.

They have Gordon at #70. Hall at #78. Pitre at #59. Woolen at #60. I'd be surprised if ANY of these guys are around at #63. But sometimes they ALL are. Gordon & Hall could sneak into the late first for me.

At corner they have Marcus Jones at #185 and Derion Kendrick at #221. Those guys are top 100 guys.

On the O-line: Zac Thom at #177, Chasen Hines at #161, Salyer at #166, Dohnovan West at #189, Dylan Parham at #242, and Luke Goedeke at #415.

At WR, Bo Melton at #229. Jelani Woods at #129? I'd be sunned if he makes it past Rd. 3. Much less almost to Rd 5.

They do a good job overall, but I think they are significantly off on some guys. O-line and some DBs especially.

I think they made those lists pre-combine and have not moved them.
Reply/Quote
No depth drafted at WR in a good class.... No safety when Bates and Bell could both be gone after this year. And you draft an injured TE in the 3rd when they're better options available. Picks 1 and 2 and 4 are good.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 01:46 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Was this their mock or did the OP run a simulator?

I have done their simulator numerous times, and while I think the 8ntetface and trade functions are the best around, some of their player rankings are so far off you can feast on it.

They have Wyatt ranked at #36. I seriously doubt he is around at #31. Pissible, I guess.

They have Gordon at #70. Hall at #78. Pitre at #59. Woolen at #60. I'd be surprised if ANY of these guys are around at #63. But sometimes they ALL are. Gordon & Hall could sneak into the late first for me.

At corner they have Marcus Jones at #185 and Derion Kendrick at #221. Those guys are top 100 guys.

On the O-line: Zac Thom at #177,  Chasen Hines at #161, Salyer at #166, Dohnovan West at #189, Dylan Parham at #242, and Luke Goedeke at #415.  

At WR, Bo Melton at #229.  Jelani Woods at #129? I'd be sunned if he makes it past Rd. 3. Much less almost to Rd 5.

They do a good job overall, but I think they are significantly off on some guys. O-line and some DBs especially.

Yeah, I have seen both Huskies CB mocked in the 1st rd. I'd take either one!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 04:12 PM)pulses Wrote: No depth drafted at WR in a good class.... No safety when Bates and Bell could both be gone after this year. And you draft an injured TE in the 3rd when they're better options available. Picks 1 and 2 and 4 are good.

Yeah, Otten isn't the TE I would take.
Reply/Quote
Not bad. I like the DB choices and the draft spacing between them and their height and speed. Wyatt is a plug in to the rotation immediately. Do we want another U of W TE after we complained so much about Drew Sample. Is he any different? I might go with another TE. I like the late round Olinemen for versatility and depth.

What I didn't like was that no Safety was selelcted and it seems like a very high priority for us soon.
Reply/Quote
I think you’ll have two starters with the first two picks which makes it a solid draft. Good depth for the Oline. I think Otton may be unfairly compared to Sample. I like his potential. Only time will tell. I wonder what other TEs would be available.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 01:46 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Was this their mock or did the OP run a simulator?

On the O-line: Zac Thom at #177,  Chasen Hines at #161, Salyer at #166, Dohnovan West at #189, Dylan Parham at #242, and Luke Goedeke at #415.  

At WR, Bo Melton at #229.  Jelani Woods at #129? I'd be sunned if he makes it past Rd. 3. Much less almost to Rd 5.

It was simulation with myself selecting for the Bengals. I would agree with some of the rankings being off but I believe you find that across the board with many of the sites that do the rankings. If you look at FirstPick I think there rankings are crazy at times. 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 02:04 AM)Yogo Wrote: Not bad.  I like the DB choices and the draft spacing between them and their height and speed.  Wyatt is a plug in to the rotation immediately.  Do we want another U of W TE after we complained so much about Drew Sample.  Is he any different?  I might go with another TE.  I like the late round Olinemen for versatility and depth.

What I didn't like was that no Safety was selelcted and it seems like a very high priority for us soon.

I haven't complained about Sample because he is actually pretty good in the role that he was selected to fill and he was certainly underutilized as a receiver in his time at Washington. the only comparison really to garner between these two players is that they went to the same school and play the same position. While Otton did his share of blocking he seemed to be a bit more of a receiver.

I did look at the safety position but I was not going to select one just to select one while skipping a player that may have held a bit more value at a different position. I would have liked to have seen the kid from Cincinnati, Cook, available but it did not shake out that way. I also like Cross from Maryland.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 12:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think you’ll have two starters with the first two picks which makes it a solid draft. Good depth for the Oline. I think Otton may be unfairly compared to Sample. I like his potential. Only time will tell. I wonder what other TEs would be available.

I was hesitant with Otton because of the injury status at this time but I do agree with the comparison to Sample which it seems many do not seem to attribute to the Washington offensive philosophy. While their receiving numbers are comparable with Otton holding a slight edge I believe that when you watch on tape you will see that Otton is much more athletic and a guy that can create mismatches at all three levels of the defens considered passing on Otton to try and snag Woods in the next round but while Woods was dynamic this past season it was a single season of productivity. However, he is a physical freak.

I really like Cole Strange as a player but I have been extremely wrong about offensive line prospects in the past. 
Reply/Quote
My apologies to all as well I did not realize I posted this in the wrong forum and if an administrator should read this please move to the proper forum.
Reply/Quote
I think we get a starter at #31 but a DT like Wyatt isn’t happening. Would love Zion Johnson at #31 and Gordon at #63.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Hi OSU

I see you can still get those pictures posted and I cant!
Nice mock as always sir but I'm not letting you off the hook for drafting two defensive tackles!lol
& Why no wideout or safety! Stop it!
Before everyone gets all ready for drama I'm teasing because he's one of the originals. Giving him shish because hes rusty.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 07:51 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Hi OSU

I see you can still get those pictures posted and I cant!
Nice mock as always sir but I'm not letting you off the hook for drafting two defensive tackles!lol
& Why no wideout or safety! Stop it!
Before everyone gets all ready for drama I'm teasing because he's one of the originals. Giving him shish because hes rusty.

I really wanted a safety and would have loved to have had Cook or Cross fall but the simulation did not roll out that way. I never was in position to take a safety or a WR where I found more value than I did at another position or at least enough value to skip selecting another player. I probably could have selected a late WR instead Coan but I really would like to see an upgrade at the backup QB position or at least legit competition and I think Coan brings those qualities.

I really like the second DT, Turner, and frankly valued his abilities at that point more than the abilities of those at other positions. I really would not be shocked to see the team not draft a WR in this draft but to have their sights set on some of the top undrafted FAs.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 05:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think we get a starter at #31 but a DT like Wyatt isn’t happening. Would love Zion Johnson at #31 and Gordon at #63.

Why not a DT like Wyatt at #31? If you are suggesting he will not be there I would have to say that he is every bit as likely to be there are Zion Johnson is.
Reply/Quote