Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFWA All-AFC Team: Burrow & Chase
PFWA also has an All-NFL team and an All-NFC team. Burrow and Chase represented the All-AFC team.

The All-NFL team had Rodgers at QB and Adams/Kupp at WR (They were obviously also on the All-NFC team).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice consolation price for Rodgers and Adams to make that All NFL team while they watch Burrow and Chase in the conference championship from their couches. :D

Reply/Quote
Nick Chubb did not have a better season than Joe Mixon.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nick Chubb did not have a better season than Joe Mixon.

Almost 1.5 yards more per carry. More yards. Four less games. He definitely did.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:38 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Almost 1.5 yards more per carry. More yards. Four less games. He definitely did.

Mixon: 16 TDs Chubb: 9

Mixon: 314 receiving yards Chubb: 174

Mixon: 1519 total yards Chubb: 1433

It's funny you point to Chubb playing in fewer games as a reason he had a better season.

it's possibly close but it damn sure ain't definite. 

Reply/Quote
I think it’s interesting they stuck with 2RB and 2WR when organizations are switching to 1RB and 3WR
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I wish Trey was getting more love.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mixon: 16 TDs Chubb: 9

Mixon: 314 receiving yards Chubb: 174

Mixon: 1519 total yards Chubb: 1433

It's funny you point to Chubb playing in fewer games as a reason he had a better season.

it's possibly close but it damn sure ain't definite. 

Chubb is great no question but being hurt doesn't make you a better RB. Agree with the stats for once.

I do think Chubb is a better RB than Mixon but not this season. Chubb is the one player I wish wasn't in our Division.

Dude is scary strong with great balance and long speed. Can take a play to the house on any play when he is healthy.

Still, Mixon had the better season and he deserves props.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wish Trey was getting more love.  

Same, expecting Trey to have good game hitting Mahomes early and often. He will get some more love after.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wish Trey was getting more love.  

1 solo tackle and 1 assisted tackle the last 3 games he's played. Needs to affect the game in more ways than just pass rushing to get the kind of love that shows up on All-AFC, All-NFL, and All-Pro teams.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 1 solo tackle and 1 assisted tackle the last 3 games he's played. Needs to affect the game in more ways than just pass rushing to get the kind of love that shows up on All-AFC, All-NFL, and All-Pro teams.

I don't disagree with his omission, I'm just being a homer because he's had an awesome season.
Reply/Quote
Reader is the truly underrated one from our DL.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nick Chubb did not have a better season than Joe Mixon.

He did. The best measures to grade a RB are YPC, success rate and EPA per rush and Chubb was significantly better in every metric. The reason why they are the best is because they correlate with victories the best, about as good as they can for a RB (which isn’t saying much, RB performance is largely irrelevant when it comes to predicting victories).

The biggest argument against this is the offensive lines they run behind - Chubb has a strong offensive line and Mixon does not. It’s nearly impossible to separate a RB from their offensive line. think Ekeler should be in over Chubb, to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:43 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He did. The best measures to grade a RB are YPC, success rate and EPA per rush and Chubb was significantly better in every metric. The reason why they are the best is because they correlate with victories the best, about as good as they can for a RB (which isn’t saying much, RB performance is largely irrelevant when it comes to predicting victories).

The biggest argument against this is the offensive lines they run behind - Chubb has a strong offensive line and Mixon does not. It’s nearly impossible to separate a RB from their offensive line. think Ekeler should be in over Chubb, to be honest.

Seems total yards and TDs would be kinda important. But I suppose we must consider "success rate"; whatever that made up thing is. 

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 12:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems total yards and TDs would be kinda important. But I suppose we must consider "success rate"; whatever that made up thing is. 

Total yards are largely irrelevant without context. Yards per touch/yards per carry is a significantly better stat for predicting team success (which again, is pretty weak).

Success rate is similar to yards per carry but measures consistency. It is the percentage of runs where the RB produces a positive EPA, which is really just consistently having good runs. Mixon has great TD numbers, even from an efficiency standpoint but even if you don’t think Chubb should be over him, Ekeler should. Mixon doesn’t belong on this list.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 01:12 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Total yards are largely irrelevant without context. Yards per touch/yards per carry is a significantly better stat for predicting team success (which again, is pretty weak).

Success rate is similar to yards per carry but measures consistency. It is the percentage of runs where the RB produces a positive EPA, which is really just consistently having good runs. Mixon has great TD numbers, even from an efficiency standpoint but even if you don’t think Chubb should be over him, Ekeler should. Mixon doesn’t belong on this list.

Guess I'll just disagree with your total yards are irrelevant stance. Pretty sure it's relevant. 

What are your thoughts on TDs? I'm not sure you've shared that

It doesn't appear the metric you used to "predict team success" worked out for you in the Chubb v. Mixon debate

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 01:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess I'll just disagree with your total yards are irrelevant stance. Pretty sure it's relevant. 

What are your thoughts on TDs? I'm not sure you've shared that

It doesn't appear the metric you used to "predict team success" worked out for you in the Chubb v. Mixon debate

That’s fine. Efficiency is what is important, not volume. A performance of 100 yards on 30 carries isn’t a good game, but it’ll get you 1700 yards in a season.

Touchdowns are great and Mixon had great touchdown numbers. They are only part of the equation, though.

That’s because RB performance is largely irrelevant to team success. The NFL is QB driven, not RB driven. The Browns have an aggressively mediocre QB whereas Cincinnati has one of the best QBs in the league this season. This is apparent when looking at Taylor and Ekeler as well, both of whom had better seasons than Mixon and missed the playoffs. I’m saying they are the best metrics to use because of their correlation to victories, but that correlation is still weak. Running backs don’t matter much.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 01:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That’s fine. Efficiency is what is important, not volume. A performance of 100 yards on 30 carries isn’t a good game, but it’ll get you 1700 yards in a season.

Touchdowns are great and Mixon had great touchdown numbers. They are only part of the equation, though.

That’s because RB performance is largely irrelevant to team success. The NFL is QB driven, not RB driven. The Browns have an aggressively mediocre QB whereas Cincinnati has one of the best QBs in the league this season. This is apparent when looking at Taylor and Ekeler as well, both of whom had better seasons than Mixon and missed the playoffs. I’m saying they are the best metrics to use because of their correlation to victories, but that correlation is still weak. Running backs don’t matter much.

I guess we'll just disagree that a RB who had more total Yards and TDs than one who didn't had a worse season. 

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 01:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess we'll just disagree that a RB who had more total Yards and TDs than one who didn't had a worse season. 

Okay, sounds good.
Reply/Quote
Bengals tweeted out the news:

Reply/Quote