Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PJ Dawson promoted
Dawson finally gets to prove if he learned his lessons about working hard as he rejoins the 53 from the practice squad. With Burfict likely out and Vinny beat up, Dawson will likely see some playing time.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If there is anybody on this club to see right now, he would be it. 3rd rounder in 2015 draft. Hopefully he plays well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As the great philosopher Eminem once said, "You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime."
Reply/Quote
Hope he is something close to the player many here were hyping him to be.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hope he is something close to the player many here were hyping him to be.

If he was, he certainly wouldn't have been relegated to the PS or lasted as long as he did there without another team plucking him.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 03:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: If he was, he certainly wouldn't have been relegated to the PS or lasted as long as he did there without another team plucking him.

Are you agreeing that the Bengals' drafts of the last few years have not lived up to the hype? Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 03:13 PM)Derrick Wrote: Are you agreeing that the Bengals' drafts of the last few years have not lived up to the hype? Smirk

Absolutely!  Horrific drafting!  Everything hinges on Lombardis, forget that made the playoffs the 7 of the last 12 years.  I say off with their heads!!!   Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
From one of the numerous "Marvin Stinks" threads:

bfine32 Wrote:Oh I agree every player on the roster that has not gotten significant PT should be played. Hell put Rey on IR and bring up Dawson from the PS. Anybody else that is gimpy shut them down.

But Marvin worrying about the present should be music to the ears that want him gone. WTS, I've always said when we get worse; it's time for marvin to go. it's time for him to go. Maybe i should start a thread.

So of course I am happy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hope he is something close to the player many here were hyping him to be.

Last preseason he was really good. He showed signs of being the player we wanted him to be. Granted, it was preseason, but he was still doing well.

This year, he still had good moments. But wasn't as good as he was the year before. He'd be in the right spot but not make the right move. It was definitely a down preseason for him.

I hope he gets reps and playing time because that's the only way he will get better. He's an instinctive linebacker
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 03:13 PM)Derrick Wrote: Are you agreeing that the Bengals' drafts of the last few years have not lived up to the hype? Smirk

There are issues with our drafts, particularly overdrafting at certain positions and neglecting others, but there are issues with player development, too.  Plus, lots of our high draft picks have been hampered by injury, and haven't developed as quickly as they should as a result.
Reply/Quote
Who did we cut or put up on IR to make room for him?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 05:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Who did we cut or put up on IR to make room for him?

We waived Tyler Ott on Tuesday.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 05:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We waived Tyler Ott on Tuesday.

No, not Tyler Ott!  I had such high hopes for him, at whatever position that he was auditioning for..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 05:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, not Tyler Ott!  I had such high hopes for him, at whatever position that he was auditioning for..  Ninja

Now I wish I didn't buy that Tyler Ott jersey. 
Reply/Quote

depends most of them haven't seen significant time so hard to tell lol.

We haven't been drafting a lot of linebackers anyways.    Maybe flowers also gets some reps if vinny is out?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 05:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, not Tyler Ott!  I had such high hopes for him, at whatever position that he was auditioning for..  Ninja

He did his job well enough to never even notice he was here.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 06:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: depends most of them haven't seen significant time so hard to tell lol.

We haven't been drafting a lot of linebackers anyways.    Maybe flowers also gets some reps if vinny is out?

Now there's a name we haven't heard since training camp.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Great I hope we get to see him on several snaps. I'd say it's likely Vigil will be getting his share as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 03:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Absolutely!  Horrific drafting!  Everything hinges on Lombardis, forget that made the playoffs the 7 of the last 12 years.  I say off with their heads!!!   Sarcasm

We made the playoffs so many times thanks to the drafting of guys like Green, Dalton, Bernard, Dunlap, Atkins, Eifert and scooping up Burfict. None of which happened over the last 3 years.

The last few drafts have been underwhelming, IMO, and that's partially why we're 5-8-1 right now. The flop of Ogbuehi alone was arguably the biggest reason for this disappointing season. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He said with everything that has happened he's grateful to be here. I'd like to know what that everything was. What happened and what was said,cause none of us know. I keep hearing people down the guy left and right like they know. And why he stuck on the PS. I think the coaches are morons, and he will show he's one of the better linebackers we have. I don't think other teams go after players that they don't know about. They'd rather stick to their own guys they've selected.
Reply/Quote