Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON WRAP - Pros and Cons
I have to comment about this, not to go off on too much of a tangent here, but the wet panties for AJ Mccaron has to stop.

If we've ever needed any proof that Dalton haters are simply just blowing off steam, it's the fact that everyone who has ever criticized Andy Dalton has firmly attached themselves to AJ Mccaron's nutsack (maybe with the exception of Toast Jones, but I'm looking at you CornerBlitz).

To be frank, Mccaron wouldn't be able to accomplish half of what Dalton has and he never will.

Mccaron will never throw for 33 YD's passes in a season. He will never lead a team to the playoffs (let alone start an entire season, as Dalton has done 4 years in a row), and he will never have a winning record as a starting quarterback.

Mccaron has not shown the ability to perform at a pro-level consistently, and he is likely unable to do so. Causing a stir at the quarterback position for a pipedream will have more trickle down effect that fans realize, hopefully it doesn't affect the team too much...

There is no quarterback controversy. Andy Dalton is the starting quarterback. Nothing to see here. Move along...
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: I saw him make several adjustments in the game, but a lot of that adjustments happen via the center as well.  I don't think Dalton would have done any better in that situation in fact I know he wouldn't have.  You line this guy up with  the worst line I have ever seen in a preseason and a number 1 receiver in Brandon Tate and expect more?!?!  I'm not calling this guy the next big thing, but only a few Quarterbacks in the league could perform under the circumstances.  That's his 3rd game in the league! you guys just expect perfection way to much.

you hate towards dalton is showing.....

Just because you dont like him doesnt make his backup better..... lol.

mccarron made a couple nice thrus but i think many QBs can manage a no TD night.

As far as concerns for the starting QB that is a legit concern for about 30 NFL franchises.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:03 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I have to comment about this, not to go off on too much of a tangent here, but the wet panties for AJ Mccaron has to stop.

If we've ever needed any proof that Dalton haters are simply just blowing off steam, it's the fact that everyone who has ever criticized Andy Dalton has firmly attached themselves to AJ Mccaron's nutsack (maybe with the exception of Toast Jones, but I'm looking at you CornerBlitz).

To be frank, Mccaron wouldn't be able to accomplish half of what Dalton has and he never will.

Mccaron will never throw for 33 YD's passes in a season. He will never lead a team to the playoffs (let alone start an entire season, as Dalton has done 4 years in a row), and he will never have a winning record as a starting quarterback.

Mccaron has not shown the ability to perform at a pro-level consistently, and he is likely unable to do so. Causing a stir at the quarterback position for a pipedream will have more trickle down effect that fans realize, hopefully it doesn't affect the team too much...

There is no quarterback controversy. Andy Dalton is the starting quarterback. Nothing to see here. Move along...

For one.  I am not a Dalton hater.  I'm a realist and for some reason people draw a line in the sand on this issue.  I don't have to hate Dalton to like what AJ has done.  You just took a guy who has shown well as a backup in the preseason and just verbally shit all over him.  for what ? because you need to rally the troops for Dalton ?  

What takes this even a step further is that you are speaking as if there ever was Quarterback Controversy spoken about anywhere in my post.  This is observations and concerns from the preseason.  Nothing more and nothing less.  If you're not concerned about Dalton's consistency than you're wearing blinders and its a waste of time to even talk to people.  You have made up your mind that you're right and everyone else is wrong.  

McCarron may never start for this team, but he will be a starter in this league.  The tape from this preseason alone will get the get a chance to make a team and until then he will serve as  our best backup option and may develop down the line into our starter depending on how things pan out. 

As far as McCarron not throwing for 33 YD's ? Lead a team to the playoffs or have a winning record..  you frankly sound really uneducated.  The guy has played in 3 preseason PROFESSIONAL GAMES and shown well in all 3.  that's pretty consistent all things considered. 

..... more on the topic of preseason pros and cons.... and less of stomping your feet like a 5 year old

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: I saw him make several adjustments in the game, but a lot of that adjustments happen via the center as well.  I don't think Dalton would have done any better in that situation in fact I know he wouldn't have.  You line this guy up with  the worst line I have ever seen in a preseason and a number 1 receiver in Brandon Tate and expect more?!?!  I'm not calling this guy the next big thing, but only a few Quarterbacks in the league could perform under the circumstances.  That's his 3rd game in the league! you guys just expect perfection way to much.

Sounds like what the Dalton supporters say!

Realistically, that O-line was horrible last night.  Some of it might have been due to AJ's lack of experience and reads, we'll never know.  Bottom line the kid looks like he'll be able to handle 1st team situations if Dalton goes down - the starting O line should help with the reading part of it also.  I feel pretty good about our QB situation.  It could be a lot worse!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you hate towards dalton is showing.....

Just because you dont like him doesnt make his backup better..... lol.

mccarron made a couple nice thrus but i think many QBs can manage a no TD night.  

As far as concerns for the starting QB that is a legit concern for about 30 NFL franchises.

I just don't understand the mindset you guys are coming in with ?  because I listed Dalton as a concern and AJ as a positive for being a good backup and developing well..... this makes me a Dalton hater.  Are you concerned about Dalton at all as far as consistency ? Do you think AJ has shown well as a backup ?   That's the topic.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: I just don't understand the mindset you guys are coming in with ?  because I listed Dalton as a concern and AJ as a positive for being a good backup and developing well..... this makes me a Dalton hater.  Are you concerned about Dalton at all as far as consistency ? Do you think AJ has shown well as a backup ?   That's the topic.

if we are talknig preseason... What outside of the Tampa game where we got beat in the trenches on both sides. Has you concerned about dalton? You made this thread saying Preseason WRAP but go straight into concerns about dalton who played pretty well in his limit action. Are you concerned about daltons neck? Because every teams QB has bad games Pro Defenses make it so.

Yeah AJ has shown if dalton gets hurt he should be able to come in and finish a game. about dalton. He is consistantly helping the team get to the playoffs. and last year with a weak D and limit passing options... So no im not concerned about dalton as the starting QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:25 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Sounds like what the Dalton supporters say!

Realistically, that O-line was horrible last night.  Some of it might have been due to AJ's lack of experience and reads, we'll never know.  Bottom line the kid looks like he'll be able to handle 1st team situations if Dalton goes down - the starting O line should help with the reading part of it also.  I feel pretty good about our QB situation.  It could be a lot worse!

Bingo Daddy-O

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we are talknig preseason... What outside of the Tampa game where we got beat in the trenches on both sides.  Has you concerned about dalton?

Since the majority of his snaps came in the Tampa game here are my concerns.  He just came off a season where he almost threw more interceptions than touchdowns.  He played reckless when pressured and has aweshuck moments on his face to many times for my liking.  He showed well in game 1 and 3, but when 1/3rd of your game sample size shows as bad as it did in Tampa you have to be concerned.  That doesn't mean anything other than my personal concerns after the preseason.  He could go lights out this year and I hope he does, but as of today I'm concerned we will see that aweshucks face one to many times this year.

Reply/Quote
Pros - no major injuries
Cons - Dennard got dinged up
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:32 PM)Okeana Wrote: Since the majority of his snaps came in the Tampa game here are my concerns.  He just came off a season where he almost threw more interceptions than touchdowns.  He played reckless when pressured and has aweshuck moments on his face to many times for my liking.  He showed well in game 1 and 3, but when 1/3rd of your game sample size shows as bad as it did in Tampa you have to be concerned.  That doesn't mean anything other than my personal concerns after the preseason.  He could go lights out this year and I hope he does, but as of today I'm concerned we will see that aweshucks face one to many times this year.

So AJ Green and Jeremy Hill concern you too then?

AJ Green had a pretty aweshucks face in that game as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:31 AM)Okeana Wrote: I couldn't disagree more on Peerman.  The guy is a special teams allstar, above average in the run game, great blocker, and can catch the ball.  When you're talking about a guy who is 4th on the depth chart I challenge you to find someone who brings more to the table.  I think Wilder can play in this league, but probably more of a 3rd back on another roster.  The 4th back is always going to see a lot more special teams than carries and if you value a guy who may see 5 carries a year over someone proven to be a special teams leader.... I just don't know what to say.

Love to debate it tho and here's to hoping tate goes away this year.

I have mixed feelings about Peerman.   Since that spot will get very few touches in the offense, it really does come down to ST's around here, which is where Peerman excels.

OTOH, Wilder, Jr. would make a pretty good Hill backup.  He runs very hard and has more quickness than I expected and he has been here a year, so he should know the offense.

I see plenty of merit in both sides of the question.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 04:56 PM)McC Wrote: I have mixed feelings about Peerman.   Since that spot will get very few touches in the offense, it really does come down to ST's around here, which is where Peerman excels.

OTOH, Wilder, Jr. would make a pretty good Hill backup.  He runs very hard and has more quickness than I expected and he has been here a year, so he should know the offense.

Peerman is the master of the fake punt, so we have to keep him ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 04:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So AJ Green and Jeremy Hill concern you too then?

AJ Green had a pretty aweshucks face in that game as well.

It's probably came from knowing that if the QB is a wreck, everybody's in trouble.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 04:56 PM)McC Wrote: I have mixed feelings about Peerman.   Since that spot will get very few touches in the offense, it really does come down to ST's around here, which is where Peerman excels.

Kinda want to keep them both on the 53, don't want Wilder on the PS.

5 RBs would work with 5 WRs, but they'll probably keep 6.
Reply/Quote

I thought Peerman was safe, but the more I read, he may not be and Wilder may have beat him out
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 04:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Peerman is the master of the fake punt, so we have to keep him ThumbsUp

Seems like it's good for one big first down a year.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought Peerman was safe, but the more I read, he may not be and Wilder may have beat him out

Wilder strikes me as the kind of guy nobody wants to have to tackle in the 4th quarter.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought Peerman was safe, but the more I read, he may not be and Wilder may have beat him out

They gave Peerman an awful lot of reps for a guy who was safe....he was running for his job. Wilder has shown he is solid on ST. That weakens Peerman's case. 
Wilder is definitely the better runner. 
Reply/Quote
Cons- Starting Center, Starting Sam, Lack of Vontaz, and lack of WR depth
Pros- Geno is back, Chris Carter emergence, Positive QB play from 1 and 2, Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert looking good, and no real major injuries.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:05 PM)McC Wrote: Wilder strikes me as the kind of guy nobody wants to have to tackle in the 4th quarter.

He also gives us Hill insurance.

Hill - Wilder
Burkhead - Gio 
Reply/Quote