Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON WRAP - Pros and Cons
I know there are multiple cons for us, but the only one that really sticks out to me is Bodine.

Seriously, I know there's a thing of the sophomore slump, but I fear that he's gone beyond that and into the Ghiaciuc slump.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:05 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They gave Peerman an awful lot of reps for a guy who was safe....he was running for his job. Wilder has shown he is solid on ST. That weakens Peerman's case. 
Wilder is definitely the better runner. 

He's all hard edges and power, with some nifty feet too.  And man, the want to is really obviously there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He also gives us Hill insurance.

Hill - Wilder
Burkhead - Gio 

Yep.  I'm with ya.  Wanna be a running team?  Keep the best runners.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:11 PM)McC Wrote: Yep.  I'm with ya.  Wanna be a running team?  Keep the best runners.

Eventually if they want to take the next step as a team, they have to do more for keeping better all around players...not just a few ST aces. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Eventually if they want to take the next step as a team, they have to do more for keeping better all around players...not just a few ST aces. 

Yep.  

Reply/Quote
PJ Dawson is some kind of tackler. He gets his hands on you, the play is over. And he brings the pop too.

Flies through gaps, sees the field, gets there in a hurry. Color me very impressed.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:17 PM)McC Wrote: PJ Dawson is some kind of tackler.  He gets his hands on you, the play is over.  And he brings the pop too.

Flies through gaps, sees the field, gets there in a hurry.  Color me very impressed.

I know its just pre season but the dude looks legit out there. According to PFF he lead all Linebackers in stops with 13.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:20 PM)J24 Wrote: I know its just pre season but the dude looks legit out there. According to PFF he lead all Linebackers in stops with 13.

He just does not miss tackles.  Love that in a LB.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:17 PM)McC Wrote: PJ Dawson is some kind of tackler.  He gets his hands on you, the play is over.  And he brings the pop too.

Flies through gaps, sees the field, gets there in a hurry.  Color me very impressed.

(09-04-2015, 05:20 PM)J24 Wrote: I know its just pre season but the dude looks legit out there. According to PFF he lead all Linebackers in stops with 13.

Oh yeah!!!  I think we got a good one there and could really help us.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:22 PM)McC Wrote: He just does not miss tackles.  Love that in a LB.

I like Dawson, but I saw him whiff not once, but twice last night on pass plays due to wrong pursuit angle and lack of speed against non-starters for Indy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I like Dawson, but I saw him whiff no once, but twice last night on pass plays due to wrong pursuit angle and lack of speed against non-starters for Indy

Alright then.  You've proven me wrong and I stand corrected.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I like Dawson, but I saw him whiff no once, but twice last night on pass plays due to wrong pursuit angle and lack of speed against non-starters for Indy

He's just that type of player, he'll be great almost always, specifically downhill though gaps, playing at 100% and then he'll make a wrong decision and misses big time.

One of the few situations his lack of elite athleticism will haunt him, but you take the bad with the very good with a player like him.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:32 PM)Stormborn Wrote: He's just that type of player, he'll be great almost always, specifically downhill though gaps, playing at 100% and then he'll make a wrong decision and misses big time.

One of the few situations his lack of elite athleticism will haunt him, but you take the bad with the very good with a player like him.

I agree, I like him and see him very similar to Burfict

I am just not ready to anoint him for the HOF just yet
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, I like him and see him very similar to Burfict

I am just not ready to anoint him for the HOF just yet

ffs can you pick a bigger discrepancy to what the actual consensus on him is?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:52 PM)Stormborn Wrote: ffs can you pick a bigger discrepancy to what the actual consensus on him 
lol.  I will say that Bengal fans are the most nit picky sobs on the planet.  well unless your Wilder Jr.  Who is a better " All around player " Except for catching the ball.... or playing on special teams....

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I expect Dawson will be in the starting lineup this season, especially if Burflict does not come back at full power. They can move Hawk to the middle and flank him with Maualuga and Dawson. Once they know Burflict is really able to play he takes over in the middle and Hawk either slides to backup or displaces Maualuga.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:58 PM)Okeana Wrote: lol.  I will say that Bengal fans are the most nit picky sobs on the planet.  well unless your Wilder Jr.   Who is a better " All around player " Except for catching the ball.... or playing on special teams....

What are you talking about?
Wilder showed he could catch and he's more than competent on ST. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:58 PM)Okeana Wrote: lol.  I will say that Bengal fans are the most nit picky sobs on the planet.  well unless your Wilder Jr.   Who is a better " All around player " Except for catching the ball.... or playing on special teams....

Wilder over Peerman I presume... I think... Maybe?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: I expect Dawson will be in the starting lineup this season, especially if Burflict does not come back at full power. They can move Hawk to the middle and flank him with Maualuga and Dawson. Once they know Burflict is really able to play he takes over in the middle and Hawk either slides to backup or displaces Maualuga.

So thats the leap eh ? So in the course of one season this guy is going to replace AJ hawk who replaces Malabaluga:*) and then summon Burfict from IR to return to become gods of of the Linebackers.  Sounds Logical im sold

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: What are you talking about?
Wilder showed he could catch and he's more than competent on ST. 

The only thing Wilder showed me was he could run against 2's and 3's halfway decent.  Oh and look weird as hell in a football uniform.  

Reply/Quote