Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS Game 2 Thoughts
(08-20-2023, 07:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Ditto.

Repeating as division champ is not a given, but it is not out of reach either.

Also apparently there has never been a 3-peat division winner in the AFC North. So history is not on our side to repeat, not that really means anything lol, just an interesting fact I saw. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 12:16 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'm of two minds about Picket and Pickens.  They both looked good at times last season and could progress.  On the other hand defenses and CBs have now had a lot of time and tape to study from last year till now and a sophomore slump for both of them could likely occur (especially Picket), now that they have both put tendencies on tape.

I told my daughter - a Steeler fan - at the end of last season, that Pickett looked to me like he had a ceiling of Andy Dalton. I think Pickett will turn into a guy who you can win with but will need other positions to help carry the team. As currently built, Pickett has that so the Steelers may do better than people think with Pickett, then again, there's a reason Steeler fans have been calling for OC Canada's head for the last couple of seasons and AFAIK, he's still the OC sooooooooo ...

(08-21-2023, 12:16 PM)Stewy Wrote: As for the Ravens.....they're going to ask Lamar to be a pocket passer, which he does not have the tools to be.  They're going to run a standard offense, AND he has been sending plays and routes to the OC to implement for him.  He's gotten them off Twitter FFS.  Lamar's ego is going to be his own doing.  He is not capable of being the QB the offense is designed for.  He doesn't have the touch or accuracy.  never has.  never will.  I won't be surprised if the offense is a disaster for Lamar like Denver was for Wilson last year.

I hope you're right, but Lamar is also going to continue to take off and run when things aren't there and he's so freakin' good at it. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Did anyone post the PFF grades for the O-line? I havent seen any but just from the eye test, I thought the O-line did a much better job against Atlanta.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 12:16 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'm of two minds about Picket and Pickens.  They both looked good at times last season and could progress.  On the other hand defenses and CBs have now had a lot of time and tape to study from last year till now and a sophomore slump for both of them could likely occur (especially Picket), now that they have both put tendencies on tape.

As for the Ravens.....they're going to ask Lamar to be a pocket passer, which he does not have the tools to be.  They're going to run a standard offense, AND he has been sending plays and routes to the OC to implement for him.  He's gotten them off Twitter FFS.  Lamar's ego is going to be his own doing.  He is not capable of being the QB the offense is designed for.  He doesn't have the touch or accuracy.  never has.  never will.  I won't be surprised if the offense is a disaster for Lamar like Denver was for Wilson last year.

Could everything turn out rosey for both?  Sure it could, but I have my doubts.

Ravens are not abandoning Lamar, what they are finally trying to do is put better WRs out on the field to help him and take pressure off him and Dobbins coming back from injury.  Lamar is not going to be at top of accuracy but he is not the worst either and will only improve with better weapons, no different than Burrows would go down if you took Chase and Higgins off the team.  As for Steelers, they probably had the best top two picks in the draft and both showed talent as rookies, we can only expect them to improve and if preseason is any indication it looks like they will. 

Dog fight is coming in the AFC North.. 
Reply/Quote
I don’t see Lamar or the RatTurds as being nearly as bad as some of you are conveying.

Actually, ditto the improved Stoolers as well as the Stains.

Here comes the HATE —but I think we split the series w all 3 teams.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 08:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ravens are not abandoning Lamar, what they are finally trying to do is put better WRs out on the field to help him and take pressure off him and Dobbins coming back from injury.  Lamar is not going to be at top of accuracy but he is not the worst either and will only improve with better weapons, no different than Burrows would go down if you took Chase and Higgins off the team.  As for Steelers, they probably had the best top two picks in the draft and both showed talent as rookies, we can only expect them to improve and if preseason is any indication it looks like they will. 

Dog fight is coming in the AFC North.. 

(08-21-2023, 09:32 PM)Whacked Wrote: I don’t see Lamar or the RatTurds as being nearly as bad as some of you are conveying.

I am not meaning to convey that the Ravens will be bad.  But Essex, you are wrong.  Lamar is what he is.  He is not going to get more accurate with better weapons.  Will he still run?  Yes because he's a one read and go kind of guy.  But the Lou knows how to stop running QBs.  People have far too much faith is one leg Lamar.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 09:32 PM)Whacked Wrote: I don’t see Lamar or the RatTurds as being nearly as bad as some of you are conveying.

While I did not watch any of those games, Charlie Weiss said Cleveland looked legit in their last Preseason game and said the Steelers "Rag Dolled" Buffalo's starters. It's going to be a tough season all the way around.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 09:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Carman has found a home at backup LT

Our #3 QB is very mobile

Jeff Gunther looks good

Charlie Jones did not

Was disappointed in the play of Zac Carter

Bo Jackson's relative had a good game and secured at least a PS position

RJ3 looked like Vonn Miller out there

The punter gig is not settled

Now I'm really pulling for him to make the 53
[Image: icgvawsksqbcgei3i3ac.jpg]

and no Bud Light for my dude

[Image: zamywysnhewmjzns1igc.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Zeppelin and the High Life. I just liked these players even more. Smirk

RJ3 was a beast against the Falcons and Iosivas is special with his size, speed and talent.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 11:32 AM)RancidJedi Wrote: Can we start a thread about safety Scott. My god he is horrible. He misses tackles , doesn’t make plays and blocked easily and simple zone reads where a TE runs a cross he is late to react. I see Battle taking his spot by mid season for sure.

Hey look who called it. Not to shabby I might add.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 09:13 PM)RancidJedi Wrote: Hey look who called it.  Not to shabby I might add.

Did you just necro a thread this old to beat your chest about a point you, along with half the forum, and human population with seeing eyes made? 
Reply/Quote