Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS update: Shelvin released, TE added

Reply/Quote
Hudson (6-5, 239), a third-year player out of Southern Arkansas University, originally was a college free agent signee of Tampa Bay in 2018. He has played in 33 career NFL games — 20 with Tampa Bay from 2019-20, two with San Francisco in '21 and 11 with the N.Y. Giants earlier this season. He has 15 career catches for 199 yards (13.3 average). Hudson was waived by the Giants on Dec. 5. - Bengals.com
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

We'll be his 4th team in 4 years. Not getting hopes up for him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We'll be his 4th team in 4 years. Not getting hopes up for him. 

Agree but might mean Hurst is out for awhile. 

Definitely hoping that is not the case, but my buddy who Ive watched games with for 40 plus years has been on Wilcox's bandwagon all year long.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We'll be his 4th team in 4 years. Not getting hopes up for him. 

yea, they shouldve promoted *checks notes* .....Thad Moss
Ninja
Reply/Quote
interesting they kept a PS spot open with Drue's promotion. I hope it is a spot for Kevin Huber.

Good Bye Tyler....we will always have the photo of Joe up on your shoulder after winning the AFC championship.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Joe Goodberry does a scoring profile for every draft that takes into account production, athletic numbers etc and he was very low on Tyler Shelvin

His scoring system gave Shelvin a 61.0 overall grade.
Reply/Quote
So, to review, this closes the bookon our fantabulous 2019 & 2021 NFL Draft day poor trade streak bonanza.

To be fair to Taylor, he has had some good non-draft day trades (Price to Giants for BJ Hill AND a 7th; Finley + 7th to Texans for a 6th (Chris Evans).

And has drafted excellently to very well overall post 2019, but trading UP for Finley and Michael Jordan (including a pick that turned into Hunter Renfrow for MJ) was brutal. Although we did net Trayveon Williams (and Wren) in the Sample trade down/overreach debacle.

For this one: trading DOWN to get Carman landed us Shelvin and D'Ante Smith.

Enough of that, too much negativity on a great day to be a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:20 PM)pally Wrote: interesting they kept a PS spot open with Drue's promotion.  I hope it is a spot for Kevin Huber.

Good Bye Tyler....we will always have the photo of Joe up on your shoulder after winning the AFC championship.

Huber indicated he expected to be signed to the practice squad. Says he wants to continue to mentor Drue while also keeping his own punting sharp.
Reply/Quote
I support the organization as much as any and more than most, but this stuff has always been something I've hated.

We've just beaten the #1 seed in the NFL and lost our starting TE and we sign a dude such as this to the PS in a world where the likes of Eric Ebron is sitting on the couch. Hell bring Tyler Eifert back, shit Jermaine Gresham is younger than D-Jax and he's helping the Birds
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bengals are thin at TE. Maybe add a decent TE this year draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Call Gronk. See if he still wants to play with Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 07:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: Huber indicated he expected to be signed to the practice squad. Says he wants to continue to mentor Drue while also keeping his own punting sharp.

Got to respect him for not riding off into the sunset and hanging around to mentor the guy who took his job. 

Kevin has been a class act since day one. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengals are thin at TE.  Maybe add a decent TE this year draft.

Supposedly the Bengals were very serious about drafting Trey McBride in the 2nd round this past draft. I can see us targeting the spot again in the first few rounds this year, barring a FA signing.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 02:12 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Supposedly the Bengals were very serious about drafting Trey McBride in the 2nd round this past draft. I can see us targeting the spot again in the first few rounds this year, barring a FA signing.

Whyle. 3rd Round.

DO IT!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 02:12 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Supposedly the Bengals were very serious about drafting Trey McBride in the 2nd round this past draft. I can see us targeting the spot again in the first few rounds this year, barring a FA signing.

If Mayer is there I think they take him.  But I seriously doubt he is there at pick 32....
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 01:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Got to respect him for not riding off into the sunset and hanging around to mentor the guy who took his job. 

Kevin has been a class act since day one. 

Huber is respected outside of Cincinnati. Here fellow former punter McAfee and fellow teammate Hawk kind of slip in some praise for him for just being a great guy. It's nice to see people say positive things like that about someone while they're still playing.
I tried having it queued up around 4:50 where they praise him but Pat does do some of his 'personal experience' teachings early on in the video about kicking in a windy stadium.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I support the organization as much as any and more than most, but this stuff has always been something I've hated.

We've just beaten the #1 seed in the NFL and lost our starting TE and we sign a dude such as this to the PS in a world where the likes of Eric Ebron is sitting on the couch. Hell bring Tyler Eifert back, shit Jermaine Gresham is younger than D-Jax and he's helping the Birds

And by the time Eric Ebron, who hasn’t played in over a year, gets into football shape, Hurst would be back. We need someone who could be available now if only to play on the scout team. Hudson caught a pass in an NFL game last week.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 07:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: Huber indicated he expected to be signed to the practice squad. Says he wants to continue to mentor Drue while also keeping his own punting sharp.

Kevin is all class...
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 03:05 AM)pally Wrote: And by the time Eric Ebron, who hasn’t played in over a year, gets into football shape, Hurst would be back. We need someone who could be available now if only to play on the scout team.  Hudson caught a pass in an NFL game last week.

And this is why, much to Frank's chagrin, I mentioned what was Moss doing. Not that Moss is all that great, but he can catch. If Hurst was lost for the season, I would be looking for an outside TE. As it is, by the time anybody from the outside we bring in gets up to speed with the playbook, Hurst will likely be back and they will be waived. We don't need a replacement, we need a stop gap that can come in and play immediately. 
Reply/Quote