Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy played great in Pro Bowl! Fantasic QB we have!
(01-31-2017, 08:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think any player on the Bengals shows fire outside of maybe Pacman, and he can't focus it really. I think it's a culture thing. Marv is always preaching about guys stepping up and leading, yet they seem to always discourage players from speaking out in any way. Kinda hard to be "fiery" with a muzzle on.

I'll also repeat what I've said in other threads. IMO, leadership is 90% perception. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers were once questioned in that department. Getting to a SB sure did wonders for their image. Dalton is viewed as "that guy that chokes in the playoffs". Kinda hard to be perceived as a leader while also being perceived as a choker.

He's gotta get the playoff monkey off his back, and I'm not sure that will ever happen with Marv.

This picture portrays how i've always viewed leaders.

[Image: st.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 07:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I was talking to this NFL scout who went and saw the Pro Bowl, he told me he was very disappointed because some AFC players walked into the locker room after the game and did not interact with the fans, even kids. No waving, no high fives, nothing.

However, he said some players stayed out longer than most and did numerous autographs.

Andy Dalton was one of them. Others were Brian Orakpo, Taylor Lewan, Richie Incognito, Kyle Juszczyk, and Morgan Cox.

The ones that walked by that he gave me by name were Alex Smith, Jay Ajayi, Jarvis Landry, Stephon Gilmore, Kyle Williams, and Colquitt

I don't ever question Andy's character.  He is a fantastic human being.  But I do question his QB play.
Reply/Quote