Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman adopts Chris Henry's kids
What an honerable thing to do. GOOD on Pac..
https://youtu.be/IunfsbYUJeI
Reply/Quote
Adam, God Bless you brother! Cool

Cannot believe we just heard about this. RIP Slim. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Didn't know that. Just goes to show, don't let the media fully form your opinion on anyone, humans aren't 2D characters.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 03:03 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Didn't know that. Just goes to show, don't let the media fully form your opinion on anyone, humans aren't 2D characters.

I thought the same thing brother. People can change gfor the better. The media just wants to keep running with the same narrative..
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 03:03 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Didn't know that. Just goes to show, don't let the media fully form your opinion on anyone, humans aren't 2D characters.

Yeah, Adam is a good dude, just has too much fun some times like a lot of us. Women also get to him like most of us lol

It is just when you are in the NFL you should try to minimize it more than Adam did. Both him and Chris had crazy talent.

Adam might of been the best Punt Returner besides Deion I have ever watched and Chris had another gear for a 6'4" WR.

Slim could of been the best go route WR, sucks. Cry

I just love that Adam is being a good Dad for 5 kids and taking in his brother's who need him. Just a great story.
Reply/Quote
This is ridiculously cool. Thanks for posting. Always loved Pac. I said that on another thread but he was always a straight shooter. Need more of that in this world. To adopt his late friend's kids just to give them a proper male role model is something that only good people would ever do. Remarkable.
Reply/Quote
I have met them in person. They are AWESOME young men! They are super smart academically and those boys have inherited the athletic genes. Oldest one is already 6"1'. I hope they stay in the city and we can follow their high school careers.
Reply/Quote
PAC’s past transgressions should not be forgotten, but like all good people - we should be able to contextualize growth and willingness to accept responsibility. For some, people’s beliefs and understanding of the world that brings them success can also set them up for failure which is what happened in his case.
Reply/Quote
Can only hope he took the kids from the mom. The mom was a piece of work and the circumstances surrounding his death should've lead to a manslaughter charge.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Adam is a good dude, just has too much fun some times like a lot of us.

Pacman lives somewhat close to me and is in my part of town; I could drive to his house in about 2 mintues.  His house is actually about 100 yards from one of my good friends, and I know another person whose cousin lives directly across the street and they've both been over and hung out with him.

Anyways, I've heard TONS of stories in addition to all of the others one that make their way around town.  While I don't think Pacman is an evil person or anything like that, he definitely does not just have "too much fun" or is like "a lot of us".  He's earned a lot of his reputation.

From what I know, he probably best can be decribed as a Jeckyll and Hyde personality.  He's someone you'd want to be very careful around when he's drinking, if not all together avoid.  The problem is, he drinks quite a bit.

I'm not pointing any of this out to rag on the dude.  A lot of people are mixture of good and bad.  But you cannot sum up Pacman Jones as just a guy who likes to have too much fun.  It's way more complicated than that.  
Reply/Quote
So did he LITERALLY adopt them? I would think that requires the mother giving them up to happen. People often use the word to mean they have put a vested interest in caring and assisting children without doing the literal legal part.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 08:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So did he LITERALLY adopt them?  I would think that requires the mother giving them up to happen.  People often use the word to mean they have put a vested interest in caring and assisting children without doing the literal legal part.

I think the mother is in Prison...
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 08:30 PM)Tony Wrote: I think the mother is in Prison...

well DAMN!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 08:30 PM)Tony Wrote: I think the mother is in Prison...

He flat out said that he still talks and is close with, her, so I'm perplexed as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 08:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He flat out said that he still talks and is close with, her, so I'm perplexed as well.

Same here. Now I'm really wandering....
Reply/Quote
Awesome! Respect level just went higher for Adam. RIP Slim, gone way too soon. Was one of my favorites and truly believe he could have been on of the greatest WR’s Ever!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 08:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So did he LITERALLY adopt them?  I would think that requires the mother giving them up to happen.  People often use the word to mean they have put a vested interest in caring and assisting children without doing the literal legal part.

In the interview with Shannon, he says they'd been working it out for 4-5 years. Which makes sense. Adoption is quite a process. It's a total investment.

(I haven't heard anything about her being locked up.)
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 08:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Pacman lives somewhat close to me and is in my part of town; I could drive to his house in about 2 mintues.  His house is actually about 100 yards from one of my good friends, and I know another person whose cousin lives directly across the street and they've both been over and hung out with him.

Anyways, I've heard TONS of stories in addition to all of the others one that make their way around town.  While I don't think Pacman is an evil person or anything like that, he definitely does not just have "too much fun" or is like "a lot of us".  He's earned a lot of his reputation.

From what I know, he probably best can be decribed as a Jeckyll and Hyde personality.  He's someone you'd want to be very careful around when he's drinking, if not all together avoid.  The problem is, he drinks quite a bit.

I'm not pointing any of this out to rag on the dude.  A lot of people are mixture of good and bad.  But you cannot sum up Pacman Jones as just a guy who likes to have too much fun.  It's way more complicated than that.  

Well, that makes total sense as it finally came out awhile back that he has bipolar disorder. A lot of his issues over the years likely stemmed from him not taking his medication properly.

As to why we never heard about this before (adopting Henry’s kids), he said it was just finalized about 6-7 months ago.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2021, 09:42 PM)tms Wrote: In the interview with Shannon, he says they'd been working it out for 4-5 years. Which makes sense. Adoption is quite a process. It's a total investment.

(I haven't heard anything about her being locked up.)

FWIW, here's the latest story I can find. Some talk about Uncle Pacman. Everything seemed to be fine as recently as December 2019. I don't think anyone's in prison. That sounds like straight bullshit lol

https://www.bengals.com/news/ten-years-later-man-man-and-bubba-catch-dad
Reply/Quote
It's easy to forget that those guys were college teammates. They never played together in Cincinnati though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote