Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pacman to Hardy: Stories of Redemption?
Pacman and Hardy both need to have a drink together. LOL!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 11:25 PM)Okeana Wrote: As far Hardy goes I think he needs to stay away from crazy bitches who bang nelly in their downtime and his life may be a lot simpler.

That has nothing to do with it.  He just needs to stop beating up women.

He was suspended from the team in college and had discipline problems with the Panthers before he was ever charged with this crime.

Teams do extensive background checks on all players before they interview them, and Hardy claimed that every team he spoke to at the combine asked him if he was bi-polar.  That is why he fell to the 6th round in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 11:25 PM)Okeana Wrote: Image repairing ?  Im all for not taking Hardy, but don't hand me this idea that the bengal's have a bad image and should be shamed.  If our team was wearing black and yellow the media would have praised us for our passionate play .  I am quite happy to have Burfict and Pacman on this team;  I also think we have done a great job in helping both become better people off the field.

As far Hardy goes I think he needs to stay away from crazy bitches who bang nelly in their downtime and his life may be a lot simpler.  If he can't wrap his head around that then maybe the league should just flush him.

Seriously, do you know anything about him?  Have you read any of the accounts of what happened with that girl?  Did you at all pay attention to his behavior as a member of the Cowboys this year??

Hardy is a complete piece of shit as a human being and as a team mate.  No how, no way should he be a Bengal.  And also, shame on the team who does sign him.
Reply/Quote
Greg Hardy is the biggest asshole in the NFL. No way.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 12:48 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Greg Hardy is the biggest asshole in the NFL. No way.

Sad to say, but he surpassed even Richie Incognito in the BFA rankings.  While I don't know him, or Richie, both seem to be the epitome of dirtbags.  In no way shape or form does Hardy deserve to wear Cincy stripes.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
We failed to address DE in the draft.

If Hardy would play for league minimum. We should do it. He isnt facing charges like Oakman. There is no legal issues hanging over his head.

1 year prove it deal. And we arent overpaying like the cowboys. Come to every meeting on time or we fine the shit out of you. We will help you rehab your image. You have to play for peanuts and give us all you got on the field.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 11:26 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We failed to address DE in the draft.

If Hardy would play for league minimum. We should do it. He isnt facing charges like Oakman. There is no legal issues hanging over his head.

1 year prove it deal. And we arent overpaying like the cowboys.  Come to every meeting on time or we fine the shit out of you. We will help you rehab your image. You have to play for peanuts and give us all you got on the field.

the problem with guys like this is that they can stay out of trouble for a while but then screw up in the middle of the season when there is no one available to replace him.  Then we have a hole in our roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 11:22 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Sad to say, but he surpassed even Richie Incognito in the BFA rankings.  While I don't know him, or Richie, both seem to be the epitome of dirtbags.  In no way shape or form does Hardy deserve to wear Cincy stripes.

maybe... but id deal with it if it ment a ring.

Hes dumb and needs to shut his mouth. nothing marvin hasnt dealt with before
Reply/Quote
Mt issue with Hardy is that he still doesn't seem to "get it". Just a couple of weeks ago he did an interview with Adam Schefter where he not only said he never hit a woman, but that he was raised in the Bible Belt where domestic abuse "doesn't happen".

He is just stupid.

I might be willing to give him achnace if he admits he has a problem and needs to get help. But he still thinks he did nothing wrong.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mt issue with Hardy is that he still doesn't seem to "get it".  Just a couple of weeks ago he did an interview with Adam Schefter where he not only said he never hit a woman, but that he was raised in the Bible Belt where domestic abuse "doesn't happen".

He is just stupid.  

I might be willing to give him achnace if he admits he has a problem and needs to get help.  But he still thinks he did nothing wrong.

Coming out and nationally announcing he is a woman beater does nothing to help him. Nothing.

There were a couple guys who got drafted this weekend with violence against woman reputations. Not saying that makes it OK. But Hardy hasn't had any issues like this since.

His problem last year was being late to meetings and butting heads with Dallas' superstar Dez. And Dallas trying to force him into a leadership role because they paid him so damn much.

Of course we are the Bengals. And we would catch a ton of shit for signing Hardy. But we could just point at Burfict and show a clip of him wrecking AB, Rottenturn, and LeVeon and smiling and everybody would forget about Hardy.

We don't need him to be a leader. Just come in a rehab his image and play for peanuts.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 03:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Coming out and nationally announcing he is a woman beater does nothing to help him. Nothing.

He won't get signed by anyone until he admits he has some sort of problem and is seeking treatment.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He won't get signed by anyone until he admits he has some sort of problem and is seeking treatment.

He had an incident and the charges were dropped, was it a scam and the victim decided to not show up after she got her money, did he intimidate her in to not going? He has a better chance of getting signed if he admits he was a bad teammate and acknowledges he needs to get better in that area.  Coming out an announcing to the nation he is a woman beater and needs professional help so he can quit beating women guarantees he will never get signed.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He had an incident and the charges were dropped, was it a scam and the victim decided to not show up after she got her money, did he intimidate her in to not going? He has a better chance of getting signed if he admits he was a bad teammate and acknowledges he needs to get better in that area.  Coming out an announcing to the nation he is a woman beater and needs professional help so he can quit beating women guarantees he will never get signed.

Exhibit A: Ray Rice.

But I agree with Fred on this one. Coming out and asking for help would be a fine thing for this young man to do. It's not announcing he is a woman beater, it's crying for help.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He won't get signed by anyone until he admits he has some sort of problem and is seeking treatment.

Lol thats not how it works bud, Ray Rice apologized countless times and seeked help and actually worked hard to fix the relationship with the woman he hurt, but I dont remember a team even giving him a tryout.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He had an incident and the charges were dropped, was it a scam and the victim decided to not show up after she got her money, did he intimidate her in to not going? He has a better chance of getting signed if he admits he was a bad teammate and acknowledges he needs to get better in that area.  Coming out an announcing to the nation he is a woman beater and needs professional help so he can quit beating women guarantees he will never get signed.

That is not exactly true.  He was found guilty by a judge and he asked for a jury trial which is allowed under NC law.  Then a settlement of some sort was reached and the victim did not appear for the trial.  But that doesn't change the fact that he was initially found guilty.

We don't need his kind of problems.  I would rather sacrifice a Super Bowl than for us to have to deal with that idiot.  We've seen what kind of damage to the team that can be done by someone like a Greg Hardy...do we really want to return to those losing seasons

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 11:10 AM)pally Wrote: That is not exactly true.  He was found guilty by a judge and he asked for a jury trial which is allowed under NC law.  Then a settlement of some sort was reached and the victim did not appear for the trial.  But that doesn't change the fact that he was initially found guilty.

We don't need his kind of problems.  I would rather sacrifice a Super Bowl than for us to have to deal with that idiot.  We've seen what kind of damage to the team that can be done by someone like a Greg Hardy...do we really want to return to those losing seasons

Not me... You dont win superbowls with 53 choir boys...

If i knew signing him was all we needed to get that ring he'd be here already( if i had any power to do so)

He might have been found quilty at one point but never was convicted. He had every right to a jury of his peers. Judges are not always right and most are extremely bias on many issues. (not defending Hardy... But our justice system doesnt have a very good track record at all...)
Reply/Quote
Last year, I was open for the Bengals to sign him. I live just outside of Charlotte and am familiar with his case through a cop friend that was one of the original people investigating it. The woman he was charged with beating wasn't someone whom you would trust completely and had some statements that were false. No excuse to hit her, but, there were people who believed that the accusations were inflated.

Anyway, a year later, I am glad that the Bengals didn't sign him as like others have said he has shown no remorse and doesn't appear to "get it".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:49 AM)Element Wrote: Lol thats not how it works bud, Ray Rice apologized countless times and seeked help and actually worked hard to fix the relationship with the woman he hurt, but I dont remember a team even giving him a tryout.

Ray Rice was not signed by another team because he was washed up.
Reply/Quote

His agent is the same one that put his foot down on Manziel.

If there was an issue with treatement, he wouldn't he repping Greg Hardy.
Reply/Quote
I made a thread about signing Hardy. I failed to notice this thread, so I'll just post my argument here.

I'm not going to argue the ethics behind such an idea because I admit that my opinion about it differ drastically from others. I will argue for Hardy's signing outside of that scope, however. Here are my top reasons as to why the Bengals should sign Greg Hardy

1. Cost: Greg Hardy has shown flashes of being a pro-bowl caliber defensive end. Given his circumstances, he will be extrodinararly cheap to sign. Given that his next signing (if there is one) will probably be his last unless he balls out, he easily could produce enough marginal output to far exceed his salary. Capitalists like Mike Brown can't help but drool at that.

2. Productivity: This reasons is an extension of the first one, but warrants its own space because of people arguing that Hardy's lack of productivity with the Cowboys proves his performance isn't worth the baggage. They're wrong. If you look at Hardy's performance with the Cowboys on a game-by-game basis, you'll see that he was on track to have an above average year at the very least at first. As the season drifted on, Hardy's performance went downhill and never recovered. The downhill trend began after one point and one point only: AFTER THE PHOTOS OF HIS GIRLFRIEND GOT RELEASED.

Player productivity decreasing because of aspects of their personal lives becoming public knowledge isn't a new phenomenon. We saw it with Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, Tony Romo, and several others. Sometimes their productivity never recovers. Greg Hardy's, however, will. The difference between Hardy and athletes who experienced similar situations is that Hardy's situation placed his football career on the verge of extinction. Athletes who experienced similar situations never had this. They merely were placed under public scrutiny until the attention died down. Greg Hardy's productivity will recover because he can't afford for it not to.

Also, Geno ***** Atkins. If Atkins' presence contributed to Domata Peko's garbage self getting an all-time high in sacks, Greg Hardy will feast.

Risk: There's a chance Hardy squanders his opportunity with the Bengals by not being a team player--even though this trend didn't start until after the photo release either. An incentive-laden contract pretty much ensures the Bengals don't incur any sunk costs if it doesn't work out. Plus, Mama Marvin has a history of taking players with character issues and making them serviceable at the very least. The jury may still be out on Burfict, but Pacman Jones is a perfect example.

Publicity: Let mama Marvin giggle his way out of it for an entire season. The AFC North is known for having complete assholes on their defense. One more asshole isn't going to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

And there you have it. Here's my logical argument for signing Greg Hardy.
Reply/Quote