Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pacman to Hardy: Stories of Redemption?
(05-03-2016, 10:49 AM)Element Wrote: Lol thats not how it works bud, Ray Rice apologized countless times and seeked help and actually worked hard to fix the relationship with the woman he hurt, but I dont remember a team even giving him a tryout.

The sad thing about it is that he was being berated,, spat at, and abused by his wife prior to him striking here.

Yet, Ray Rice is the monster and not the party who we know was the primary aggressor because reasons so whatever.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:49 AM)Element Wrote: Lol thats not how it works bud, Ray Rice apologized countless times and seeked help and actually worked hard to fix the relationship with the woman he hurt, but I dont remember a team even giving him a tryout.

Ray Rice was washed up.

660 yards, 3.1 avg is not worth signing as a redemption product.

Rice was still young, but the Ravens had ridden him too hard.  In the 4 seasons from '09-'12 he averaged 405 touches (rush plus receptions) a year.  
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 02:21 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: The sad thing about it is that he was being berated,, spat at, and abused by his wife prior to him striking here.

Yet, Ray Rice is the monster and not the party who we know was the primary aggressor because reasons so whatever.

He should have just thrown acid on her face, right?

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He should have just thrown acid on her face, right?

Ninja

Because expecting someone who is being subjected to verbal and physical batter to be the rational party is totally sensible.

Also, enough with the hyperbole.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 10:40 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Because expecting someone who is being subjected to verbal and physical batter to be the rational party is totally sensible.

Among adults, yes it is.

I have had women go off on me.  I never punched any of them.  Grown ups don't do that.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 12:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Among adults, yes it is.

I have had women go off on me.  I never punched any of them.  Grown ups don't do that.

Go off.. As in hit you, spit in your face, and then lunge at you to throw a punch?

Equal rights for everyone. Hit me, spit at me, and then come at me? Im throwning punches unless it is a small child. If a women is allowed to be a certified killer in the infantry. Im allowed to deck her in the face when she attacks me.
Reply/Quote

What do grown ups do when a woman like Ronda Rousey goes off on them? Get their masculine ass beat? Or defend themselves? Because self preservation is a natural instinct?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 03:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Go off.. As in hit you, spit in your face, and then lunge at you to throw a punch?

Equal rights for everyone. Hit me, spit at me, and then come at me? Im throwning punches unless it is a small child. If a women is allowed to be a certified killer in the infantry. Im allowed to deck her in the face when she attacks me.

I didn't know Ray Rice's wife did that in the elevator. Wow. Very surprising. Did not see her throw punches at him or anything.

get over yourself. You're a man. A woman spits on you means you uppercut her in the face? Come on now. That's stupidity at it's finest.

Only time I ever hit a woman is if my life or a child's is in danger. Chick wants to spit on me? Cool. Done with her. I've done it before. It's called self control. Something that is lacking anymore.

I'm 24. Been spit on and thrown punches at by women. Never hit them back. Just left them. Any my life is so much better because of it. It's really not that hard to hold back.

I've had a girlfriend try to hit me. Lived with her and everything. What did I do? Leave. It's my life, not ours. She continued to do such and I got a PFA.

It's called being mature. I have zero respect for Hardy.

If a woman tries punching me, I move away from the situation. I can survive a hit. It's not the end of the world.

Greg Hardy does not deserve to be on a NFL team. And I hope he never gets to be on one. Just like Ray Rice.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

You clearly lack self respect, or have a misogynist chirlvarous mindset. Pick one, Fred.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 03:53 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I didn't know Ray Rice's wife did that in the elevator. Wow. Very surprising. Did not see her throw punches at him or anything.

get over yourself. You're a man. A woman spits on you means you uppercut her in the face? Come on now. That's stupidity at it's finest.

Only time I ever hit a woman is if my life or a child's is in danger. Chick wants to spit on me? Cool. Done with her. I've done it before. It's called self control. Something that is lacking anymore.

I'm 24. Been spit on and thrown punches at by women. Never hit them back. Just left them. Any my life is so much better because of it. It's really not that hard to hold back.

I've had a girlfriend try to hit me. Lived with her and everything. What did I do? Leave. It's my life, not ours. She continued to do such and I got a PFA.

If a woman tries punching me, I move away from the situation. I can survive a hit. It's not the end of the world.

Greg Hardy does not deserve to be on a NFL team. And I hope he never gets to be on one. Just like Ray Rice.

I've never hit a woman, and I never intend to hit a woman. And I'm not trying to defend Ray Rice or Hardy's actions. I'm saying blanket statements like "grown up don't do that" I disagree with.

There are women out there that can kick some ass. I don't expect anyone to stand around and take "verbal and physical batter."

Some scab faced heroin addict starts going off on me that I don't know. Man or woman. I'm not going to be mature and practice self control. I'm going to be real and demonstrate self defense.

And hell. Now a days. You may think its a woman assaulting you but it is really a former mens Olympic champion with a twig and berries under that skirt.

What I'm trying to say is, you are allowed to defend yourself.  
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 03:53 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I didn't know Ray Rice's wife did that in the elevator. Wow. Very surprising. Did not see her throw punches at him or anything.

Of course you didn't, because men are damned if they do and damned if they don't regardless of what they do.

They're expected to practice a level of restraint that's innately inhuman. It's why I'm reluctant to join the "**** Hardy" bandwagon, because not all battered people are victims.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 12:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I've never hit a woman, and I never intend to hit a woman. And I'm not trying to defend Ray Rice or Hardy's actions. I'm saying blanket statements like "grown up don't do that" I disagree with.

There are women out there that can kick some ass. I don't expect anyone to stand around and take "verbal and physical batter."

Some scab faced heroin addict starts going off on me that I don't know. Man or woman. I'm not going to be mature and practice self control. I'm going to be real and demonstrate self defense.

And hell. Now a days. You may think its a woman assaulting you but it is really a former mens Olympic champion with a twig and berries under that skirt.

What I'm trying to say is, you are allowed to defend yourself.  

Funny you mention that, considering women abuse their partners as much as men do AND are more likely to use weapons to make up for physical deficiencies.
Reply/Quote
I will defend my7self if a woman physically attacks me, but it would be in the form of restraining her instead of knocking her out.

BTW I saw the video fro the elevator and I did not see Rices woman attacking him. Where did you se that happen.
Reply/Quote
It's been like a year since I last saw it honestly, but Janay Rice's account of what happened seem to match up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnlF2SiorXo

Here's a YTs video of them discussing it.

But yeah, in addition to having to withstand physical and verbal abuse from women, a 250 lb man must also be able to calibrate the degree of force needed to eliminate the threat.
Reply/Quote
We don't even expect trained cops to do this in situations that warrant force to be used. Why the hell should we expect non trained civilians to do so because of gender?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 02:50 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: We don't even expect trained cops to do this in situations that warrant force to be used. 

Actually yes we do.  All Janay did was push him away.  She never even raised her hand, and Rice knocked her out.  Any Police officer who did that would be in trouble.

The way she suddenly pulls her head back before she pushes him away makes it look like he spit in her face.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually yes we do.  All Janay did was push him away.  She never even raised her hand, and Rice knocked her out.  Any Police officer who did that would be in trouble.

The way she suddenly pulls her head back before she pushes him away makes it look like he spit in her face.

No we don't. Police officers are trained to eliminate threats.

They're not trained to fight/shoot to impair or simply disable.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 07:49 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: No we don't. Police officers are trained to eliminate threats.

They're not trained to fight/shoot to impair or simply disable.

So you think a police officer would not get in  trouble for shooting Janay if she did the same thing to an officer that she did to Ray?

Police officers are trained NOT to use deadly force unless it is necessary.  
Reply/Quote
Police officers are told also to kill or be killed. And also it is the public's safety at risk when force to kill.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 03:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Go off.. As in hit you, spit in your face, and then lunge at you to throw a punch?

You're also allowed to not associate with women that do that sort of thing.  Then all you will have to worry about are the random women that just run up and attack you.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote