Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman will test free agent waters
(01-11-2016, 11:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No I was only suggesting that he could be in play.   I think those guys love marvin and will stay as long as the money is close

I asked because I heard he was in play in a couple places and I've been trying to mentally prepare for it if/when it happens.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:43 PM)McC Wrote: I'm torn on Jones.  I love his fire.  He plays without fear.  He does a great job on Antonio Brown.  I absolutely love his return game.  

But he will never totally lose the Pacman in him.

The fact he shuts down Pittsburgh is the reason to pay him.

They can always use the tag if they are worried. Make him play for another contract.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lots of corner starved teams.   Wouldn't doubt if division opponents called on him.  

If money is similar we would prob win.   Maybe VJ would make a case at Miami.  

Zim has corners already.

Every team always needs corners.

We were considered one of the deepest in the league, with 4 first rounders as our top four.  Still, we were forced to have Josh Shaw, Tony Hill, and Chris Lewis-Harris all log a good number of snaps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:42 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I agree but who would be our #1? Kirk? I don't think Kirk would do any good as the #1.. Dennard? I need to see more of him.. Same with Shaw.

This Alexander kid from Clemson looks like the real deal. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:47 PM)McC Wrote: I asked because I heard he was in play in a couple places and I've been trying to mentally prepare for it if/when it happens.

Yeah it's gonna happen unless marvin  is a silver tongued devil lol
Reply/Quote
This is one I won't be mad if we let him test the waters. I don't think there will be big money out there for him. Maybe a little raise on the last contract he signed. I want him back but the jackassery factor significantly hurts his earning potential.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Every team always needs corners.

We were considered one of the deepest in the league, with 4 first rounders as our top four.  Still, we were forced to have Josh Shaw, Tony Hill, and Chris Lewis-Harris all log a good number of snaps.

So they are gonna overpay for a guy to play ahead of their starters? If they didn't draft WAynes I could see maybe they would take a chance
Reply/Quote
Can't lose both he and Reggie Nelson. I figured Reggie was all but gone.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Why do so many hate on Kirkpatrick? He played VERY well in a season which was his first as a starter. Did he make a few mistakes? Sure...you didn't really expect him to play like Darrelle Revis this year, did you? He'll be more than fine as the starter next season.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This Alexander kid from Clemson looks like the real deal. 

Clemson has a few defensive players I would love to have ...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:38 PM)J24 Wrote: I just don't see a huge market for a 33 year old CB, who is small, has a history of injuries, has a very questionable off field history, and just had a very public meltdown in the playoffs. Personally I wouldn't sign him back I think we should split him and Vontaz up.

What are you talking about?  He's just the bargain that this team was built upon...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Can also make a case to always draft a Clemson WR every year haha
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:50 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why do so many hate on Kirkpatrick? He played VERY well in a season which was his first as a starter.  Did he make a few mistakes? Sure...you didn't really expect him to play like Darrelle Revis this year, did you? He'll be more than fine as the starter next season.

Agreed. He is a big corner. Both he and Dennard will be fine. Shaw showed up as well.

But that being said. I hope we resign pacman or we will be drafting another rd 1 corner. Which will be fine.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah it's gonna happen unless marvin  is a silver tongued devil lol

I got the impression last year that the team put something in place for him to stay here.  Didn't seem like it would only last a year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Can also make a case to always draft a Clemson WR every year haha

No kidding.  WR U.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:55 PM)McC Wrote: I got the impression last year that the team put something in place for him to stay here.  Didn't seem like it would only last a year.

Yeah I'm not certain of that.... But I do think we get him back unless someone over pays and if they do then good for Pac. Draft a corner
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:50 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why do so many hate on Kirkpatrick? He played VERY well in a season which was his first as a starter.  Did he make a few mistakes? Sure...you didn't really expect him to play like Darrelle Revis this year, did you? He'll be more than fine as the starter next season.

Because he was the 17th overall pick? Because the fact that he's 4 years into his career and it was only his first as a starter. Because he made more than a "few" mistakes. Because he was THIRD in the NFL in penalties? Because he still can't tackle worth a damn? Because teams regularly picked on him in coverage because he's not good?

Maybe because either the Bengals need to pay him $7.5m in 2016 for his 5th year option, or otherwise he's a FA?

Now that you mention it, I have no idea why Kirkpatrick gets hate. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.  He is a big corner.   Both he and Dennard will be fine.   Shaw showed up as well.  

But that being said.   I hope we resign pacman or we will be drafting another rd 1 corner.   Which will be fine.

I didn't see enough of Dennard or Shaw to make me say that I'm comfortable relying on them, but they were certainly impressive in limited playing time.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
While the Bengals could get a good cornerback in the draft there are plenty of good ones which will test the free agency waters this off-season:

Morris Claiborne, Dallas
Josh Norman, Carolina
Janoris Jenkins, St.Louis/Los Angeles
Cortland Finnegan, Carolina
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Kirkpatrick and Dennard as your CBs next year... that'd be something seriously ugly. Shaw looked better than both of them, and that's both praise for Shaw, and condemnation for them.

That's your opinion. I think Dennard showed well (better than Shaw, even though I think Shaw is a diamond in the rough) and I don't think that CB situation would be "ugly". Dennard was a first round pick for a reason and arguably the best CB prospect in that draft. He just hasn't seen the field much because quality veterans have been ahead of him. He'll shine when he gets the opportunity.

DreKirk did a good job this year as well. People are just salty he didn't have any flashy plays. He held down his side of the field though. If DreKirk were as bad as some say, teams would've picked on him left and right. That didn't happen. 

Honestly, people talk this way anytime we let a player go. Letting Joseph walk was supposed to doom our defense. Many weren't happy letting DreKirk take over for Newman. Pacman will be 33 at the start of next season. We have to transition at some point. This team will be fine regardless.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote