Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Paid Protesters Protest not getting Paid
(05-22-2015, 04:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In this thread, "paid protestor" was used synonymously with "hired protestor", as in they were paid to go out and protest. This is based on OP's story.
...It doesn't actually refute anything I said as getting reimbursed is not the same as being hired to do something.

LOL, they filled out an application. They were screened and selected. Some were paid (presumably). Some are upset over not being paid.

Sure, they didn't fill out a W2 but I think you're the one playing semantics over "hired protestor".
(05-22-2015, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I sure we call all agree W2s were not involved; however, if folks want to assume that at least a few "protestors' were not compensated for their time, then I'll just disagree with that assumption.

and it will be noted that you have no evidence to back your assumption up, just as you have no evidence to back your thread up.

Thanks for playing.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-22-2015, 05:17 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LOL, they filled out an application.  They were screened and selected.  Some were paid (presumably).  Some are upset over not being paid.

Sure, they didn't fill out a W2 but I think you're the one playing semantics over "hired protestor".

Since you wanted to play the semantics game over "paid", we can do that with "hired".

Quote:Hired. employ (someone) for wages.

Were they employed? No. Did they receive a wage? No.

Unlike another person that is arguing with me, i know you're much smarter than this. The two of us can agree that we don't like ACORN and probably don't like these off shoot groups. We can also agree that it seems like they're pocketing some of the funds they have raised. We can also agree that some protestors have probably tried to fraud them by requesting more money than they spent as people do that in these situations. We've all rounded up on work reimbursement forms when they didn't ask for receipts (thanks Best Buy).

But there's still no evidence that anyone was hired or paid to protest.

(05-23-2015, 07:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Unlike another person that is arguing with me, i know you're much smarter than this.

What makes you assume I do not know that justwinbaby is smart?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

and I rest my case.

(05-23-2015, 10:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and I rest my case.

You provided zero evidence that would lead one to assume I do not think JustWin Baby is smart. I've read a number of his posts and he seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]