Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain
His first read was clearly to Tee. He looks that way and hesitates because the linebacker on CJ stayed in the throwing lane to Tee instead of clearing. Joe would have needed really good protection on the play to make it back to Ja'Marr.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 08:42 AM)casear2727 Wrote: A whole lot of posters blames Zac for the last play play of the game?  I must have missed that ignorance. 3rd down with Perine, yes, zero screens for sure.

Criticizing #9 for wanting to go to Chase as we had done all season is kinda odd IMO.

Oh yeah, there were lots of complaints about that play call. I'm not criticizing either of them. We had a piss poor oline.....you can't go into your shell because of it. They played aggressive all year, go with what got you there. Some people just have the hard on for ZT.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 08:45 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This is what separates the greats in some instances, regardless of any decision there will always be Monday morning fan QB's who never played the game, or never played it well, which never stops them from providing their expert criticisms.

Exactly. Like claiming Boyd should be cut for dropping one pass all year. Those experts and their unintentional comedy.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 09:29 AM)RiverRat13 Wrote: His first read was clearly to Tee. He looks that way and hesitates because the linebacker on CJ stayed in the throwing lane to Tee instead of clearing. Joe would have needed really good protection on the play to make it back to Ja'Marr.

Burrow could very well just be trying to hold the S with eyes.  The Rams had a high S on Chase's side, but he fails to pick up Chase because he's looking in the middle of the field.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 12:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: Burrow could very well just be trying to hold the S with eyes.  The Rams had a high S on Chase's side, but he fails to pick up Chase because he's looking in the middle of the field.

This ^

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 02:24 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: First thing I thought of "So, you're the one that lost the game."

Stupid decision by a young QB.

Get the ***** first down, noob, then call whatever you want. I mean, it's great that he has faith in his guys, but everyone knows that's the worst offensive line in Super Bowl history.

If Spain didn't whiff like a tub of lard, it would've worked and everyone would be talking about how Burrow won the game with a great audible. It wasn't stupid either,  they already Burnt Ramse for like 125 on 2 long passes, and they would've again if not for Spain blowing it..
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 01:31 PM)Tony Wrote: If Spain didn't whiff like a tub of lard, it would've worked and everyone would be talking about how Burrow won the game with a great audible. It wasn't stupid either,  they already Burnt Ramse for like 125 on 2 long passes, and they would've again if not for Spain blowing it..

The best part is Spain went on to blame shift on twitter after the game. He tweeted something a long the lines of "don't blame me, I was doing my job" or something like that. 

People want to bring Spain back but I'm good not bringing him back. Guy is a clown. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 01:31 PM)Tony Wrote: If Spain didn't whiff like a tub of lard, it would've worked and everyone would be talking about how Burrow won the game with a great audible. It wasn't stupid either,  they already Burnt Ramse for like 125 on 2 long passes, and they would've again if not for Spain blowing it..

Yeah, that was on Spain and there is no doubt about it. He didn't even get in front of AD. Was pathetic effort on the biggest play
of his entire life. I keep saying maybe this is the reason we haven't brought him back, this and he wants too much. He played well
when he was healthy but health had nothing to do with his effort on that play.
Reply/Quote
I’m out of here.I’m thinking you guys might be,drunk?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 05:48 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I’m out of here.I’m thinking you guys might be,drunk?

I'm not drunk, but I am a bit crazy.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 09:29 AM)RiverRat13 Wrote: His first read was clearly to Tee. He looks that way and hesitates because the linebacker on CJ stayed in the throwing lane to Tee instead of clearing. Joe would have needed really good protection on the play to make it back to Ja'Marr.

If he checked to the go and inteded to throw it to Chase, the look to the left was probably to hold the safety. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: but health had nothing to do with his effort on that play.

You don't know that.

To me it seems kind of strange that an NFL player would decide to just not try on the last play of the Super Bowl after he has sacrificed and played through injury and pain to get there.  How does that theory make any sense in your mind?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2022, 09:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If he checked to the go and inteded to throw it to Chase, the look to the left was probably to hold the safety. 

That's exactly what he was doing.. The first thing Burrow said when he got to the sidelines was, " Did I have the go route"? Spain let Donald in so quick,  Burrow never even saw it..
Reply/Quote
Aaron Donald will blow up or blow by any of the new additions to the O line too. The guy's pretty good at what he does.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't know that.

To me it seems kind of strange that an NFL player would decide to just not try on the last play of the Super Bowl after he has sacrificed and played through injury and pain to get there.  How does that theory make any sense in your mind?

I didn't say he just didn't try on the last play. He may of been tired or whatever but he just let AD inside exactly what you 
don't want to do on that play in that moment. It is just what happened, of course he was trying, it was just poor effort or he
just was unprepared for AD's speed which I guess is understandable.

(05-21-2022, 01:34 PM)Tony Wrote: That's exactly what he was doing.. The first thing Burrow said when he got to the sidelines was, " Did I have the go route"? Spain let Donald in so quick,  Burrow never even saw it..

Yep.

(05-21-2022, 02:04 PM)jason Wrote: Aaron Donald will blow up or blow by any of the new additions to the O line too. The guy's pretty good at what he does.

True, true.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2022, 02:04 PM)jason Wrote: Aaron Donald will blow up or blow by any of the new additions to the O line too. The guy's pretty good at what he does.

Ya, we get that, but Spain didn't even get a finger on him and just ran by him. I don't know how you give that effort on such an important play... 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 01:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: "On the last offensive snap of the Super Bowl, Bengals QB Joe Burrow said he checked to the go route that WR Ja'Marr Chase ran. Just didn't have enough time to get the ball to him."

I have a feeling that play is why we havent signed Spain despite the need for depth at G and he was solid most of the season.
Reply/Quote

I re-watched the Super Bowl highlights over the weekend. Aaron Donald is the SINGLE reason the Rams won that game. He was an absolute menace. The Burrow sack to end the game, stopping Perine on 3rd and 1 when Perine should have had that first down, etc. 

Guy made SO many plays that game. His performance was vastly UNDERRATED in my opinion. It was one of the best defensive efforts by a player in Super Bowl history. 
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 10:29 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I have a feeling that play is why we havent signed Spain despite the need for depth at G and he was solid most of the season.

I think Spains comments on social after the game sealed his fate. This team is all about culture and character and blame shifting is not a great look or someone ZT wants in the locker room. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2022, 10:17 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I re-watched the Super Bowl highlights over the weekend. Aaron Donald is the SINGLE reason the Rams won that game. He was an absolute menace. The Burrow sack to end the game, stopping Perine on 3rd and 1 when Perine should have had that first down, etc. 

Guy made SO many plays that game. His performance was vastly UNDERRATED in my opinion. It was one of the best defensive efforts by a player in Super Bowl history. 

He's basically on that super elite level of players like Lawrence Taylor and Reggie White (in my lifetime).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote