Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting the ceiling
This is apparently a controversial subject...especially in my household. The wife painted the bathroom an aqua/teal/whateverthehell it is blue but left the ceiling light gray. She said you're not supposed to paint the ceiling....can I get a ruling on this? I expected she'd paint the ceiling too. The internet seems to think ceiling eight matters so it's a 10ft or so ceiling in there.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 01:30 AM)basballguy Wrote: This is apparently a controversial subject...especially in my household.  The wife painted the bathroom an aqua/teal/whateverthehell it is blue but left the ceiling light gray.  She said you're not supposed to paint the ceiling....can I get a ruling on this?  I expected she'd paint the ceiling too.  The internet seems to think ceiling eight matters so it's a 10ft or so ceiling in there.

Did she say why you're not supposed to?  I don't think I've ever heard that.  I've always painted mine.

Seems to me, since steam rises, you would want the ceiling painted most of all.  I prefer semi-gloss for water resistance.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Paint the ceiling, either wall color, a compatible trim color, or the old-school white. Definitely paint it.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
right now it's the "fog gray" we picked out when we built the house. So all walls are some random blue and the ceiling is basically white....so i guess it's painted...it just doesn't match the walls?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:39 AM)basballguy Wrote: right now it's the "fog gray" we picked out when we built the house.  So all walls are some random blue and the ceiling is basically white....so i guess it's painted...it just doesn't match the walls?
The idea behind leaving a ceiling white, is so the room feels more open. Painting it the same color as the walls makes the room feel enclosed, claustrophobic even. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hmm never heard of not painting the ceiling. When I rehabbed my house I painted all the ceilings white. Hell, they even have special ceiling pant you can buy. Got mine from Sherwin Williams.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Last time I was with your wife I painted the ceiling in your bedroom.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:58 AM)Bryan Wrote: The idea behind leaving a ceiling white, is so the room feels more open. Painting it the same color as the walls makes the room feel enclosed, claustrophobic even. 

This.

The ceilings are usually painted white.

If the bathroom ceiling in your case is some odd color that just matches the rest of the house it may seem odd, but if it is close to white then it will look white when all the walls are blue.
Reply/Quote
To the OP--

Looks like your wife has been soundly overruled.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:48 AM)Beaker Wrote: Last time I was with your wife I painted the ceiling in your bedroom.

I'm like that old famous guy who painted the ceiling of your sisters chapel.
Reply/Quote
Paint it white.

Ceiling damage happens. Leaks, accidents, having Beaker over. If you paint it "sandstone pearl pomegranate" today and tomorrow they don't make that color, you're going to have to repaint it if you ever have to have work done. There's also ceiling paint that goes on pink, dries white. That stuff for some reason does very good with matching your otherwise white ceiling, even if you're painting over water stains (or Beaker stains).
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:48 AM)Beaker Wrote: Last time I was with your wife I painted the ceiling in your bedroom.

Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

Hopefully you didn't paint over the mirrors I installed. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hopefully you didn't paint over the mirrors I installed. 

Sorry, but we shattered those last time I was with her. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

(02-09-2016, 06:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hopefully you didn't paint over the mirrors I installed. 

(02-10-2016, 11:05 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Sorry, but we shattered those last time I was with her. 

Damn, she gets around.  Hilarious
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

(02-10-2016, 11:05 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Sorry, but we shattered those last time I was with her. 

You two should've double bagged each other. 

Mirrors above that bed bring a whole new meaning to "bumpin' uglies".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 08:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You two should've double bagged each other. 
What do you mean "should've"?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 01:30 AM)basballguy Wrote: This is apparently a controversial subject...especially in my household. The wife painted the bathroom an aqua/teal/whateverthehell it is blue but left the ceiling light gray. She said you're not supposed to paint the ceiling....can I get a ruling on this? I expected she'd paint the ceiling too. The internet seems to think ceiling eight matters so it's a 10ft or so ceiling in there.

the ceiling is difficult and messy but should not be ignored by the paint brush. and by difficult i just mean if it has one of those weird patterns(bumps)

only time i think you should not paint it is if they are drop tiles.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:58 AM)Bryan Wrote: The idea behind leaving a ceiling white, is so the room feels more open. Painting it the same color as the walls makes the room feel enclosed, claustrophobic even. 

thats the theroy of painting the whole room white.

each time you paint no matter the color the room gets a little smaller.
Reply/Quote
I see a red door and I want it painted black

No colors anymore, I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I see a line of cars and they're all painted black
With flowers and my love, both never to come back
I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
Like a new born baby it just happens every day

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and I must have it painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facing up when your whole world is black

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the setting sun
My love will laugh with me before the morning comes

I see a red door and I want it painted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes

I want to see your face painted black, black as night, black as coal
Don't want to see the sun flying high in the sky
I want to see it painted, painted, painted, painted black, yeah
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote