Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Palmer/Chad vs AD/AJ
Who would you rather have?

I watched NFL Network's "A Football Life" on Chad Johnson (loved it) and it brought back memories of both Palmer and Chad. Man were they fun to watch when they clicked!

IMO:
Palmer > AD
Chad = AJ (both superstars but totally different style receivers)
Reply/Quote
The Chad/TJ/Palmer offense was and still is my favorite era of Bengal football. I'm still a little bummed we never got to see Palmer throw to AJ but hey, things change.
Reply/Quote
Why choose? We had both...actually, Marvn had both. Bah, I feel like we should have won something by now!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 10:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Why choose?  We had both...actually, Marvn had both.  Bah, I feel like we should have won something by now!

We forgot to cut the head off of a live rooster for the football Gods that year, so our starting QBs got hurt the years we would have won it all.
Reply/Quote
I like the Andy/AJ combo the best.

However, has anyone ever wondered just how prolific the Blake/Pickens/Dillon offense could have been, had they had a defense that could shut teams down?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 10:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Why choose?  We had both...actually, Marvn had both.  Bah, I feel like we should have won something by now!

Bingo  Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 10:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like the Andy/AJ combo the best.

However, has anyone ever wondered just how prolific the Blake/Pickens/Dillon offense could have been, had they had a defense that could shut teams down?

They also had McGee and Darnay Scott.

With the current year's D they would have been tough to beat !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 09:37 AM)Whacked Wrote: Who would you rather have?

I watched NFL Network's "A Football Life" on Chad Johnson (loved it) and it brought back memories of both Palmer and Chad. Man were they fun to watch when they clicked!

IMO:
Palmer > AD

All four are highly skilled players, but I have to give the edge to Dalton and Green because of their "team first" attitude.  Palmer and Chad tended to be "me first" players.
Reply/Quote
Dalton/Green should last longer and put up much better numbers over their time. More playoff appearances and hopefully wins too. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 09:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: The Chad/TJ/Palmer offense was and still is my favorite era of Bengal football. I'm still a little bummed we never got to see Palmer throw to AJ but hey, things change.

Same. I share your sentiment on all.
Reply/Quote

Hell, I wish we had Dillon now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
^That would be SICK

Dude didn't need an O-Line. Lol
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 01:28 PM)jason Wrote: Hell, I wish we had Dillon now.

Heck, I'd be thrilled with Willie Anderson and Richie Braham.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Palmer/Green would have loved to see that
Reply/Quote
AJ/AD hands down for me. The season we had before we drafted those guys did it for me. What did we win 4 games with our superstars? Then 2 rookies come in and we are a perennial playoff team right away. Attitude and locker room presence does wonders. Chad could've been one of the best ever, but when he turned into Ocho, he threw it away.
Reply/Quote
Ad>Palmer
AJ>Chad
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 10:24 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We forgot to cut the head off of a live rooster for the football Gods that year, so our starting QBs got hurt the years we would have won it all.

Part of me believes that, and then part of me wonders why we were TOTALLY SUPPOSED TO WIN IT ALL in only the exact 2 out of the 12 years we had Palmer and Dalton.  Pretty specific and convenient we weren't "supposed" to win it all in the 9 seasons they were healthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 12:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Part of me believes that, and then part of me wonders why we were TOTALLY SUPPOSED TO WIN IT ALL in only the exact 2 out of the 12 years we had Palmer and Dalton.  Pretty specific and convenient we weren't "supposed" to win it all in the 9  seasons they were healthy.

Could you honestly say that 2005 and 2015 weren't the best years the team had under either QB? Both of those years our team was much better than any other year under those QBs. In 2015 both the defense and the offense were playing lights out. In 2005 the offense was playing really well, and the defense caused a lot of turnovers.
Reply/Quote

Well you know I have.  Smirk

Blake/Pickens (with no Dillon) led the Bengals to a pair of 7-9 seasons and an 8-8 season...with a terrible defense and run game. They single handedly made the Bengals exciting and competitive for a few seasons. 

Fwiw, Blake only started one season (12 games) with Dillon. 1998. But by that point, the team wasn't really behind Blake, and Pickens was declining. Plus the defense was still putrid. They finshed 4-12, but I think they swept the Steelers that year, so that's always good.

As for the OP - I'll take Andy over Palmer by a nose and AJ over Chad by a nose. The Chad/TJ days were probably my favorite as a Bengals fan. You have to feel like they could've accomplished more, but they led the team out of the abyss, and I'll always remember them fondly for that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 09:37 AM)Whacked Wrote: Who would you rather have?

IMO:
Palmer > AD

Palmer left whining while Dalton has been a team player. So I'll take Dalton over Palmer. Who needs the headaches?

Chad was great! AJ is great! Both great is their own way but both scare defenses.

Reply/Quote