Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandoras Box
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/29/hue-jackson-plans-to-open-pandoras-box-this-season/

Hue is gonna open it

[Image: latest?cb=20140111111344]

[Image: afa48b3fb671be713866bfc0fd0b6913.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I guess it's a vague statement, but I thought the plan was to run run run run run run run with Hill. I thought that is what we wanted? Hue sort of has a reputation for outsmarting himself and getting too cute with the play-calling, doesn't he?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 01:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess it's a vague statement, but I thought the plan was to run run run run run run run with Hill.  I thought that is what we wanted?  Hue sort of has a reputation for outsmarting himself and getting too cute with the play-calling, doesn't he?

I feel like you've just described Jay Gruden...
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 01:54 PM)NKYRob Wrote: I feel like you've just described Jay Gruden...

Exactly.  

Gruden was too complex and didn't realize that sometimes you have to run to set-up the pass because he was still in Arena-mode where he thought he had to constantly go for the kill.

Honestly, I don't want Pandora's Box or anything because pounding Hill should be consistent and it will lead us to victory, but maybe he meant just a change-of-pace sometimes and things like the occasional no-huddle (which doesn't mean we have to throw the ball), which I would be ok with.
Reply/Quote
I'm excited for the Pandora's box!  It's the gadget plays that become super exciting, especially when it goes all the way for a touchdown.

But then again, you have those scary plays like a pass back to Dalton where he could've lost his head trying to catch it. This should be a good season.
Reply/Quote
Don't care. Take the lead, control the clock, win.
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Only thing Hue is opening is his pie hole.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We're going to open it more?

Has he ever heard the story? Once it's open, it's open.
Reply/Quote
Quote:michaeljohnlee says:
Jul 29, 2015 12:59 PM
Hopefully he’s a better coordinator than mythology scholar

Yep
Reply/Quote
I'm happy that he is putting himself out there. Conservative is this team's (and town, for that matter) middle name and I would be thrilled to see Hue attack every inch of the field. The more you keep a defense guessing, the less effective said defense becomes.

I am excited to see what Hue can do this year with a full complement of weapons.
Reply/Quote
Until the offense surpasses 2013, we shouldn't speak badly about Gruden.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 01:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess it's a vague statement, but I thought the plan was to run run run run run run run with Hill.  I thought that is what we wanted?

Wrong. He's never said that.

It's amazing how these misconceptions start. Then people repeat it enough times and it becomes a fact in their minds.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 08:22 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Wrong. He's never said that.

It's amazing how these misconceptions start. Then people repeat it enough times and it becomes a fact in their minds.

I meant that more as what fans say we are going to do this year.  Then again, Bengals fans seem to think Hill, plus our WRs and 2 TEs are going to make NFL defenses simply give up.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 08:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Until the offense surpasses 2013, we shouldn't speak badly about Gruden.

ThumbsUp

When given a reasonable amount of talent without being completely inexperienced, Gruden led a respectable offense.

Bill O'Brien and Josh McDaniels wouldn't even have been able to lead a top offense with a squad that featured a very green Andy Dalton, mediocre Benson and BJGE, basically no TE2, and guys like Binns, Tate, Caldwell, Simpson, and Hawkins having to be near the top of the depth chart.

I think having a great WR1 and offensive line have been the only real constants in the positive department over the last 4 years on the offensive side of the ball. The team has done a great job of bringing in talent and developing it over the years, so Hue has very few excuses in 2015. This team SHOULD showcase one of the better offenses in the league, but until that happens, Gruden > Hue and it's hard to argue otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2015, 01:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess it's a vague statement, but I thought the plan was to run run run run run run run with Hill. I thought that is what we wanted? Hue sort of has a reputation for outsmarting himself and getting too cute with the play-calling, doesn't he?

With a QB that can surpass 4,000 yards and 30 Tds in a season there will be heavy dalton mixed in or else whats the point of having WRs... and using hill in that fashion whould end his career.

Basically hes saying if a defense can go without setting to hide things the offense can do similar.

or they could just go to the Hurry to the line offense then let the QB read the D from there PM style. having 2 good TEs would help add another wrinkle.

Really i just wanted to make the pinhead connection lol... Someone needs to make hue into pin head
Reply/Quote
I had no issues with Gruden he just believed in run off the pass. But then again lets remember he had BJGE. Hue has Hill.
Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-cAP6IVtliA0ATA3EZIL...SJSDgEPQSq]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote