Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why not give Carson a shot?
(09-14-2018, 06:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: They are saying two weeks so not too bad.

With our Dr's timeframe I'm pretty sure that translates to 2 seasons.
Reply/Quote
Carson has shown way more than Walton and deserves the shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 12:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Carson has shown way more than Walton and deserves the shot.

Yeah, Walton was bad.  I don't know where they each stand on the depth chart right now, but I'd be a bit surprised if Carson didn't get more carries than him in the next few games.  People want to point to his pass protection as a reason not to give him touches, yet he's been on the team longer than Walton.  I'd guess he's got a better handle on it than the rookie at this point.

Gio is terrific in both the run and pass games, but they need to have somebody to keep him from wearing down.  He's not big enough to take the beating of a full game of carries.  

I wonder if Brian Hill is on Atlanta's practice squad or active roster.  It would be nice to be able to snag him if he's on the PS.
Reply/Quote
If the online holds up gio has shown he can care the load as a full time back. I’m not worried.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 11:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Instead of who and why?

Instead of Walton....because Hill performed better than both Carson and Walton running behind the same OLs against the same Ds during the preseason. Performance should dictate roster spots and positions, not draft status. If that were the case, the bengals depth chart would read:

Mixon 
Bernard
Hill
Carson
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 02:15 PM)samhain Wrote: I wonder if Brian Hill is on Atlanta's practice squad or active roster.  It would be nice to be able to snag him if he's on the PS.

I am pretty sure Hill went to the active roster when one of their RBs got injured, but we could not pick him up unless we cut a guy we kept instead of him.  So that is not going to happen
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 04:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: Instead of Walton....because Hill performed better than both Carson and Walton running behind the same OLs against the same Ds during the preseason. Performance should dictate roster spots and positions, not draft status. If that were the case, the bengals depth chart would read:

Mixon 
Bernard
Hill
Carson

I would not have minded if they had kept Hill over Walton, but no other team thought enough of Hill to sign him to an active roster.  So I don't care one way or the other.  The coaches have seen a lot more of these guys than either of us.
Reply/Quote
Throw me in with those who thought this was a Carson Palmer thread. As for Tra Carson, I'm all for giving young guys a shot if the vet isn't cutting it. Gio has proven over and over again that he isn't a bell-cow type. He's closer to Eric Bieniemy than LeSean McCoy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 07:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Throw me in with those who thought this was a Carson Palmer thread. As for Tra Carson, I'm all for giving young guys a shot if the vet isn't cutting it. Gio has proven over and over again that he isn't a bell-cow type. He's closer to Eric Bieniemy than LeSean McCoy.
I'm sure it will be RBBC. 

Hell, for all we know, if he's healthy, maybe Walton gets some snaps.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think Gio and Carson can get us thru 2 games alright. Does it hurt with Mixon out ? no doubt

Others gotta step up
Reply/Quote
Since Bernard came into the league in 2013 Matt Forte and LeVeon Bell are the only other players with at least 2000 rushing yards and 2000 receiving yards.

Gio's 9.0 yards per reception is better than Forte and Bell's average and their yards per carry are almost identical (Bell 4.3, Bernard 4.2, Forte 4.1)

Bernard has just not had as many carries as either of them.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with Carson getting some carries along with Gio.
I was surprised they put Mixon back out there after his injury.
Gio was doing just fine during that time period.

Also, Gio needs more wheel routes. Please and thank you.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 07:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches have seen a lot more of these guys than either of us.

I agree with you. There must be something else because Hill clearly outplayed the other two.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 10:37 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Should have kept Brian Hill. Smack

Did Hill sign w/ another team ?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:53 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Did Hill sign w/ another team ?

Hill signed with Atlanta’s practice squad and was signed to the active roster last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:16 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Hill signed with Atlanta’s practice squad and was signed to the active roster last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't know why we didn't keep him on our PS. Good pickup by Atlanta. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:28 PM)magikod Wrote: I still don't know why we didn't keep him on our PS. Good pickup by Atlanta. 

Don't know if we offered him a spot, but he was free to sign with whatever team he wanted.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know if we offered him a spot, but he was free to sign with whatever team he wanted.

I don't think we offered a spot.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know if we offered him a spot, but he was free to sign with whatever team he wanted.

Let me see - team that went to a conference championship and team that missed the playoffs, which one should I go to?
Reply/Quote