Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass Rushers...
Wanted to start a thread about Pass Rushers in general we could go after in Free Agency, a few names already mentioned...

- Derek Wolfe DE
- Solomon Thomas DE
- Trey Hendrichson DE
- Sheldon Rankins DT 3-tech

Who are your guys? Lou specifically said we are looking at pass rushers in FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 09:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wanted to start a thread about Pass Rushers in general we could go after in Free Agency, a few names already mentioned...

- Derek Wolfe DE
- Solomon Thomas DE
- Trey Hendrichson DE

Is take a chance on Solomon Thomas. And would def sign Sheldon Rankins! As you know I would have already cut geno and signed Sheldon.
So I say sign them both but I’m still draft Basham jr and Milton Williams.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 09:45 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Is take a chance on Solomon Thomas.  And would def sign Sheldon Rankins!  As you know I would have already cut geno and signed Sheldon.  

Would be extremely happy with a Solomon Thomas/Sheldon Rankins FA to go with a couple OL.

Boogie Basham is my favorite End in the 2nd if he falls to us.

I think we might see a Geno cut happening soon, needs to be done but will always live on in Bengal infamy...

Geno was the best 3-tech in the NFL at one time and Aaron Donald said he was his favorite player when he was at ND.
Reply/Quote
I would be interested in Romeo Okwara or Leonard Floyd.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 09:59 PM)Burma Wrote: I would be interested in Romeo Okwara or Leonard Floyd.

Man meeeeee toooo
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 09:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be extremely happy with a Solomon Thomas/Sheldon Rankins FA to go with a couple OL.

I think we might see a Geno cut happening soon, needs to be done but will always live on in Bengal infamy...

Geno was the best 3-tech in the NFL at one time and Aaron Donald said he was his favorite player when he was at ND.

Basham please in the second. Gimme a tackle in the first. Gimme escridge in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 09:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be extremely happy with a Solomon Thomas/Sheldon Rankins FA to go with a couple OL.

Basham please in the second. Gimme a tackle in the first. Gimme escridge in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 09:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wanted to start a thread about Pass Rushers in general we could go after in Free Agency, a few names already mentioned...

- Derek Wolfe DE
- Solomon Thomas DE
- Trey Hendrichson DE

Is take a chance on Solomon Thomas. And would def sign Sheldon Rankins! As you know I would have already cut geno and signed Sheldon.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 10:26 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Basham please in the second.  Gimme a tackle in the first.  Gimme escridge in the 3rd.

Eskridge won't make it to the 3rd IMO but if he does we need to consider it.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Bengals are going to be super active in free agency but I guy I could see them going after is a Vic Beasley as an Edge in the second phase of free agency.
His D-Line coach at Clemson is now our Defensive Line coach here. Plus he would be reunited with Reader.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Carl Lawson has 20 sacks over four years as a pro.  Deatrich Wise has 14.  I'd go get him.
Reply/Quote
Shaq Barrett. Oh wait...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 12:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shaq Barrett. Oh wait...

1 out of 32 got him.  1 out of 32 got close but didn't seal the deal.  Who cares.  He'll probably get popped for steroids or something.  
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 09:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wanted to start a thread about Pass Rushers in general we could go after in Free Agency, a few names already mentioned...

- Derek Wolfe DE
- Solomon Thomas DE
- Trey Hendrichson DE

Option 5: Takkarist McKinley

Still a 1st round letdown like Thomas, but has shown at least a little more than him. An okay player rather than a bad one.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 12:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Option 5: Takkarist McKinley

Still a 1st round letdown like Thomas, but has shown at least a little more than him. An okay player rather than a bad one.

We already claimed McKinley last year and he couldn't pass a physicalThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 12:50 AM)pulses Wrote: We already claimed McKinley last year and he couldn't pass a physicalThumbsUp

Sure, and that turned out to be the right call then, but it's been a year. Presumably he's healed from whatever it was that was wrong.

(Assuming it's not some kind of degenerative thing.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 01:49 AM)J24 Wrote: I don't think the Bengals are going to be super active in free agency but I guy I could see them going after is a Vic Beasley as an Edge in the second phase of free agency.
His D-Line coach at Clemson is now our Defensive Line coach here. Plus he would be reunited with Reader.

Beasley would be cheap but man, he just hasn't looked good the last couple of years. Even got cut after playing us cause he was 
so bad against OUR O-line! He was great one year though and maybe Hobby could bring him back to relevance you never know.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Beasley would be cheap but man, he just hasn't looked good the last couple of years. Even got cut after playing us cause he was 
so bad against OUR O-line! He was great one year though and maybe Hobby could bring him back to relevance you never know.

Two years ago he had 8 sacks, 8 TFLs, and 12 QB hits. If we can get that production from him as a nickel Edge I would be ecstatic. Assuming we tag Lawson in the off-season a Hubbard, Lawson, and Beasley trio at edge isn't that bad of an idea.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2021, 04:47 PM)J24 Wrote: Two years ago he had 8 sacks, 8 TFLs, and 12 QB hits. If we can get that production from him as a nickel Edge I would be ecstatic. Assuming we tag Lawson in the off-season a Hubbard, Lawson, and Beasley trio at edge isn't that bad of an idea.

That is pretty good, surprised he fell off so much last year, injury maybe?

Beasley while adding a player like Boogie Basham in the Draft would be awesome.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind the Bengals kicking the tires on Haason Reddick. Maybe not a 3 down guy, but I think he could replace lot of what Lawson does and should be cheaper.
Reply/Quote