Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Pass blocking
Pollack group 5 sacks looked like last year ..thank god for Mixon on a mission and undisciplined Zimmer team. Let's hope wehet blocking better with a better defense coming up in Chicago
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Most of the pressure was on miss communication whoch will clear up with more snaps the offensive front played well.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Most of the pressure was on miss communication whoch will clear up with more snaps the offensive front played well.

We had communication  issues . last yr. 5 sacks is just not  acceptable but predictable 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Most of the pressure was on miss communication whoch will clear up with more snaps the offensive front played well.

I had two on HB’s.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: I had two on HB’s.

I had 2 on Center 2 on Hback and 1 on TE and the one on TE was a coverage sack.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: I had two on HB’s.

And 2 on Hopkins, who is coming off injury. Plenty of time for improvement, and the Vikings are no joke. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:57 PM)bengaloo Wrote: And 2 on Hopkins, who is coming off injury. Plenty of time for improvement, and the Vikings are no joke. 

Correct 3 of their 4 down linemen are elite players. I am sure it’ll be better against worse units and with better communication.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:56 PM)Synric Wrote: I had 2 on Center 2 on Hback and 1 on TE and the one on TE was a coverage sack.

No clue how he ended up on Hunter…that shouldn’t happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: No clue how he ended up on Hunter…that shouldn’t happen.

He also had Perine chipping, but it looked like he whiffed also...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: No clue how he ended up on Hunter…that shouldn’t happen.

It was an inside blitz and they went inside out. The hot read was covered and Burrow double clutched it. Sample should have done a better job but in that situation it's one of those it is what it is things.

Reply/Quote

Yep. Outside of Hopkins the OL played very well.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:57 PM)bengaloo Wrote: And 2 on Hopkins, who is coming off injury. Plenty of time for improvement, and the Vikings are no joke. 

Hopkins looked really bad today.

Honestly I amazed that an O-lineman who tore an ACL in January is back in the starting lineup for opening day.  Hopefully he will get stronger as the season progresses.  But he just got tossed on one of those sacks.
Reply/Quote
I know there were several plays where defenders were not blocked at all.
Reply/Quote
I could have sworn we were told it would be completely pointless to take a deep threat at WR because the OL would never give Joe enough time to hit anything deep…

Anyway, it’s ridiculous to shit on Pollack after a game like this. Overall his unit (outside one guy coming off serious injury) played well.

You don’t have both a WR & a RB go off for 100+ each without at least decent OL play.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hopkins looked really bad today.

Honestly I amazed that an O-lineman who tore an ACL in January is back in the starting lineup for opening day.  Hopefully he will get stronger as the season progresses.  But he just got tossed on one of those sacks.

Which begs the question - why didn’t they sign a good center in free agency.
Burrow is not fully recovered. He is very ( and understandably) immobile. He will get seriously hurt again this year because of lack of investment in o line.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:11 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Which begs the question - why didn’t they sign a good center in free agency.
Burrow is not fully recovered. He is very ( and understandably) immobile. He will get seriously hurt again this year because of lack of investment in o line.

If Hopkins is juts starting slow there was no reason to replace him.  Since you claim BUrrow is not 100% should we have signed  QB to start this year until he got better?

And pllease tell me who we could have signed that would have mad sure Burrow was never sacked or hit this year.
Reply/Quote
Outside of Hopkins, I felt our line held up today. I was livid on that sack where they had Hunter lined up on Sample. Didn’t they have some “derp” plays like that last year with him being expected to single up an elite pass rusher and it ending badly? Was that a missed line call? Did Joe audible there and the adjustment wasn’t made? Or was that another Classic Zac moment there?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:11 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Which begs the question - why didn’t they sign a good center in free agency.

Uh…wut? His mobility is fine. He made a huge play early on where he scrambled and avoided a sack.

Reply/Quote
Perine looked lost a few times in attempting to block. From Gio to a guy his size, it really is a strange thing.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:14 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Outside of Hopkins, I felt our line held up today. I was livid on that sack where they had Hunter lined up on Sample. Didn’t they have some “derp” plays like that last year with him being expected to single up an elite pass rusher and it ending badly? Was that a missed line call? Did Joe audible there and the adjustment wasn’t made? Or was that another Classic Zac moment there?

Some one missed a call.  Don't know if it was Joe or a RB who who should have had help.  But things like that have to be cleaned up.
Reply/Quote