Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass rush
(09-19-2022, 12:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The somehow managed to hold the only team in the NFL that didn't score a td last week to 2 tds with a backup qb.

Great job defense!

I think you're going overboard a bit, but this is true.  Man the Cowboys did score 3 points last week and look like an 0-17 team.  Add in that my Steeler fan pals spent all of today going on about how miserable it is to watch Trubisky play ultra safe and ultra crap offense, and well...our defense should look damn good right now.

Joe Flacco throwing for 307 yards and 4 TDs today with 0 INTs is a lot more daunting than I thought it would be yesterday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only 20 points? They were playing a team that didn’t even score a TD week 1, with a backup QB in. Brown and Lamb combined for 166 yds. And Pollard killed us in the screen game.

The defense was entirely mediocre today. And you’re lying if you say you didn’t see Dallas driving down the field to setup that game winning FG coming.

In the defense of the Defense. Dallas only had to go 30 yards to be in field goal position.  I mean thats pretty easy to do for any offense to do in Today's NFL.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nate jinx'd Trey this week. Mellow

Wish these fools would stop doing that. :gah:

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:28 AM)J24 Wrote: In the defense of the Defense. Dallas only had to go 30 yards to be in field goal position.  I mean thats pretty easy to do for any offense to do in Today's NFL.

True...and add in that the defense in week 1 had to deal with 5 turnovers and things look rosier for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Frank has to suck off the defense, because it fits his narrative that the OL is the one and only problem with this team.

Personally I’m a little concerned that our CB2 is complete trash, our pass rush is non-existent, and our “elite safety” is MIA unless he’s getting burned for TD’s.

you're overreacting. The secondary is fine. Not great, but fine. The run defense is great. The pass rush sucks, and it's hurting the secondary

use your brain. Allowing 18 ppg through 2 games is very good. 

If I told you before the season that the defense will allow 18 ppg through the first 2 games, you would take that in a heartbeat

the number 1 problems are offense and coaching. The defense is the bright spot thus far

but PLEASE keep menstrating and crying l
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:25 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: irrelevant. Bengals held dallas to 3 points in the 2nd half with no pass rush.

the defense is the least of this teams concerns right now. Offense and coaching are the main problems. The pass rush is definitely a problem though

defense is currently allowing 18ppg. Thats very good.

WE’VE PLAYED TWO STRAIGHT BACKUP QB’S

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:28 AM)J24 Wrote: In the defense of the Defense. Dallas only had to go 30 yards to be in field goal position.  I mean thats pretty easy to do for any offense to do in Today's NFL.

logic doesnt matter to some people in here. Good post. Offense couldnt move the ball and gave dallas great field position

but no, they ignore that and claim the defense sucks
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WE’VE PLAYED TWO STRAIGHT BACKUP QB’S

Precisely. Bad olines too. Very little pass rush.
Reply/Quote

WHO IS PITTSBURGH'S STARTER?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Except for ours apparently.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely. Bad olines too. Very little pass rush.

pass rush is the problem. Bad pass rush leads to receivers getting open downfield

Nicomo doesnt understand. Too emotional. Its past his bed time
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: WHO IS PITTSBURGH'S STARTER?

The guy who was Buffalo’s backup QB last year.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The guy who was Buffalo’s backup QB last year.

And the Bear's starter 4 years prior to that..and this year's Steeler's starting QB.

We have not played Backup QBs the last two weeks. regardless if you assert so in Cap Locks

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:29 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: you're overreacting. The secondary is fine. Not great, but fine. The run defense is great. The pass rush sucks, and it's hurting the secondary

use your brain. Allowing 18 ppg through 2 games is very good. 

If I told you before the season that the defense will allow 18 ppg through the first 2 games, you would take that in a heartbeat

the number 1 problems are offense and coaching. The defense is the bright spot thus far

but PLEASE keep menstrating and crying l

Don’t worry Frank, I’m sure a girl will let you touch her someday. You won’t hate them forever.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Don’t worry Frank, I’m sure a girl will let you touch her someday. You won’t hate them forever.

wow you're really touchy tonight. Claiming im sucking off the defense, and then saying some other weird shit

quit crying and go to bed
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Don’t worry Frank, I’m sure a girl will let you touch her someday. You won’t hate them forever.

wow you really triggered. calm down an take a breath buddy
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And the Bear's starter 4 years prior to that..and this year's Steeler's starting QB.

We have not played Backup QBs the last two weeks. regardless if you assert so in Cap Locks

Ok we lost to a backup, and a guy that was a backup last year, and who’s on his 3rd team in 3 years.

I feel much better now that we’ve made that distinction.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok we lost to a backup, and a guy that was a backup last year, and who’s on his 3rd team in 3 years.

I feel much better now that we’ve made that distinction.

IDC how you feel. I just thought it was important to get the facts straight. Especially if you're going to go ALL CAPS

Reply/Quote

when you compare what defense done this year so far vs what offense has done, it aint no comparison. at least the defense has looked compitent an given the offense chances to come back after the crapped the bed for most of both games. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:17 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: The secondary were sloppy today we should have had at least 2 maybe 3 picks.

I don’t think Trey is fully fit with his back and if he’s off then we have no chance of getting through, we need to get Ossai in for far more snaps to see what the kid can do at this point what do we have to lose?

Same with Dax.

Reports out of camp for over a month was how good Hendrickson looked and how much he was dominating. Obviously that was just because Williams has been absolute trash.
Reply/Quote