Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass rush
(09-19-2022, 01:09 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: telling someone they're being ignorant is not name calling

you're grasping for straws, sonny. You're the one calling people names here. You. 

now go home and get your shinebox

Yeah…you’re going back on ignore. Should have never taken you off in the first place.

Have a good life, Frank.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Threw two games we have 2 sacks and 10 QB hits= a 17 game pace of 17 Sacks and 85 Qb Hits. Which by last year standards would mean we would be dead last in Sacks and 25th in QB hits.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

And the scary thing is we’ve played 2 bad OL’s…

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need to get Auden Tate the ball more too.  Tiger

We just need to get anybody the ball. As far as the D goes, if our opponent doesn't run or throw the ball we will be just fine. :)
Reply/Quote
Hold on... is this thread shitting on the defense that had to deal with Burrow chucking 4 picks in week 1 and playing like utter trash yet still with their play the team had a chance to win that game??

Nope...

Just nope.

Lack of sacks doesn't look great, but the defense is not the issue right now. The OL (again...), the playcalling (which is hampered by the OL) and the QB just not being on are the reason this team is 0-2. That's it.

The defense did more then enough to win week 1.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:09 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hold on... is this thread shitting on the defense that had to deal with Burrow chucking 4 picks in week 1 and playing like utter trash yet still with their play the team had a chance to win that game??

Nope...

Just nope.

Lack of sacks doesn't look great, but the defense is not the issue right now. The OL (again...), the playcalling (which is hampered by the OL) and the QB just not being on are the reason this team is 0-2. That's it.

The defense did more then enough to win week 1.

They did. But not in week 2. They were shit right from the opening kickoff. 2 straight TD drives by a backup QB is inexcusable.

If we want to assign blame by percentages the QB, OL, and play calling are all higher, but the defense doesn’t get off scot free.

Plenty of blame to go around in this one.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Joe Ossai looked good during the 2021 Preseason...

For one half and he sacked the GOAT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:17 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: they had a bad game but this secondary in general is good. The defense played very good today, and it wasnt because of the pass rush

you know what, the secondary was alright today. Mike Hilton was making plays. Defense only let up 20 points, and only 3 in the 2nd half

Dallas scored only 3 points the week before against Tampa Bay. And they had lost Prescott in the meanwhile and were playing a backup. I think we are being overly generous to say the defense played very good today. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:28 AM)J24 Wrote: In the defense of the Defense. Dallas only had to go 30 yards to be in field goal position.  I mean thats pretty easy to do for any offense to do in Today's NFL.

Except the bengals who went 3 and out on their last possession with the game tied.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:03 AM)J24 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Andrew_Russell7/status/1571687921857744897?t=r17tx37CM6dbXWiIlD-CBw&s=19

We're bottom in pass rush so far this year. It's a growing concern that isn't being talked about enough.

Just a basic observation thus far and I don't have numbers to back it up, but it seems like the two games thus far have seen a lot more than four guys rushing Burrow and the Bengals have not been able to take advantage of it.  

Conversely, I rarely if ever see the Bengals blitz and generate much pressure with the front four.  The back end is asked to cover too long and they get burned (by a backup MAC QB). 

It is also the most frustrating thing to watch happen over and over again.  Demotivating for the team as well.  

Solution?  Hell if I know, but I would sure consider sending guys like Bell, Hilton, or even Apple on occasion and go more maximum protection with two TEs until they are able to sustain drives and force the opponent to adapt. 

Right now, it seems like they are stubbornly saying "We have Burrow, he will find the weakness", but he simply can't on most plays with six guys rushing the passer and getting pummeled every other snap.  

Just like coaches say "You have to earn the right to rush the passer" by getting in the right down and distance, but you should also have to earn the right to go empty by having the opponent back off their pass rush before you can take deep shots.  More intermediate and quick passes to force the defense to chase and tackle.  I watch Allen, Brady, Mahommes, etc. do this week after week.  It almost always starts with short passes on rubs and crossing routes to get some quick completions and slow a pass rush.  Nope, not here.  We would rather see our QB diagnose in 1.3 seconds and get hit every time he drops back.  Stupid AF.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:17 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: The secondary were sloppy today we should have had at least 2 maybe 3 picks.

I don’t think Trey is fully fit with his back and if he’s off then we have no chance of getting through, we need to get Ossai in for far more snaps to see what the kid can do at this point what do we have to lose?

Same with Dax.

Teams like the Chargers go out and sign guys like Mack, JC Jackson and make good high draft picks that get used (Zion Johnson, Slater)
Meanwhile this team has barely played a rookie and i have yet to see Dax see the field.
Last yrs passrush seems to be fools gold right now. Trey cant get anything going VS no name Tackles and we really have nothing on bench that looks serviceable to provide a punch. They never seemed to value these edge guys like other teams. Im tired of hearing the "guy can play multiple spots!"  I want a guy to come in and frickin wreck a game with the rush like Parsons, Mack, Bosa, Watt etc. 

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They practiced against even worse last year and the pass rush was downright dominant in many games.

We’re really missing Ogunjobi, and Hendrickson is not getting home.

I brought this up during the off-season and everyone told me to shut up and that Zachary Carter was going to kill it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Yuuup.

Hendrickson is playing 90% of the snaps right now and played 68% last year.
Hubbard is playing 92% and played 83% last year.
Hill is playing 85% and played 47% last year.

There are 26 individual players with as many or more sacks as the Bengals Team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Huge problem right now. I’m extremely disappointed in Hendrickson who has put up two goose eggs against a 4th round rookie LT, and a backup LT so far.

We totally overrated Ossai based off one preseason game.

Hubbard has been our best pass rusher, imo. And that’s not a good thing.

My bad, I take the blame. I thought Hendrickson would have at least a good game against the Cowboys and their LT...

I gave the KOD as Rfaulk said. I won't do that no more. Mellow
Reply/Quote
We're not rotating players and (as usual for the Bengals) we rarely use twists, stunts or anything even remotely complex. Like the vanilla offense we play a vanilla defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 07:31 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: For one half and he sacked the GOAT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait...it's ridiculous that teams sit all their starters in preseason. But, an NFL Team actually played a goat at QB? And Ossai sacked it? I can't believe PETA didn't protest!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:24 AM)Nepa Wrote: Dallas scored only 3 points the week before against Tampa Bay. And they had lost Prescott in the meanwhile and were playing a backup. I think we are being overly generous to say the defense played very good today. 

Don't worry...but the time people realize our defense bad, our offense will be playing well...and we'll be losing 34-30 instead of 20-17.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My bad, I take the blame. I thought Hendrickson would have at least a good game against the Cowboys and their LT...

I gave the KOD as Rfaulk said. I won't do that no more. Mellow
Shame!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just a basic observation thus far and I don't have numbers to back it up, but it seems like the two games thus far have seen a lot more than four guys rushing Burrow and the Bengals have not been able to take advantage of it.  

Conversely, I rarely if ever see the Bengals blitz and generate much pressure with the front four.  The back end is asked to cover too long and they get burned (by a backup MAC QB). 

It is also the most frustrating thing to watch happen over and over again.  Demotivating for the team as well.  

Solution?  Hell if I know, but I would sure consider sending guys like Bell, Hilton, or even Apple on occasion and go more maximum protection with two TEs until they are able to sustain drives and force the opponent to adapt. 

Right now, it seems like they are stubbornly saying "We have Burrow, he will find the weakness", but he simply can't on most plays with six guys rushing the passer and getting pummeled every other snap.  

Just like coaches say "You have to earn the right to rush the passer" by getting in the right down and distance, but you should also have to earn the right to go empty by having the opponent back off their pass rush before you can take deep shots.  More intermediate and quick passes to force the defense to chase and tackle.  I watch Allen, Brady, Mahommes, etc. do this week after week.  It almost always starts with short passes on rubs and crossing routes to get some quick completions and slow a pass rush.  Nope, not here.  We would rather see our QB diagnose in 1.3 seconds and get hit every time he drops back.  Stupid AF.  

I agree with your observations. Although, the Cowboys rushed 3-4 at times and got some pressure too at times.
Reply/Quote