Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass rush going forward...
Gotta figure something out, because at times Carr had ALL DAY to throw. Keep allowing that and playoff caliber QB's will pick you apart.
Reply/Quote
So far it seems like we'll have everyone but Larry O back. Obviously we are going to need to use disguises and stuff to help our DL generate pressure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope that anemic pass rush was due mostly to guys missing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:12 AM)Joelist Wrote: So far it seems like we'll have everyone but Larry O back. Obviously we are going to need to use disguises and stuff to help our DL generate pressure.

What are you basing that on?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I hope that anemic pass rush was due mostly to guys missing.

Didn't we have 2 sacks in the first quarter, when we were at mostly full strength?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:20 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Didn't we have 2 sacks in the first quarter, when we were at mostly full strength?

We had three sacks total. One in the fourth so I guess we could have had two in the first. Can’t remember when the middle one occurred.

Edit: Oh yeah goalline. That was the first qtr.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:16 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: What are you basing that on?

Lapham on his postgame show. 
Reply/Quote
Need to pray for Hendrickson and Daniels.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The DL was gassed in the 4th qtr! There wasn't anyone to spell anyone. Reader and Hill was out there giving everything they had left on the tank.
Reply/Quote
If Be Erickson can go then they should be OK
(Also the Raiders LT is very good)

Sorry to see Larry O carted off
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I hope that anemic pass rush was due mostly to guys missing.

Anemic is a bit rich when in spite of the injuries they got 3 sacks, 6 qb hits (i think) and the strip sack to boot....yea, anemic ain't it.  Came down a notch without 91, that's all.  What's Khalid Kareem doin anyway?
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Losing Larry O really hurt us.
Doubt he comes back this season, but you never know.

Hendrickson and Daniels I'm hoping come back! Def Hendrickson, huge difference when he wasn't on the field after he got hurt.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Could Taopu be ready by next week?
Reply/Quote
I hope Trey can bounce back quick from his concussion. We generate so little pressure without him. Still a good run stopping DL so that will help vs Tenn, but getting Hendrickson back is huge.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:37 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Could Taopu be ready by next week?

We could really use him, especially with the Titans running attack.

(01-16-2022, 06:01 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I hope Trey can bounce back quick from his concussion.  We generate so little pressure without him.  Still a good run stopping DL so that will help vs Tenn, but getting Hendrickson back is huge.

I think Trey should  be able to go next week, but I'm no doctor. 
Like you said we couldn't generate jack-squat really without him being on the field.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Trey is a beast - but even w him, Carr did pretty well.

Can’t imagine what MaHomes and Allen would have done.

If we don’t get Trey back AND ramp up this D, we are in trouble.
Reply/Quote
It is really hard to grade the DL performance in the 2nd half after it was decimated by injuries but before 3 guys were injured they were playing at a high level. Considering the conditions in the 4th quarter those remaining guys played their butts off!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:08 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Gotta figure something out, because at times Carr had ALL DAY to throw.  Keep allowing that and playoff caliber QB's will pick you apart.

A couple options that might help:
Sign Shaq Lawson as a backup DE.
See if Atkins can pass a medical. Would be great to have him on the interior rotating with Hill and Reader.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:51 AM)magikod Wrote: We could really use him, especially with the Titans running attack.

I think Trey should  be able to go next week, but I'm no doctor. 
Like you said we couldn't generate jack-squat really without him being on the field.

Aww..c'mon man! Tell us that you at least play a doctor on TV!  "Calling doctor magikod, patient needs doctoring in room 666!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:00 AM)ochocincos Wrote: A couple options that might help:
Sign Shaq Lawson as a backup DE.
See if Atkins can pass a medical. Would be great to have him on the interior rotating with Hill and Reader.

I would've really loved if they had signed Atkins like a month ago and tried to get him in game shape to play in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote