Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pat Sims close to signing?
(03-16-2016, 04:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: You need to remember that in our defense we use a two gap DT (a NT) next to a one gap DT (penetrator). Sims rotates into the NT spot with Peko. Where we need help is someone to rotate with Geno. 

Hardison I hope.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would love that myself. We get a stud DT next to Geno and look the **** out people!

We can get a speedy WR in the 2nd. BPA here and if a top 15 pick falls to us you take him.

Just like if a top receiver fell to us you take him and then go with a DT in the 2nd.

Lot of great DT's in this draft and i would absolutely go spit if we don't draft one some time.

So what your saying is... Take the best player available when we draft.   Hilarious

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This isn't a signing anyone should be against. What's he getting like the minimum? Signing him and having Williams won't prevent them from drafting a DT. He's a wide body vs the run, has experience in the system and is a nice guy to call at home mid season if he doesn't make the 53.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hardison I hope.

Hardison will be a beast this year. I can't wait! 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 02:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think if one of the Alabama DT's fall they will choose them.    

Although if Treadwell or Coleman somehow makes it down to them I hope they take them.

I also like Billings if he is there.

But yeah, if one of those 2 receivers falls to 24 i doubt they pass on either, especially Coleman.

(03-16-2016, 04:16 PM)Okeana Wrote: im going to laugh so hard when all you first round DT guys cry like babies when they don't draft one.  Peko is going no where this year and im glad sims is back for another round; the team always plays better when he's on it.  that dude said keep pat sims / draftee / draftee  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Why laugh? I don't think we HAVE to get a DT in the first round or anything. I would be for it big time though.

Another stud DT and our entire Defense will be that much better.

BPA is the way we need to go about it.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 02:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think if one of the Alabama DT's fall they will choose them.    

Although if Treadwell or Coleman somehow makes it down to them I hope they take them.

I'm higher on fuller than I am coleman. Unless they bring in a vet WR, or the top 4 guys are gone, they are drafting a WR in the first. Hope to land fuller in the first, then a DT in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 09:49 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: I'm higher on fuller than I am coleman. Unless they bring in a vet WR, or the top 4 guys are gone, they are drafting a WR in the first. Hope to land fuller in the first, then a DT in round 2.

Why i might ask?

Coleman is the much better polished receiver.

I like Fuller don't get me wrong but i find Coleman to be the best Receiver in this Draft. He runs routes, plays
fast, has great hands and goes up for the ball. He might not have the size but he will be great at the next level
IMO. Reminds me of Steve Smith Sr but a little bigger and in his prime.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 09:49 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: I'm higher on fuller than I am coleman. Unless they bring in a vet WR, or the top 4 guys are gone, they are drafting a WR in the first. Hope to land fuller in the first, then a DT in round 2.

(03-16-2016, 09:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why i might ask?

Coleman is the much better polished receiver.

I like Fuller don't get me wrong but i find Coleman to be the best Receiver in this Draft. He runs routes, plays
fast, has great hands and goes up for the ball. He might not have the size but he will be great at the next level
IMO. Reminds me of Steve Smith Sr but a little bigger and in his prime.

I quoted both cause it's all the same convo.   I like fuller but his hands are suspect.   He reminds me of the Ohio St WR the jets took.   Coleman to me seems to have the higher upside.    Doctson is cool too but I wonder about his speed....  I do think he will go get the ball similar to Treadwell.

My WR choice would be:
1. Treadwell
2. Coleman
3. Doctson
4. Fuller

I also like Thomas later. I wonder how much he can improve. Maybe he is similar to Sanu where is close to tapped out.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 04:16 PM)Okeana Wrote: im going to laugh so hard when all you first round DT guys cry like babies when they don't draft one.  Peko is going no where this year and im glad sims is back for another round; the team always plays better when he's on it.  that dude said keep pat sims / draftee / draftee  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Well, that's just a f***ing stupid thing to laugh about.

[Image: tumblr_mrgvqzqD8y1sxo5fgo1_500.gif]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 09:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I quoted both cause it's all the same convo.   I like fuller but his hands are suspect.   He reminds me of the Ohio St WR the jets took.   Coleman to me seems to have the higher upside.    Doctson is cool too but I wonder about his speed....  I do think he will go get the ball similar to Treadwell.

My WR choice would be:  
1. Treadwell
2. Coleman
3. Doctson
4. Fuller

I also like Thomas later.   I wonder how much he can improve.   Maybe he is similar to Sanu where is close to tapped out.

Devon Smith? Yeah, i see that comparison.

Coleman just has that will, you know what i am saying. I think he will be great and if we could get a guy
like that lined up across Green i think it could be the best duo in the league a few years down the line.

Treadwell and Doctson are great at going up for the ball and i would definately be for either. I just think
a speedster is needed in our WR core right now and Coleman is that with sure hands.

Coleman's still my guy StLucieBengal.
Reply/Quote