Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Patrick Mahomes update
(01-25-2023, 03:35 PM)Whacked Wrote: Wellllll CRAP

Not good

I've read that too, but his plant foot is a whole different animal. Patrick's a God, I'm just thinking Burrow may be closer to a God Sunday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:11 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Mahomes on practice field.

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1618329978516697088?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Okay, Mahomes looks very good on the practice field. What a quick recovery from Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: Okay, Mahomes looks very good on the practice field. What a quick recovery from Sunday.

I would not say good, he was very timid with his jog.. the key is going to be putting weight and real movement.. with that said, he is on the field which does indicate he will be at least playing but very likely will have some limitations on sunday
Reply/Quote
Mahomes is fine. Don't worry people, Bengals will be ready for Mahomes, chiefs, weather. whatever. This is going to be a brutal game.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would not say good, he was very timid with his jog.. the key is going to be putting weight and real movement.. with that said, he is on the field which does indicate he will be at least playing but very likely will have some limitations on sunday

Well, if I didn't see Mahomes limping so bad last Sunday, and hadn't been told he had a high ankle sprain, and I only saw that video, then I would think nothing was wrong with him. I think I expected to see something more like Cappa, who was videotaped today in a walking boot.

Interesting that such video can get out. You would think the Chiefs would have a big advantage by hiding Mahomes progress. 

Edit: Apparently there is now a report from Ben Baby of Cappa in the locker room without the walking boot.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:17 PM)Nepa Wrote: Okay, Mahomes looks very good on the practice field. What a quick recovery from Sunday.

I want to see him plant and cut on that ankle before i say "looks very good". He looked very tentative to me!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: As crazy as it sounds, I'd rather the team face Mahomes then Henne! You know how backups do us.

I want to face Mahomes just because I want to beat them at their best. I dont want to hear B.S like with the Ravens fans "We would have won 
if we had Lamar "

Lamar in that game 19-32 174yds 1td 1int  12 rush 58 yards
Huntley in playoff game 17-29 226 yards 2td 1 int  9rush 54 yds

It isnt like Lamar was going to play any better than Huntley did.

Bring on Mahomes win or lose. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote

He is pulling a Rottenburger lol
Remember in the 2015 playoff game when he had to be carried off field?
Jeremy Hill fumbles and all the sudden he runs his ass back out there and wins the game,

Faker!
Reply/Quote
Big Ben would have said in the presser after the win that his ankle was actually amputated and sewed back on at half time.... That guy.... He even had Tomlin rolling his eyes when hearing his injury updates.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think the Chiefs are doing a really, really good job of trying to convince people Mahomes ankle isn't an issue.

It's 100% still bothering him and it will 100% be an issue for him Sunday - they just don't want anyone else or the Bengals to think it is.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think the Chiefs are doing a really, really good job of trying to convince people Mahomes ankle isn't an issue.

It's 100% still bothering him and it will 100% be an issue for him Sunday - they just don't want anyone else or the Bengals to think it is.

Mahomes can ball out so even if he's not mobile I feel like his ankle will only become an issue if he needs to avoid pressure and extend plays.  I don't think it's gonna matter as much as we hope it does, sadly.  Not that I want him to be hurt...i just think his ankle will end up being a non issue.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would not say good, he was very timid with his jog.. the key is going to be putting weight and real movement.. with that said, he is on the field which does indicate he will be at least playing but very likely will have some limitations on sunday

Exactly. HUGE difference between game speed and doing the light jog he is doing there. 

I hoenstly think the Chiefs want the Bengals to believe he is completely fine so they don't game plan pressuring him with blitzs as much. 
Reply/Quote
The lad will be off his tits and is only able to manage a gentle jog.

Come Sunday when he’s got Trey and Sam breathing down his neck and he’s scrambling around I think it will be a very different Mahomes.

Prepare for him at his best anything else is a bonus.

We win by 4 if he’s healthy by 13 if he’s limp.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:33 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: I want to face Mahomes just because I want to beat them at their best. I dont want to hear B.S like with the Ravens fans "We would have won 
if we had Lamar "

Lamar in that game 19-32 174yds 1td 1int  12 rush 58 yards
Huntley in playoff game 17-29 226 yards 2td 1 int  9rush 54 yds

It isnt like Lamar was going to play any better than Huntley did.

Bring on Mahomes win or lose. Who Dey!

I would disagree. I am not remembering anything off the top of my head in the passing game but there were 100% running plays that Huntley couldn't make where Lamar would have. That long run to put the Ravens at the goalline by Huntley? Lamar scores there if he has that kind of room. There was another play early on where Huntley was caught by Hubbard or Hendrickson, can't remember which. It was short of a first down, but Lamar would have converted there. 

I have no idea if the Bengals would have lost if Lamar played, but that game was close enough that I am glad we don't have to find out. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Exactly. HUGE difference between game speed and doing the light jog he is doing there. 

I hoenstly think the Chiefs want the Bengals to believe he is completely fine so they don't game plan pressuring him with blitzs as much. 

They must think we are not very smart… of course you pressure him and test his mobility/stability.
Reply/Quote
First defensive play call:

Mike Hilton vibe-check on Patty

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If I’m Lou (and I’m not) I have to think the plan is to blanket Kelce, bring pressure and put your secondary on an island and force mahomes to prove he has the accuracy and force needed to beat you.

Also, maybe most importantly, stop the run.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 06:03 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: They must think we are not very smart… of course you pressure him and test his mobility/stability.

Jacksonville didn't do it in the second half at all. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:12 PM)jj22 Wrote:  

It's giving Big Ben; broke leg, busted knee, just to return and run for 35 yard gain on next play....... He was trying to play hero vs Jags.

In the mean time a real high ankle sprain looks like this two weeks later.

I like how the tweet mentions limping in a boot. I'm not a medical professional but I do know that even perfectly healthy people limp while wearing a boot it's a weight thing lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I don't care who's at QB or what condition they're in.

They have to play us.

It feels good to be the guys everyone is scared of for once.
Reply/Quote