Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Patrick Mahomes update
Some of these comments on this topic are hilarious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 07:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: That was quite an extensive analysis. I'm starting to think Mahomes injury was not actually a high ankle sprain, but another ankle injury, as pointed out in the post. He was a full participant in practice today. Not even "limited in practice."

But at least with all the coverage, the Bengals also won't be fooled.

Hmmmmm... I heard him maje a statement today that his practice was a full day if getting therapy and then mental work with the game plan. I guess he could fully participate in that. Reid is playing games with the injury report. Think about it, even if he plans on playing, he is not going to aggravate that ankle with a physical practice.
Reply/Quote

Mahomes today at practice starts at 7:24
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 10:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: Mahomes today at practice starts at 7:24

Rich Eisen was right on the fact that Romo will be the first one to pick up on Mahomes' situation on Sunday night. I guess that will be one good point about Romo and his ability to focus in on QBs and the plays they will be running.  We should get some good analysis right off the bat. Although if Mahomes is fine, then everyone may be sick of the topic five minutes into the game, but the analysis may continue all game!  Lou Anarumo, of course, will be able to call plays to really figure out where Mahomes is at.

Wow. So much focus on Mahomes' ankle. I guess we'll get an idea how he is doing simply by seeing how the betting money moves during this week.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 10:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: Rich Eisen was right on the fact that Romo will be the first one to pick up on Mahomes' situation on Sunday night. I guess that will be one good point about Romo and his ability to focus in on QBs and the plays they will be running.  We should get some good analysis right off the bat. Although if Mahomes is fine, then everyone may be sick of the topic five minutes into the game, but the analysis may continue all game!  Lou Anarumo, of course, will be able to call plays to really figure out where Mahomes is at.

Wow. So much focus on Mahomes' ankle. I guess we'll get an idea how he is doing simply by seeing how the betting money moves during this week.

Yup... good news is an NFL game is 4 Quarters.  Bengals will know which Mahomes is in the building by at very least the 2nd drive of the game. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 10:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: Rich Eisen was right on the fact that Romo will be the first one to pick up on Mahomes' situation on Sunday night. I guess that will be one good point about Romo and his ability to focus in on QBs and the plays they will be running.  We should get some good analysis right off the bat. Although if Mahomes is fine, then everyone may be sick of the topic five minutes into the game, but the analysis may continue all game!  Lou Anarumo, of course, will be able to call plays to really figure out where Mahomes is at.

Well in at least one place it’s back to KC at -1.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He will "miraculously" be 100% game time.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
60/70/80/90/100% . Whatever….. let’s just prove we belong.

Reply/Quote
Burrow needs to break away from that ridiculously pathetic playoff 4th quarter stat.

Reply/Quote
I hope they are dissecting Henne's game as well, because I suspect we'll see him. Mahomes may start, but I doubt he'll finish. Heck, I don't really think he's going to start either.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 09:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hope they are dissecting Henne's game as well, because I suspect we'll see him. Mahomes may start, but I doubt he'll finish. Heck, I don't really think he's going to start either.

sometime in the 1st Q, Hilton will drill Mahomes and thats when he leaves and turns it over to Henne.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 11:44 AM)kalibengal Wrote: sometime in the 1st Q, Hilton will drill Mahomes and thats when he leaves and turns it over to Henne.

"Gonna lay all 185 pounds on him..." Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:30 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, that certainly is crazy. I'm glad you prefaced it. Since last season, back-up QBs have a 76 passer rating against Cincinnati and are 3-9. I'm including games where guys were benched and the back-up(s) didn't play the whole time, so Carolina is included with two back-up players.

TL;DR - Back-ups typically play awful against Cincinnati. You're just remembering the times they didn't. 

Haha. Old narratives die hard.
Reply/Quote
So, earlier in the season, remember when Tua did NOT have a concussion the week before playing us? And then he got an actual concussion while playing us? Remember that?

Could history sort of repeat itself?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, earlier in the season, remember when Tua did NOT have a concussion the week before playing us? And then he got an actual concussion while playing us? Remember that?

Could history sort of repeat itself?

Yeah, and remember how they then tried to spin it as the Bengals fault Miami trotted a concussed QB out there and he got hit and made it worse? First shot to that leg, and it will be "The Bengals are dirty, and they targeted his leg."
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, and remember how they then tried to spin it as the Bengals fault Miami trotted a concussed QB out there and he got hit and made it worse? First shot to that leg, and it will be "The Bengals are dirty, and they targeted his leg."

they can say what they want as long as we win. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not sure the ankle will be a big deal. Saw some clips of him leaving a presser and on the practice field warming up and the ankle didn’t look like it was bothering him at all?

I guess scrambling around in the pocket may be a different story.
Reply/Quote
Some stars play better injured. Idk if it's focus or what.

We need our pass rush to get home. I'm talking 6+ sacks.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 06:04 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: First defensive play call:

Mike Hilton vibe-check on Patty

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

You absolutely have to blitz him heavy in the beginning, like they did with Allen, to see what he can do. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 02:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You absolutely have to blitz him heavy in the beginning, like they did with Allen, to see what he can do. 

Yeah cause if he’s bad bad you may can end the game before half time and force a switch
-Housh
Reply/Quote