Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Patrick Mahomes update
Andy Reid said Mahomes participated in the walk thru and is expected to practice this afternoon. We will know when the full injury report comes out whether he was a full or limited participant. Then, of course, the 24 hour watch to see how the ankle reacts to the practice

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
As crazy as it sounds, I'd rather the team face Mahomes then Henne! You know how backups do us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: As crazy as it sounds, I'd rather the team face Mahomes then Henne! You know how backups do us.

Same here, especially if his mobility is limited a bit. If he can’t get loose and extend plays it’ll be tough for them to put much on the scoreboard. That’s the same reason I was hoping Lamar would rush back for the WC game.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:10 PM)pally Wrote: Andy Reid said Mahomes participated in the walk thru and is expected to practice this afternoon.  We will know when the full injury report comes out whether he was a full or limited participant.  Then, of course, the 24 hour watch to see how the ankle reacts to the practice

Limited or full participant today, it's virtually a certainty that Mahomes will be playing on Sunday.

In 2019, he had a high-ankle sprain -- one that Andy Reid said is worse than the one he now has -- and he came back the next week and threw for 443 yards and 4 TDs. It wasn't his plant foot that time, but Mahomes can throw flat footed if he has to. 
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1618311764000804866?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1618311764000804866%7Ctwgr%5Eb57c581bc74b5daaab8eabcef6aba2ac259d4086%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D347092page%3D48
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: As crazy as it sounds, I'd rather the team face Mahomes then Henne! You know how backups do us.

Yeah, that certainly is crazy. I'm glad you prefaced it. Since last season, back-up QBs have a 76 passer rating against Cincinnati and are 3-9. I'm including games where guys were benched and the back-up(s) didn't play the whole time, so Carolina is included with two back-up players.

TL;DR - Back-ups typically play awful against Cincinnati. You're just remembering the times they didn't. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:24 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Same here, especially if his mobility is limited a bit. If he can’t get loose and extend plays it’ll be tough for them to put much on the scoreboard. That’s the same reason I was hoping Lamar would rush back for the WC game.

Improvisation is his strength, but it is not like he "just a guy" in the pocket.    As I saw someone somewhere else post.   "A one-legged Mahomes can still win an ass-kicking contest".   KC can still match us score for score with a hobbled Mahomes.   The KC run game looked like ours against Buffalo in that past 3 games, difference being their offense is built around an astounding QB and running the ball would be taking it out of the hands of your best player.  Now that player is hurt and running sounds like a good way to protect him.   If the Bengals don't tighten up their run defense this time, I can see KC going to Phoenix.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: In 2019, he had a high-ankle sprain -- one that Andy Reid said is worse than the one he now has -- and he came back the next week and threw for 443 yards and 4 TDs. It wasn't his plant foot that time, but Mahomes can throw flat footed if he has to. 

Wellllll CRAP

Not good
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:31 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Improvisation is his strength, but it is not like he "just a guy" in the pocket.    As I saw someone somewhere else post.   "A one-legged Mahomes can still win an ass-kicking contest".   KC can still match us score for score with a hobbled Mahomes.   The KC run game looked like ours against Buffalo in that past 3 games, difference being their offense is built around an astounding QB and running the ball would be taking it out of the hands of your best player.  Now that player is hurt and running sounds like a good way to protect him.   If the Bengals don't tighten up their run defense this time, I can see KC going to Phoenix.

He burns our defense with his mobility. He’s 0-3 against them when he has that going for him. He won’t have the same “success” he has in the past against us if he’s stuck in the pocket the whole game. Not saying it won’t be a game or they can’t win, but I’ll take a hobbled QB that we’ve beaten three times already (when he’s at full strength) over a backup which we often struggle against.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:31 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Improvisation is his strength, but it is not like he "just a guy" in the pocket.    As I saw someone somewhere else post.   "A one-legged Mahomes can still win an ass-kicking contest".   KC can still match us score for score with a hobbled Mahomes.   The KC run game looked like ours against Buffalo in that past 3 games, difference being their offense is built around an astounding QB and running the ball would be taking it out of the hands of your best player.  Now that player is hurt and running sounds like a good way to protect him.   If the Bengals don't tighten up their run defense this time, I can see KC going to Phoenix.

Yup

Their run game is on fire. Freaky fast too.

Their OLine is good.

We are going to have our hands full.

Very full.

If JB is on - so will they.

If our OLine and run game resembles how we looked against Buffalo - we win in a close one.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:30 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, that certainly is crazy. I'm glad you prefaced it. Since last season, back-up QBs have a 76 passer rating against Cincinnati and are 3-9. I'm including games where guys were benched and the back-up(s) didn't play the whole time, so Carolina is included with two back-up players.

TL;DR - Back-ups typically play awful against Cincinnati. You're just remembering the times they didn't. 

People really remember when the outliers happen. Literally every franchise’s fans say that they’re terrible against backups. It’s because it really sticks with you when a backup QB makes you look like dorks.

There is no way that I’d rather play Mahomes than Henne. That is, indeed, crazy talk.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: Limited or full participant today, it's virtually a certainty that Mahomes will be playing on Sunday.

In 2019, he had a high-ankle sprain -- one that Andy Reid said is worse than the one he now has -- and he came back the next week and threw for 443 yards and 4 TDs. It wasn't his plant foot that time, but Mahomes can throw flat footed if he has to. 

Little perspective: he played the Raiders the next week. Their defense was tied with the bengals that year for most yards given up per attempt. Also gave up about the same number of points as the bengals D that year. Anyone remember watching those bengals defenses? The one that lead to us getting Burrow? Yeah, it was BAD.

Still impressive with an injury like that, but he didn’t do that against this Bengals D…
Reply/Quote

This narritive is a false one. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Little perspective: he played the Raiders the next week. Their defense was tied with the bengals that year for most yards given up per attempt. Also gave up about the same number of points as the bengals D that year. Anyone remember watching those bengals defenses? The one that lead to us getting Burrow? Yeah, it was BAD.

Still impressive with an injury like that, but he didn’t do that against this Bengals D…

Great to hear. Thanks for the analysis.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking if they have to switch to a pocket passing quick throw offense he’s gonna need multiple days with his WRs to practice.

No way in hell you go from their offense to a pocket passing offense with no practice

I’m starting to think this is all smoke and mirrors to get us to prepare for hobbled Mahommes. Then boom he comes out Sunday and plays like regular Mahommes. This is gamesmanship times 100 and i think the Chiefs have to do this shit because they know we have their number
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:09 PM)Housh Wrote: I was thinking if they have to switch to a pocket passing quick throw offense he’s gonna need multiple days with his WRs to practice.

No way in hell you go from their offense to a pocket passing offense with no practice

I’m starting to think this is all smoke and mirrors to get us to prepare for hobbled Mahommes. Then boom he comes out Sunday and plays like regular Mahommes. This is gamesmanship times 100 and i think the Chiefs have to do this shit because they know we have their number

Fortunately, Lou is great at in-game adjustments.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:09 PM)Housh Wrote: I was thinking if they have to switch to a pocket passing quick throw offense he’s gonna need multiple days with his WRs to practice.

I know Mahomes is a superhuman freak and everything, but I highly doubt he will be 100% with a high ankle sprain on his plant leg. Even if they shoot him full of meds, he'll be playing with a phantom/dead foot and that's still not 100%. Obviously bengals should prepare for any situation, including 100% mahomes, but I just don't think that's realistic given the nature of the injury and the side it's on. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:35 PM)Whacked Wrote: Wellllll CRAP

Not good

I think the plant foot makes a huge difference
He was having real issues last week after he tried coming back in. 
Reply/Quote
Mahomes on practice field.

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1618329978516697088?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Reply/Quote

It's giving Big Ben; broke leg, busted knee, just to return and run for 35 yard gain on next play....... He was trying to play hero vs Jags.

In the mean time a real high ankle sprain looks like this two weeks later.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote