Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Patrick Mahomes update
(01-26-2023, 02:36 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Do you really think lamar is THAT MUCH faster than Huntley?  Come on, they are similar enough in speed.

Lamar 4.34
Huntley 4.56

Not that 40 yard means everything since its pad-less, and highly dependent on technique, however it still isn't a total zero when it comes to evaluating speed. As far as what I can find on top speed during games:

Huntley was recorded at 18.39 MPH during a game last year
The fastest time I can find for Lamar is: 21.01 MPH
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 06:09 PM)Housh Wrote: What did i miss? This the Lamar Jackson thread now? Lol

Yeah I was hoping for news about Mahomes’ injury. WGAF about lamar huntley
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, if ya'll want to talk 40 times and Jackson vs Huntley, start a thread.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 07:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yeah, if ya'll want to talk 40 times and Jackson vs Huntley, start a thread.

I don't think "starting a thread" is always the answer. A forum is a public place for discussion on a particular topic. As it naturally does, conversations tend to branch out and spawn smaller discussions about particular items brought up. This happens all the time in day-to-day life so it isn't strange to see it happen here, either. If a thread was started for every small discussion that were to arise, the board would be littered with threads with minimal replies as that discussion reaches the end of its life. I don't think that is a good practice for the board. It was a short lived discussion, spanning less than a page.

TL;DR - No. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 05:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: A 40 yd (120 ft) dash time of 4.7 seconds (Huntley) = 25.532 feet per second.
A 40 yd (120 ft) dash time of 4.5 seconds (Lamar) = 18.18 mph = =26.667 feet per second.

The YouTube video I watched of the run, is at 30 frames per second.
There are exactly 187 frames between here...

[Image: EKeImT5.jpg]

and here, where first contact is made...

[Image: 2dfnVrP.jpg]

187 frames at 30 fps = 187/30 = 6.233 seconds

Which means if Huntley ran 25.532 feet per second for 6.233 seconds, he would travel 159.141 feet 
Which means if Lamar ran at 26.667 feet per second for those same 6.233 seconds, he would travel 166.215 feet

A difference of 7.074 feet or just over 2 yards.
Contact was made at the 5 yard line, and Huntley was driven out at the 2

Would Lamar have scored?  MAYBE... by a foot.
But, it's not definite.

Guys who cares about Lamar or Huntley? They both suck as QBs when compared to burrow. This debate is stupid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I vote with the others, take the Ratbirds conversation somewhere else. Hopefully those guys are enjoying a nice vacation somewhere, we don’t have to acknowledge their existence for 9 months. This thread is to discuss Kermit’s ankle.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 05:56 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I went back and re-did the math using your updated times... which is reflected in the new "feet per second" values.

Which means if Huntley ran 26.316 feet per second for 6.233 seconds, he would travel 164.028 feet 
Which means if Lamar ran at 27.650 feet per second for those same 6.233 seconds, he would travel 172.342 feet

A difference of 8.314 feet or 2 yards + 2 feet.

I'll put on my "Mythbusters" hat and say it's plausible that he scores, but not confirmed.

In other news, the Bengals play the Chiefs in the AFCCG this Sunday!! Why the hell are we talking about this shit? Take this crap to Around the NFL....Arguing about to losers that are on vacation.....
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 11:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: In other news, the Bengals play the Chiefs in the AFCCG this Sunday!! Why the hell are we talking about this shit? Take this crap to Around the NFL....Arguing about to losers that are on vacation.....

And, we're wearing: White/White/ black socks, the same as we did in Buffalo. 
Reply/Quote
Still wish we could wear the snow tiger uniform and helmet!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 11:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: Still wish we could wear the snow tiger uniform and helmet!

thank god we are not.. so boring... give me some color
Reply/Quote
I’m on the record. Mahomes may look 100% early either will hurt it again or wasn’t 100% in the first place.,I don’t think he can beat us Sunday without going off script. I think we get 3 interceptions. I think much like Buffalo we win easily.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 05:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If he is going to play I think he should undergo a piss test.

especially after these comments 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/27/eric-bieniemy-on-patrick-mahomes-recovery-i-want-whatever-hes-taking/
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 11:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: Still wish we could wear the snow tiger uniform and helmet!

ME too... best looking uniform in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 09:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: especially after these comments 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/27/eric-bieniemy-on-patrick-mahomes-recovery-i-want-whatever-hes-taking/

The  synic inside me just doesn't believe a word out of the KC camp regarding the Mahomes injury. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The  synic inside me just doesn't believe a word out of the KC camp regarding the Mahomes injury. 

Yeah something ain’t adding up.

They want us to prepare for 100% Mahommes so that when he comes out pocket passing we are thrown off
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 09:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: especially after these comments 

HAHA - As unintentional as those comments may have been, it surely does raise suspicion. I think everything we've heard is a lie. It's the playoffs and Andy Reid doesn't care if anyone wins their DFS or prop bets. 

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:41 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The  synic inside me just doesn't believe a word out of the KC camp regarding the Mahomes injury. 

I'm with you. I am really skeptical that he has a high ankle sprain. I mean, let's just look at the medical literature on high ankle sprains. 

Cleveland Clinic - Crutches may be necessary, 6-8 recovery time and potentially longer for athletes.

FootcareMD - 6-8 weeks and sometimes longer to return to normal activities.

WebMD - Crutches may be recommended for first week, 6-8 week recovery time.

He either does not have a high ankle sprain, or he is going to be severely limited. I don't think there is any between. 
Reply/Quote
Has he actually tried planting and running full speed on this ankle at practice yet?

In any case, can a team falsely misrepresent an injury? If the Chiefs officially designated it a high ankle sprain, yet he's out there running around with limited restrictions, I call 100% bullshit on that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:58 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: HAHA - As unintentional as those comments may have been, it surely does raise suspicion. I think everything we've heard is a lie. It's the playoffs and Andy Reid doesn't care if anyone wins their DFS or prop bets. 

High ankle sprain on Sunday and full participant in practice on Wednesday seem incompatible. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: High ankle sprain on Sunday and full participant in practice on Wednesday seem incompatible. 

SHENANIGANS!!!!
Reply/Quote