Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Patrick Mahomes update
(01-26-2023, 11:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: thank god we are not.. so boring... give me some color

We could pair it up with orange socks.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 11:05 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm with you. I am really skeptical that he has a high ankle sprain. I mean, let's just look at the medical literature on high ankle sprains. 

Cleveland Clinic - Crutches may be necessary, 6-8 recovery time and potentially longer for athletes.

FootcareMD - 6-8 weeks and sometimes longer to return to normal activities.

WebMD - Crutches may be recommended for first week, 6-8 week recovery time.

He either does not have a high ankle sprain, or he is going to be severely limited. I don't think there is any between. 

He is being shot up like they do horses. He will be put down 30 minutes after our game. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 07:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yeah, if ya'll want to talk 40 times and Jackson vs Huntley, start a thread.

who gives a F
we burried this pile 2 weeks ago
Reply/Quote
From every video I've seen of him walking or jogging, he reminds me of someone who is trying to act like it doesn't hurt. I'm not buying it. He's hurting for sure, but they're going to shoot him up with so much stuff that he's going to feel like a million bucks while he gets destroyed by our D.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:14 PM)TheBengals Wrote: From every video I've seen of him walking or jogging, he reminds me of someone who is trying to act like it doesn't hurt.  I'm not buying it. He's hurting for sure, but they're going to shoot him up with so much stuff that he's going to feel like a million bucks while he gets destroyed by our D.

He'll be throwing around, "I love you man"s like when Ray and Yanosh were covered in pink slime.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:13 PM)kalibengal Wrote: who gives a F
we burried this pile 2 weeks ago

We were discussing the potential injury of a speedy qb impacting a game.  It is absolutely related to Mahomes. (Who is also a speedy QB) The discussion only lasted a few posts, and does not deserve its own thread.  Get over it, deal with it.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: He'll be throwing around, "I love you man"s like when Ray and Yanosh were covered in pink slime.

Yep. Be showing up to practice like:

[Image: good-morning-meme-4-1024x1024.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Mahomes is ok. I don't think it will limit him much and he will end up having a good game. I think he is pulling the Paul Pierce wheelchair trick.

Mahomes will come back Sunday and all these sports talking heads will talk about how remarkable it is he is even out on the field playing with this horrible injury and they will talk about how great he is and they will marvel at how he was able to make great plays while only having one good leg. They will talk about how the Patrick Mahomes legend grows etc...etc...etc...
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:10 PM)Interceptor Wrote: We could pair it up with orange socks.

well since we have no color just shade by definition that would be a start...  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 04:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Mahomes is ok.  I don't think it will limit him much and he will end up having a good game. I think he is pulling the Paul Pierce wheelchair trick.  

Mahomes will come back Sunday and all these sports talking heads will talk about how remarkable it is he is even out on the field playing with this horrible injury and they will talk about how great he is and they will marvel at how he was able to make great plays while only having one good leg.  They will talk about how the Patrick Mahomes legend grows etc...etc...etc...

I'm starting to get real "Ben Roethlisberger 2.0" vibes with the "heroic" comeback from some "injury."
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 04:35 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I'm starting to get real "Ben Roethlisberger 2.0" vibes with the "heroic" comeback from some "injury."

That's exactly what it is.  The only time you will see him hobble is after throwing a pick.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 04:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Mahomes is ok.  I don't think it will limit him much and he will end up having a good game. I think he is pulling the Paul Pierce wheelchair trick.  

Mahomes will come back Sunday and all these sports talking heads will talk about how remarkable it is he is even out on the field playing with this horrible injury and they will talk about how great he is and they will marvel at how he was able to make great plays while only having one good leg.  They will talk about how the Patrick Mahomes legend grows etc...etc...etc...

I have no issues hearing them talk about a heroic performance from Mahomes in a loss.  We got WLW we can listen to. 
Reply/Quote
"we've never seen a warrior like this since Rapistburger played in Pissburgh with 57 cracked ribs."
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: ME too... best looking uniform in the league.

Nah.  It looks great when you break it out as a contrast but if they used it all the time it would quickly become boring. 
Reply/Quote
Kelce practiced in full but is now on the injury report with Back (questionable)
Reply/Quote
100% BS. He'll play.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

He'll be at 100% for this contest and they'll shoot him up with so much 2035 that he won't feel anything until the following Thursday.
Reply/Quote
JMO but I’m starting to doubt he has a high ankle sprain, think the Chiefs may be saying that to try and catch the Bengals off guard when he comes out 100%.

He seems to be moving perfectly fine from the clips I’ve seen and it would be hard to be a full participation in practice just a few days after a high ankle sprain.

I’m also not a doctor FWIW. I guess it’s possible they have so much injected in him that he doesn’t feel any pain and looks 100% because of that.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 06:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Kelce practiced in full but is now on the injury report with Back (questionable)

Whatever.  Reid is desperate to catch the Bengals off guard I guess.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 06:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Whatever.  Reid is desperate to catch the Bengals off guard I guess.

I do think it will be funny if Bengals beat them again, Reid losing 4 straight. Reid trying to pull the best BS he can.
Reply/Quote