Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots are damn good
They make it a point to perform under the lights, they are destroying the helpless Dolphins. I hope the Bengals make it a point to crush competition when everyone's watching.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I am a Bengals fan, but there is no denying that Tom Brady is the GOAT.

I wish he was our QB and Bilichick was our coach. And we had Gronk and Edleman and Amendola. And Kraft was our owner.

I'm getting carried away, but I do wish Brady was our QB.

Also, I really only see the Giants, Jets, Broncos, and Eagles as being tough for them. I'm predicting the Pats finish the regular season somewhere around 13-3 or 12-4.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
The dolphins had 15 yards rushing. I think MIA probably really sucks, but NE is making everyone look like trash.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 06:29 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The dolphins had 15 yards rushing. I think MIA probably really sucks, but NE is making everyone look like trash.

I would say they're a middle of the road team. Definitely not terrible. It's just the Pats are on a whole nother level. 

Keep in mind, the previous two games Miami killed their opponents. They're definitely a tough team. They're not garbage like the Jags or Lions.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 08:25 AM)Adamantium Wrote: I would say they're a middle of the road team. Definitely not terrible. It's just the Pats are on a whole nother level. 

Keep in mind, the previous two games Miami killed their opponents. They're definitely a tough team. They're not garbage like the Jags or Lions.

Miami beat up on the two worst teams in the worst division in football in the Titans and Texans.

The Pats have a legit shot at doing another 16-0 season. Brady is playing like a man possessed, and Belichick is also the GOAT. They're bound to drop a game or two, but I would wager it will be more because they've locked up home field advantage by week 16 or 17.
Reply/Quote
I think Miami is just that bad and NE was handed an extremely easy schedule this year considering they won the super bowl last year. I still think they're beatable, but not by anyone on their schedule yet..the NFL needs to revamp the scheduling schtick. As long as its the minimum 6 games within their division NE might not ever not go to the playoffs. Same with Indy for that matter.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 10:49 AM)grampahol Wrote: I think Miami is just that bad and NE was handed an extremely easy schedule this year considering they won the super bowl last year. I still think they're beatable, but not by anyone on their schedule yet..the NFL needs to revamp the scheduling schtick. As long as its the minimum 6 games within their division NE might not ever not go to the playoffs. Same with Indy for that matter.

I see what you mean, but NE is a complete outlier as their long-term success came from a QB no team wanted and a HC that was fired by the Browns.  To think an organization could become a dynasty with a 199th overall pick and a castoff from the Browns wouldn't be believable if it were fiction. Then again, they do cheat so if nothing else they are an example of how cheating is super effective, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 04:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I see what you mean, but NE is a complete outlier as their long-term success came from a QB no team wanted and a HC that was fired by the Browns.  To think an organization could become a dynasty with a 199th overall pick and a castoff from the Browns wouldn't be believable if it were fiction.  Then again, they do cheat so if nothing else they are an example of how cheating is super effective, I guess.

I will say this, Belichick was improving the Browns when took over. His last year wound up being a disaster because of the relocation issues.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The Pats know they'll win and they do. The Big Red Machine was the same way. A dynasty starts with a positive attitude.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 04:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote:  Then again, they do cheat so if nothing else they are an example of how cheating is super effective, I guess.

Prove it.  Smirk

Spygate was proven. But what else (with definitive proof)?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 02:02 AM)YAdamantium Wrote: Prove it.  Smirk

Spygate was proven. But what else (with definitive proof)?

That's more than enough proof. 
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 09:50 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: That's more than enough proof. 

And how many years ago was that?  Clinging to it still is just nothing more than sour grapes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 11:55 AM)McC Wrote: And how many years ago was that?  Clinging to it still is just nothing more than sour grapes.

He's a Ravens fan...

A lot of them believe the Ravens would have easily won the super bowl last year if the Patriots hadn't deflated the balls against the Colts  Ninja

Or if Lee Evans didn't drop that TD pass a few years ago. Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 11:55 AM)McC Wrote: And how many years ago was that?  Clinging to it still is just nothing more than sour grapes.

I never said cheating was a bad thing.  I wish the Bengals cheated more.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 75fe29332c27421c8f704a162d9effbd.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 12:09 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: He's a Ravens fan...

A lot of them believe the Ravens would have easily won the super bowl last year if the Patriots hadn't deflated the balls against the Colts  Ninja

Or if Lee Evans didn't drop that TD pass a few years ago. Ninja

Yep.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think they are the best team in football right now. Them and the Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:05 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I think they are the best team in football right now. Them and the  Bengals!

Nah, I can't objectively agree to that.  We're good.  Denver is good.  But, the Pats are scary good.  I don't see us getting past them.  They'll get the #1 seed and will have the AFCCG in Foxboro in January and will represent the AFC in SB 50.  Don't care who in the NFC they play, they'll beat them too.  All their stars are aligning.  We're gonna have to be content with a ceiling of a division title and a playoff win.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nah, I can't objectively agree to that.  We're good.  Denver is good.  But, the Pats are scary good.  I don't see us getting past them.  They'll get the #1 seed and will have the AFCCG in Foxboro in January and will represent the AFC in SB 50.  Don't care who in the NFC they play, they'll beat them too.  All their stars are aligning.  We're gonna have to be content with a ceiling of a division title and a playoff win.   

I think you are getting a little carried away here.

Both the Steelers and Jets outgained the Pats in Foxboro in close 7 point losses, and the Colts also only lost by 7 points to them at home.

They are good, but not close to "scary good".
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 10:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you are getting a little carried away here.

Both the Steelers and Jets outgained the Pats in Foxboro in close 7 point losses, and the Colts also only lost by 7 points to them at home.

They are good, but not close to "scary good".

We'll see how they play down the stretch. Maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am. They remind me of Robert Duvall's character in Apocalypse Now: you just know they're not going to get so much as a scratch.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote