Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-19-2020, 05:38 PM)WhoDey Hooligan Wrote: Wishful thinking, but how about Dalton and 4th round pick to Jacksonville for Andrew Norwell (Cincy kid) or Myles Jack?

I'd say yes because they are rolling with Gardner Minshew at QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is Jacksonville's QB right now? Minshew? Also, hasn't Myles Jack been a bust so far?

Norwell is an O-lineman correct?

Sorry for the questions just don't know a lot about them at this moment.

Minshew is their QB right now. Jay Gruden is now their OC, so it would be an easy transition. HC and GM were on the verge of being fired last year, so I would assume there is some pressure to win now.

I can't say that I've watched many Jacksonville games, but Jack was a high draft pick and has had solid stats. I would think he's better than anyone we've got right now.

Norwell is a guard. He was really good with Carolina and signed a big contract with Jacksonville to open holes for Fournette. Again, not sure how he's performed for them, but he would probably be a big upgrade for us. I've met his brother who is a coach at Thomas More and he's a massive man as well.

Just throwing ideas out there as we are running low on options for Dalton these days.
Reply/Quote
Jags are looking to improve the line, very little chance they trade away from it. As for Jack they are moving him outside this season but he’s fully in their plans.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:54 PM)WhoDey Hooligan Wrote: Minshew is their QB right now. Jay Gruden is now their OC, so it would be an easy transition. HC and GM were on the verge of being fired last year, so I would assume there is some pressure to win now.

I can't say that I've watched many Jacksonville games, but Jack was a high draft pick and has had solid stats. I would think he's better than anyone we've got right now.

Norwell is a guard. He was really good with Carolina and signed a big contract with Jacksonville to open holes for Fournette. Again, not sure how he's performed for them, but he would probably be a big upgrade for us. I've met his brother who is a coach at Thomas More and he's a massive man as well.

Just throwing ideas out there as we are running low on options for Dalton these days.

Well it is something I haven't thought about. Thought Minshew played okay last year for a rookie.

I think they stick with what they have and draft a QB.

Sure would love it if we could trade Dalton straight up for Isaiah Wynn or one of the Pats Linebackers.

(03-19-2020, 06:08 PM)Jeaux Smooth Wrote: Jags are looking to improve the line, very little chance they trade away from it. As for Jack they are moving him outside this season but he’s fully in their plans.

Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:08 PM)Jeaux Smooth Wrote: Jags are looking to improve the line, very little chance they trade away from it. As for Jack they are moving him outside this season but he’s fully in their plans.

That's to bad and they can keep their OL and LB, I certainly wouldn't mind AD + a pick for Yannick. He doesn't want to stay there.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 05:54 PM)WhoDey Hooligan Wrote: Minshew is their QB right now. Jay Gruden is now their OC, so it would be an easy transition. HC and GM were on the verge of being fired last year, so I would assume there is some pressure to win now.

Seems unfair that there would be any pressure to win considering how  many of their best players they have traded away.  I wonder if they have any idea what the hell they're doing.  And they are a solid fourth place team in that division.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:09 PM)McC Wrote: Seems unfair that there would be any pressure to win considering how  many of their best players they have traded away.  I wonder if they have any idea what the hell they're doing.  And they are a solid fourth place team in that division.

Very true. Just wishful thinking on my part and trying to validate another possible option for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:30 PM)WhoDey Hooligan Wrote: Very true. Just wishful thinking on my part and trying to validate another possible option for Dalton.
Nothing wrong with that.  I doubt if any of us want to see us get nothing for him and just let him go.  Unfortunately, that keeps looking more and more like our new reality. Hopefully, the Bengals are exploring every possibility.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:35 PM)McC Wrote: Nothing wrong with that.  I doubt if any of us want to see us get nothing for him and just let him go.  Unfortunately, that keeps looking more and more like our new reality.  Hopefully, the Bengals are exploring every possibility.

I'm hoping whoever is calling the shots this offseason can pull a rabbit out of there hat. And who knows ? like AU165 said in another thread perhaps the physicals are holding stuff up ? But if I had to guess right now I'd say cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping whoever is calling the shots this offseason can pull a rabbit out of there hat. And who knows ? like AU165 said in another thread perhaps the physicals are holding stuff up ? But if I had to guess right now I'd say cut.

Bellichick is as sly as they come. I would think he needs a veteran QB and Dalton is the one. But, he's not going to play into the hands of the Bengals when he knows the QB market has now dried up for him. They could play cat and mouse all the way up until the draft. I wouldn't put it past MB to keep Dalton as insurance this year as well for draft bait next year and a back up. They can still afford him with a rookie QB contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 07:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping whoever is calling the shots this offseason can pull a rabbit out of there hat. And who knows ? like AU165 said in another thread perhaps the physicals are holding stuff up ? But if I had to guess right now I'd say cut.

That's what it feels like... Am I the only one that finds it odd that Mike Brown bends over backwards for degenerates like Pacman, Vontaze, and Chris Henry but he pulls some dickish shit like this for a stand up guy? Everybody knows we're moving on. Why would anyone trade for him, and now about every job is filled. It's hard to figure out why so many former players bad mouth the organization.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:17 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Bellichick is as sly as they come. I would think he needs a veteran QB and Dalton is the one. But, he's not going to play into the hands of the Bengals when he knows the QB market has now dried up for him. They could play cat and mouse all the way up until the draft. I wouldn't put it past MB to keep Dalton as insurance this year as well for draft bait next year and a back up. They can still afford him with a rookie QB contract.

Yep, and I can see him playing hardball on a trade thinking to hell with it ! I'll get Joe Blow in the draft and show em all.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:20 PM)jason Wrote: That's what it feels like... Am I the only one that finds it odd that Mike Brown bends over backwards for degenerates like Pacman, Vontaze, and Chris Henry but he pulls some dickish shit like this for a stand up guy? Everybody knows we're moving on. Why would anyone trade for him, and now about every job is filled. It's hard to figure out why so many former players bad mouth the organization.

Nope

I'm not sure anybody can follow MB's line of thinking ?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:20 PM)jason Wrote: That's what it feels like... Am I the only one that finds it odd that Mike Brown bends over backwards for degenerates like Pacman, Vontaze, and Chris Henry but he pulls some dickish shit like this for a stand up guy? Everybody knows we're moving on. Why would anyone trade for him, and now about every job is filled. It's hard to figure out why so many former players bad mouth the organization.

I wouldn't call Vontaze a degenerate but yeah, this will be pretty low if we just have to cut Andy after all of this.

(03-19-2020, 08:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, and I can see him playing hardball on a trade thinking to hell with it ! I'll get Joe Blow in the draft and show em all.

Eason might be the one QB in this Draft that could really surprise. I find Herbert and Love WAY overrated.

(03-19-2020, 08:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nope

I'm not sure anybody can follow MB's line of thinking ?

My line of thinking is he ain't running what is going on with Reader, Waynes, Sua'Filo and Alexander all being brought in...
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eason might be the one QB in this Draft that could really surprise. I find Herbert and Love WAY overrated.

I think Bellichick will trade back, get an extra pick, and take Jalen Hurts. He's moved up on boards, including Bucky Brooks. And he says that his relationship with Saban, and the way he watched Lamar and all these other types of QBs beat his defense icould sway that decision.
It should be interesting to watch how the QB position plays out in NE.
I still think Dalton ends up there somehow as a bridge QB either by trade or release.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:52 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I think Bellichick will trade back, get an extra pick, and take Jalen Hurts. He's moved up on boards, including Bucky Brooks. And he says that his relationship with Saban, and the way he watched Lamar and all these other types of QBs beat his defense icould sway that decision.
I still think Dalton ends up there somehow as a bridge QB either by trade or release.

I've had the feeling that Bill's next QB would not be a statue and that he will be ready to go for a new age QB.  That's what had me thinking Cam might be a possibility.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 08:52 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I think Bellichick will trade back, get an extra pick, and take Jalen Hurts. He's moved up on boards, including Bucky Brooks. And he says that his relationship with Saban, and the way he watched Lamar and all these other types of QBs beat his defense icould sway that decision.

I like Jalen if he can hold onto the ball and not turn it over. Belichick ain't taking that shit that is for sure.

(03-19-2020, 08:59 PM)McC Wrote: I've had the feeling that Bill's next QB would not be a statue and that he will be ready to go for a new age QB.  That's what had me thinking Cam might be a possibility.

Will be weird if Cam goes to New England, just seems otherworldly.  Say What
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 09:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Jalen if he can hold onto the ball and not turn it over. Belichick ain't taking that shit that is for sure.

Will be weird if Cam goes to New England, just seems otherworldly.  Say What

For the most part, crazy people don't act crazy when they get to NE.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 09:10 PM)McC Wrote: For the most part, crazy people don't act crazy when they get to NE.

Yeah opposite of Pitt lol
Reply/Quote
I hope they cut him soon if a trade deal isnt getting done.
Reply/Quote