Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Dehner - 'Will Bengals invest in offensive line?'
Not that I expected much from him, but if Finney is cut, they completely gave Carlos Dunlap to the Seattle Seahawks. I guess I should withhold judgement...maybe we'll get a bomb ass ST gunner with that 7th rounder.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Tobin cant draft OL, we see whiffs year after year but he hits on some WR's.

Draft a WR, take AJ's $17 mil & sign the best FA OL who wants to come here to block for Joey B and Joe Mixon.......T,G or C.

Give Pollack a room of talented players and he will make it work.

They cannot go into 2021 w/ this OL talent and Joey B coming back off knee surgery- one more wrong hit could end his career.

i hope Mike Brown has Greg Cook nightmares and goes all in on protecting his franchise player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know folks don't want to hear it, but chemistry is big on the interior and I personally thought Hop-XSF-QS started to gel once the all got on the field. I would like to bring in someone to challenge XSF (Felicano, Schofield) but I do not want to break the bank there. Hell, let's see if coming back east can do anything for Forrest Lamp
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Remember they opened the wallet last offseason and the hints of the organization have been that they plan on doing so on offensive line this offseason. Add in that Pollack is a massive improvement on Turner, actually coaching up players successfully and having a coherent line technique. I expect them to go after a legit NFL caliber Tackle or Guard (probably Tackle as it would free up their having to keep the TE inline all the time).
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 05:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hart was not horrible....he actually played better than Spain or XSF ... 

Hart was a guard?

Oranges and tangerines, man, oranges and tangerines.

And if hart wasn't high fiving guys as they ran by, maybe the guards would've had better seasons? 
Reply/Quote
I'll just say there's no way I'm comfortable running basically the same line out there again next season. Will Pollack help ? most likely. But I don't believe he can just magically turn this bunch into a top Oline, or even a very good Oline.

I strongly feel we need at least two pretty major upgrades if not 3 ?

If we're gonna be an offensive minded team riding with JB get him a damn Oline !!
Reply/Quote
At this rate we won't be drafting defense til the 4th round. We need more picks. No matter which way we cut it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 08:09 PM)samhain Wrote: Trotting Jordan out there again would be criminal.  He's absolutely outclassed against NFl d-linemen at the moment.  The only talk of him should be about getting him into the weight room for a year and seeing if he can add some grown-man strength.  He damn well better not be the starter anywhere.

That's the only thing I didn't like in this article.  I would be ok cutting him or just there for emergency or on PS he's trash.  And my God please keep Fred Johnson far away as possible,  we need to treat him like he has covid, not sure why he got any PT.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 01:56 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: That's the only thing I didn't like in this article.  I would be ok cutting him or just there for emergency or on PS he's trash.  And my God please keep Fred Johnson far away as possible,  we need to treat him like he has covid, not sure why he got any PT.

Fred Johnson is the best backup OT on the team. He was brutal at OG, but there’s really no one close that can fill in on the ends as well. Hopefully Adeniji will become that spot starter soon enough, but as of now I’d keep FJ.

Reply/Quote
I believe Dehner, Morrison, and Rapien have all speculated that Hart will be cut. I haven't listened to the BBP in a while, but I think Dragon is going with Hart getting cut after the draft. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 02:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fred Johnson is the best backup OT on the team. He was brutal at OG, but there’s really no one close that can fill in on the ends as well. Hopefully Adeniji will become that spot starter soon enough, but as of now I’d keep FJ.

Well if he is then thats a problem lol. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 03:16 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Well if he is then thats a problem lol. 

Hell, we don’t even have 5 good starters yet. The backups are obviously not going to be a strength.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He says they are expected to 'cut Bobby Hart at some point' and he also thinks they won't bring Finney back, so that will clear up an additional 9m in cap space.

He says they want to bring back Spain, if possible...are hoping Pollack can 'elicit more out of Michael Jordan'...and he sees XSF as being a 'serviceable piece'.

He thinks that RT will be the starting point when comes to the o-line, and that RT Taylor Moton is the guy they may 'open up the wallet' for...with Buffalo's Daryl Williams being the 2nd option. They could also wait and try to land Sewell or Slater in the draft.

At G, he mentions how much guys like Thuney and Scherff would command, with both on tap to get huge deals. He mentions scanning the 2nd and 3rd wave of FA guards like Pittsburgh’s Matt Feiler, Buffalo’s Jon Feliciano, Chicago’s Germain Ifiedi, or a potential cap casualty like maybe Gabe Jackson from LV.

As he points out, they are definitely going to have some options when it comes to bolstering the line and making sure Burrow is better protected going forward.

So, what do you think? What route would you take? 

https://theathletic.com/2321179/2021/01/19/will-cincinnati-bengals-invest-in-offensive-line-inside-the-decision-of-the-offseason/

All I hear from this is a bunch of double-talk. This OL isn't one player away or even two. They could all be replaced by better players. It just comes down to how much free agent money and draft capital the team is willing to spend to protect Burrow. Sadly, I doubt they're willing to spend what it's going to take - just judging by how they've acted over the past 4 years.

Taylor liked Hart on tape and, based on what Taylor wanted they signed Hart to a 3 year deal. Vomit

Then there continues to be this belief in Jordan, which seems to be based on some fantasy the team has about him. It makes me wonder if the Bengals front office even bother to watch the game being played on the field or if they are watching some waking dream of glorious football play by their beloved team. I do wonder how they can see such a different team than the fans do.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He says they are expected to 'cut Bobby Hart at some point' and he also thinks they won't bring Finney back, so that will clear up an additional 9m in cap space.

He says they want to bring back Spain, if possible...are hoping Pollack can 'elicit more out of Michael Jordan'...and he sees XSF as being a 'serviceable piece'.

He thinks that RT will be the starting point when comes to the o-line, and that RT Taylor Moton is the guy they may 'open up the wallet' for...with Buffalo's Daryl Williams being the 2nd option. They could also wait and try to land Sewell or Slater in the draft.

At G, he mentions how much guys like Thuney and Scherff would command, with both on tap to get huge deals. He mentions scanning the 2nd and 3rd wave of FA guards like Pittsburgh’s Matt Feiler, Buffalo’s Jon Feliciano, Chicago’s Germain Ifiedi, or a potential cap casualty like maybe Gabe Jackson from LV.

As he points out, they are definitely going to have some options when it comes to bolstering the line and making sure Burrow is better protected going forward.

So, what do you think? What route would you take? 

https://theathletic.com/2321179/2021/01/19/will-cincinnati-bengals-invest-in-offensive-line-inside-the-decision-of-the-offseason/

When I hear "at some point," I think that they wait to cut him until they either land a proven RT in FA like Moton or Williams, or else they draft Sewell or another OT that they feel can immediately start over Hart.

I hope PDJ's approach is true, as I'd love to see Moton or Williams as a Bengal. That would help reduce a need. I won't say Sewell would be off the table though, as they could still take Sewell at 5 (if he's there) and shift Jonah to LG, which some thought might be his best fit when he was drafted.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i didnt watch a ton this season... But had Jonah earned the LT spot to the point we are happy?

I am not as high on Jonah as others.  He is injury prone. I am concerned that he has played 10 games over two years and has less percentage of snaps than Hart.  He is relatively light, short, short-armed, and I think Bengals should try him at guard or RT.  He is okay but very average.  

Bengals have to step up the quality of talent along the OL and quit settling on average to below average talent.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 07:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am not as high on Jonah as others.  He is injury prone. I am concerned that he has played 10 games over two years and has less percentage of snaps than Hart.  He is relatively light, short, short-armed, and I think Bengals should try him at guard or RT.  He is okay but very average.  

Bengals have to step up the quality of talent along the OL and quit settling on average to below average talent.  

I wouldn’t be opposed to drafting Sewell, keeping Hart at RT, and moving Jonah inside to guard
Reply/Quote
I don't understand how they can't be more concerned about oline. This is one of the better oline fa period if these guys hit market. We should literally be looking at 2 upper tier guys and open up draft. Spend the money and just get the line fixed. I dunno why more people aren't mentioning linsley. Hopkins probably won't be ready for season and we could use an upgrade at center anyway. Since our oline has been so bad hopkins is viewed as solid just because he's not quite as bad. Linsley would be a big upgrade over hopkins.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 08:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I wouldn’t be opposed to drafting Sewell, keeping Hart at RT, and moving Jonah inside to guard

As much as I knock Hart, I wouldn't be opposed to this, at least on paper. Hart was a decent run blocker. If Sewell is an upgrade at tackle and Jonah would be an upgrade at guard, then that should take some pressure off Hart during passing downs.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 07:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am not as high on Jonah as others.  He is injury prone. I am concerned that he has played 10 games over two years and has less percentage of snaps than Hart.  He is relatively light, short, short-armed, and I think Bengals should try him at guard or RT.  He is okay but very average.  

Jonah isn't below average talent, far from it. Still am for drafting Sewell no matter what cause Jonah is injury prone so far
in the NFL as you mention but Jonah has GREAT technique, quick feet and is just a natural O-lineman. Think Jonah will be a
stud down the road wherever he plays if he can just stay healthy.

(01-20-2021, 08:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I wouldn’t be opposed to drafting Sewell, keeping Hart at RT, and moving Jonah inside to guard

Would rather cut Hart for the dough he is being paid and move Jonah to RT myself.

Forgot how much Hart is being paid, he isn't as bad as some people say but he isn't worth what he is being paid either.

There are lots of ways to go about it but OT in the end is where you need to stop that pass rush and having 2 stud bookends
would be sweet. The thing is we have to invest in the OL all over the board but our Center is hurt right now and Price has been
a bust so far, I think we might be able to get by with Spain and XSF at Guard if we had to.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 09:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would rather cut Hart for the dough he is being paid and move Jonah to RT myself.

Forgot how much Hart is being paid, he isn't as bad as some people say but he isn't worth what he is being paid either.

Agree with the second sentence, but my concern with the first sentence is: we need a RT for (hopefully) more than 16 games. Jonah hasn't played 16 games in two years. Even if we move him to RT, he's  like when we had Andre  only as good as his backup.
Reply/Quote