Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Guenther officially leaving
Good. Please take everyone else with you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:31 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Never been a fan of Paulie's defense. So, I'll salute his leaving and wish him the best...

Paulie only ran the D that was all Marvin's.....Coyle will be promoted cuz he and Merv believe that letting the O drive down the field unopposed is a good deal in clock killing!!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Annnnnd... I bet this is the complicated part from his presser.

Paulie probably thought Marvin was leaving but he got the ol' "Wait till I retire and it's yours" from Marvin like Hue did.

Pretty sure the complicated part from the presser was Marvin negotiating raises for all of his coordinators.  I expect a Kevin Coyle promotion tomorrow because screw all of us.
Reply/Quote
You can see after 2010 with the lockout and everything. It was painful but it made sense back then.

The titanic has sunk. And the bubbles you see on the surface is Mike and Marvin down in the abyss still playing a tune.

I hate to see Guenther go. I believe in Guenther. Even if I know it's just cause he was our last link to Zimmer. And I do like the scheme. Even with its struggles of late.

If we lose Guenther. We cant bring any of the Offense coaches back. That's only fair.

JDR would be my pick. But only if he brings the staff he had in Denver.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Gunther was ass

Idc what anyone says

Who plays prevent D up up 1 with 12 mins left
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:04 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Haha...well respected! Where? In Pittsburgh? Baltimore?

Talk about a guy who rode the coattails of his predecessor. A few really good defenders kept this defense formidable, not Guenther. Just look at the drop off when Burfict was off the field. Teams regularly targeted our linebackers in the playoffs and was ultimately our demise. I find it even funnier that the Bengals website built Guenther up to be this amazing defensive coordinator. His whole bend but don’t break philosophy may have limited points, at times, but it lead to super bad field position and a horrendously bad 3rd down percentage.

Him being gone is a step in the right direction. But sill LOL @ well respected.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:49 PM)samhain Wrote: Pretty sure the complicated part from the presser was Marvin negotiating raises for all of his coordinators.  I expect a Kevin Coyle promotion tomorrow because screw all of us.

Why do that...  when they can reward Haslett instead for his stellar work?

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Piano man will be taking over. Ugh.......
Reply/Quote
Geunther gets pissy because he thought he was NEXT MAN UP to coach here. I'm sure he thinks his leaving is a big kick in the pants for us, and here we all sit throwing dice to see which one of us gets to drive his ass to the airport....This is one thing that makes me glad we re-signed Marvin.
GOOD RIDDANCE GEUNTHER
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:26 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Personally love Jim Schwartz as DC but he'd never make a lateral move.

Going to the Bengals from PHI isn’t even lateral, it’s a downgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Don't be surprised if it's Haslet..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Never liked Paulie bend don't break philosophy
It was a defense that was reactive instead of attacking
I want a defense that can generate a lot of takeaways circa 2005.
Reply/Quote
He'll likely win a playoff game before Marvin even if he ends up in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: Don't be surprised if it's Haslet..

He's got failure in his past, so he seems a viable candidate.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Del Rio wants to still coach and he's one of Marv's boys; for the non-insider, fan's perspective, it makes the most sense by far.

Only people I stick around otherwise are Coyle (ugh) and Burney (who made a giant leap from his first year, which I expected and predicted), possibly Simmons as ST and Hayes at TE.

LB coach, OC, Oline, QB, RB WR, I think will all be gone and replaced.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Coyle or Haslett... our defense is going to be so soft you can use them in a pillow fight.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:20 PM)Housh Wrote: Gunther was ass

Idc what anyone says

Who plays prevent D up up 1 with 12 mins left

He was overrated. Hope he's gone along with Piano man. Also nothing against Lazor but we need a real OC, we need all the help we can get to overcome the inept Marvin.
Reply/Quote
I initially read that as Paul Alexander and nearly creamed myself.

Now I just want to cry Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I initially read that as Paul Alexander and nearly creamed myself.

Now I just want to cry Cry Cry Cry

It’s going to happen too...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Paulie only ran the D that was all Marvin's.....Coyle will be promoted cuz he and Merv believe that letting the O drive down the field unopposed is a good deal in clock killing!!

We never saw that with Zimmer but we saw it plenty with Guenther and Bresnahan back in the day. 

I think it had more to do with Guenther but I'm sure Marvin had his hand in the playcalling as well. 
Reply/Quote