Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actually, it may be Zampeze
(11-01-2016, 06:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: To be honest that was not so much Zampese's call as it was Andy selling the fake so well everyone in the stadium was fooled 

So when a play does not work it is the coaches fault, but when a play works all the credit goes to the player?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So when a play does not work it is the coaches fault, but when a play works all the credit goes to the player?

That would be conditional..  Depending upon who called the original play, if it was changed at the line, and finally if it worked or not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
On the video it looks like it may have been an audible. Either way it was a beautiful fake out.

Maybe we'll see more of this from Andy? The last time we had a QB good at the play fake was Boomer.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 05:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 18th in td percentage.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

We are 20th in points
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 05:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 18th in td percentage.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

So still below average.... That's comforting.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Losing coordinator after coordinator has caught up to us.

This is very true, the balls of this team are now in Minnesota, Cleveland, and Miami....
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised that everyone is bad-mouthing the offense...I think they are hitting their stride pretty well. I'm disappointed with the running game, and the play of the RT, but overall the offense is scoring points and moving the ball pretty well.

The defense, however, is horrible. I think that is largely due to scheme, and it is like watching the Breshnahan Bengals all over again. Zero pressure, and just hope an opposing QB makes some dumb mistakes. Meanwhile, guys like Simeon, Cousins, and Kessler are going from also-rans to looking like HOF QBs against this defense and putting up career best numbers with ease.

I don't know what is more frustrating: watching the defense from a year ago completely disappear, of watching the defense of this year suck rhinoceros balls game after game without a single adjustment.

I did love the couple times Williams blitzed against the Browns...it worked, so let's stop that shit and never do it again!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm surprised that everyone is bad-mouthing the offense...I think they are hitting their stride pretty well.  I'm disappointed with the running game, and the play of the RT, but overall the offense is scoring points and moving the ball pretty well.  

The defense, however, is horrible.  I think that is largely due to scheme, and it is like watching the Breshnahan Bengals all over again.  Zero pressure, and just hope an opposing QB makes some dumb mistakes.  Meanwhile, guys like Simeon, Cousins, and Kessler are going from also-rans to looking like HOF QBs against this defense and putting up career best numbers with ease.  

I don't know what is more frustrating:  watching the defense from a year ago completely disappear, of watching the defense of this year suck rhinoceros balls game after game without a single adjustment.

I did love the couple times Williams blitzed against the Browns...it worked, so let's stop that shit and never do it again!!!

Andy still has no time at all to make throws. Far from hitting a stride when the offensive line is one of the worst in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:59 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Andy still has no time at all to make throws. Far from hitting a stride when the offensive line is one of the worst in the league.

Despite his lack of protection, he is on pace to destroy his franchise marks for yards and also have his highest completion %.

All this, despite two new receivers, his best TE out for the first half of the season, the offensive line struggles you mention, and the fact that they played against some of the best defenses in the league.

Yeah, I would say they are hitting their stride.  Even the running game looks better.  

The problem is there is no improvement...actually seem to be getting worse (which I didn't think was possible) on the defensive side of the ball.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm surprised that everyone is bad-mouthing the offense...I think they are hitting their stride pretty well.  I'm disappointed with the running game, and the play of the RT, but overall the offense is scoring points and moving the ball pretty well.  

The defense, however, is horrible.  I think that is largely due to scheme, and it is like watching the Breshnahan Bengals all over again.  Zero pressure, and just hope an opposing QB makes some dumb mistakes.  Meanwhile, guys like Simeon, Cousins, and Kessler are going from also-rans to looking like HOF QBs against this defense and putting up career best numbers with ease.  

I don't know what is more frustrating:  watching the defense from a year ago completely disappear, of watching the defense of this year suck rhinoceros balls game after game without a single adjustment.

Some people have been chomping at the bit for a year and a half to blame the offense..... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Despite his lack of protection, he is on pace to destroy his franchise marks for yards and also have his highest completion %.

All this, despite two new receivers, his best TE out for the first half of the season, the offensive line struggles you mention, and the fact that they played against some of the best defenses in the league.

Yeah, I would say they are hitting their stride.  Even the running game looks better.  

The problem is there is no improvement...actually seem to be getting worse (which I didn't think was possible) on the defensive side of the ball.  

You could tell from some of his throws Sunday that he's got some form of "shell shock" from the lack of protection. It seems like he knows that the line isn't going to give him anytime to throw on every drop back, so his passes are hurried.
Reply/Quote