Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Peak or plateau
It's sweet we have Mixon, the NFL's second leading rusher at 1205 yards, and made the playoffs by winning the AFC North. Mixon contributed to this success with his run game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 02:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Three of the five 1000 yard rushers in the NFL are on teams that will not make the playoffs.

In all the discussions about who are the best coaches in the NFL I have never ever heard them ranked by how many 1000 yard rushers or receivers they had.  And it is silly to claimwe have a good running game just because we have a 1000 yard rusher.

Why do you make up things never said. Where did I say we have a good rushing game? Now that you can't find it in what I said, let me say it. We are rushing a 4.0 YPC. Now just saying 25th sounds bad if you're looking for something to complain about, but when you realize we are closer to being 10th than we are 31st it is put into context.

As I said: For some reason you're trying real hard to find things to complain about and this team having a 25 year old 1,000 yard RB on a team that is closer to 10th than 31st in YPC is one of them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 02:18 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's sweet we have Mixon, the NFL's second leading rusher at 1205 yards, and made the playoffs by winning the AFC North. Mixon contributed to this success with his run game.

Agree.  I have always been a big fan of Mixon, but was concerned about him staying healthy.  He had only played a full season once in his four years.  But he has played every game and even made a couple of big plays in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 02:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do you make up things never said. Where did I say we have a good rushing game? 

So you agree we don't have a good rushing game?

All I ever said is that individual performances are not a good way to measure a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agree.  I have always been a big fan of Mixon, but was concerned about him staying healthy.  He had only played a full season once in his four years.  But he has played every game and even made a couple of big plays in the passing game.

His health has been instrumental to the team's success this year and I also shared the concern about him not staying healthy. I was surprised that him only playing one full season didn't influence the generous contract he received. Hopefully, he's ready to go for the first playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you agree we don't have a good rushing game?

All I ever said is that individual performances are not a good way to measure a head coach.

We have a good running game. I, like many, set the bar at 4.0 YPC. We are there. 

I used a never before achieved collection of individual performances to measure how this head coach is performing. I guess I could also use sweeping the ravens, steelers, and winning the AFC North as another, there are a lot to chose from..

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 99% of the time players support their current coach.  Dan Campbell is 7-20-1 as an NFL head coach, but when the Lions won their first game this year I saw a lot of his players singing his praises.  

I get that but maybe I’m surprised you can’t sift through that jargon. Get ready because you are going to hear it a bunch from now on out. The players believe it glad they do. It’s not important if you do or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 12:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: Icky Woods career went to hell because of me.. I was at his house the season after his injury to his knee selling him cable TV and took advantage to sell the entire package, Showtime, HBO, Cinemax and the other one whatever it was at the time..  I gotta admit he was kind of out of place in the neighborhood out in Mason. It was like the Stepford wives kind of place. It was like Tuesday afternoon in some lily white neighborhood and suddenly here's some gigantic black guy on crutches milling about in the front yard, but he was smiling so I knocked on the door. I didn't realize who he was until we went in his den with all his trophys then it hit me who he was.. Actually it wasn't till he filled out the form for the order, but he never used "Icky" on it.. What can I say? I'm kind of slow when it comes to names, but really friendly guy.. When we shook hands it was like he was shaking my elbow with my hand all at the same time.. LOL
I've felt terrible about it ever since.. All my fault..  Sad

I'm going to go ahead and relieve you of the guilt you've been carrying all these years.  I believe his ACL tear and knee issues were the sole reason for his career ending prematurely and not you having sold him Cinemax.  Although, it probably didn't help  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 02:52 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The players believe it glad they do. It’s not important if you do or not.

And since the Lions players believe in Dan Campbell it obviously isn't important if the players do or not either.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have a good running game. I, like many, set the bar at 4.0 YPC. We are there. 

I used a never before achieved collection of individual performances to measure how this head coach is performing. I guess I could also use sweeping the ravens, steelers, and winning the AFC North as another, there are a lot to chose from..

Baltimore and Pitt are 16-15-1.  It is possible that no AFCN team other than us will even have a winning record.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Baltimore and Pitt are 16-15-1.  It is possible that no AFCN team other than us will even have a winning record.

0-4 vs Who-Dey nation.
16-11-1 vs everyone else.

Why have you been so negative lately? You seem angry with our success. Hater. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 0-4 vs Who-Dey nation.
16-11-1 vs everyone else.

Why have you been so negative lately? You seem angry with our success. Hater. Mellow

I don't think its manopause. I thinks it's the deep scars from past hope and being let down. I think many suffer from this trauma. 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't think its manopause. I thinks it's the deep scars from past hope and being let down. I think many suffer from this trauma. 

He needs Ken Broo's Bengals therapy, I guess. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 10:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There has been a 14-2 AFC team each of the last two seasons.

We were talking about the AFC as a whole, not just one team in it. I feel like there has been some mediocre teams to have good records the past few years because of how bad some teams have been. Personally I feel like there's always like 4-5 teams in the NFC that have a shot to go all the way. I rarely feel that way about the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Baltimore and Pitt are 16-15-1.  It is possible that no AFCN team other than us will even have a winning record.

Yeah, we had a lot to do with that. 

Quote:And since the Lions players believe in Dan Campbell it obviously isn't important if the players do or not either.

What do Lions fan have to complain about. They're top 10 in rushing YPC

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't think its manopause. I thinks it's the deep scars from past hope and being let down. I think many suffer from this trauma. 

Yeah. He's lashing out with a pre-emptive defense mechanism to not be hurt again.   Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 07:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why have you been so negative lately? 

Two points

1.  Because this collective euphoria and confidence is identical to what happened after we blew out the Ravens to improve to 5-2.  And again when we blew out the Steelers to improve to 7-4.

2.  I am not being negative.  In fact I am one of the people saying we have the talent to win this year.  I am only being labeled as "negative" because I am not crowning Zac Taylor as a great coach yet.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 02:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Two points

1.  Because this collective euphoria and confidence is identical to what happened after we blew out the Ravens to improve to 5-2.  And again when we blew out the Steelers to improve to 7-4.

2.  I am not being negative.  In fact I am one of the people saying we have the talent to win this year.  I am only being labeled as "negative" because I am not crowning Zac Taylor as a great coach yet.

No doubt..if there's one thing wrong with this forum it's too many people have crowned Zac as being a great coach.

You're the one that started the thread giving Zac credit and then spent the next few pages arguing against it, I suppose when others grow tired of arguing against you, you can argue against yourself..

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have a good running game. I, like many, set the bar at 4.0 YPC. We are there. 

The Bengals have a pretty poor running game and this is particularly glaring in short yardage situations. Last I checked, the Bengals had a bottom three conversion rate on short yardage runs. Some folks have different standards, so if your standard is 4 YPC then that’s awesome but in comparison to what the rest of the league is doing, they are rather poor.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 03:01 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Bengals have a pretty poor running game and this is particularly glaring in short yardage situations. Last I checked, the Bengals had a bottom three conversion rate on short yardage runs. Some folks have different standards, so if your standard is 4 YPC then that’s awesome but in comparison to what the rest of the league is doing, they are rather poor.

What is your standard? 

Reply/Quote