Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Peko
Man I kind of miss this guy he looked awesome tonight
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Peko took a lot of heat here from people who don't understand what his job was. He was never as bad as he was made out to be.
Reply/Quote
It was surreal seeing the Big-Haired Samoan our there in a different jersey that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
One thing is for damn sure, he'll experience a playoff win before we will.
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen Peko so fired up to play like that  in years... Gee, I wonder why that is?? Hmm

The sad thing is, Vance Joseph could have been ours
Reply/Quote
Peko has looked good in both games for Denver.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He put in his time for the league loss leader now gets to play for one of the league golden teams that get to play with the refs and not against them..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The past few years here he was horrible....getting blown of the line of scrimmage the vast majority of plays!! This proves that players are not giving 100% here, nor are they required to!

Funny how that works when coaches motivate, and organizations set standards.
Reply/Quote
Pekos problems were never that he couldn't play... it was how many snaps he was taking. That said I really don't miss him at all and happy that they went younger on defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Have always been a Peko fan and knew he would not be replaced easily.

People are fools that thought he sucked. Same ones back in day saying Justin Smith stunk as well probably.

He always played with emotion here too and was a vocal sideline leader.

Glad for him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Peko still sucks. He didnt do anything the first game of the year. Not sure what game you guys watched. Anyways he stunk last 2 years . Justin smith was a stud here n in San Fran.
Reply/Quote
Peko is what he is...a big guy that will take up space in the run game. I think he did an above average job of that here.

Most fans evaluate defensive lineman based on sacks and don't realize that some guys roles are just to take up blockers...so they thought he was terrible.

Billings and Sims are definitely downgrades to him at this point. Hopefully Billings improves.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 10:25 PM)Trademark Wrote: Man I kind of miss this guy he looked awesome tonight

We have a lot of fans who have no clue of how to evaluate a Peko run stuffing DL. His job is and was to occupy blockers, so the LBers or other DL can make the tackles. No glory, juts bring your lunch pail and fight in the the trenches. I said it when he left, he would be missed. I said he was a big part over the years of teams not being able to run on us. Fast forward to 2017 and a Denver defense that had a major run defense weakness holds the Cowboys to 40 yards rushing (yes only 40 yeards) with 24 coming from the QB. The best running team in the NFL with the best OL in the league gets shut down.

We lost a great OT and many were worried and rightly so, I was as well. Our fears were realized as the OL is struggling mightily. We lose a big run stopper and because he was not in the limelight, many trashed Peko, called him garbage, yet Elway signs him for big bucks (for a run stopper), plus him into a great pass defense team and now the Denver defense fixed a weakness. Meanwhile, the first 2 games, teams are running on our defense. Our run defense is clearly our weakness right now on defense. But may fans will ignore Peko loss being on par or close to a Whittworth loss due to their past ill advised comments now making them not look very smart.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 10:25 PM)Trademark Wrote: Man I kind of miss this guy he looked awesome tonight

I don't really miss him as much on the field as I do on the sidelines and off the field. Him and Whitworth were veterans that had been there, done that. 

Whitworth and Peko really helped out during the last CBA agreement and when Dalton and Green came here to so them the ropes.

After seeing how emotional all the players were after the game against Houston, I wonder who we have that'll replace them and keep the players level headed and focused throughout the year.

Casey Hampton was considered one of the best Nose Tackles in the NFL while he was playing, in his career he had 372 tackles and 9 sacks. Yet, he was a 5 time Pro Bowler

The only Nose Tackle I remember who could consistently put up huge numbers was Tim Krumrie. Who had 1,018 tackles and 34.5 sacks. 1,018 tackles it's just astronomical for any interior defensive lineman. Yet, he only ended up with 2 Pro Bowls.

1,018 tackles and 34.5 sacks vs 372 tackles and 9 sacks, now you tell me which one you would prefer! Yet, tell me who has a better chance of making the Hall of Fame!
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 09:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We have a lot of fans who have no clue of how to evaluate a Peko run stuffing DL. His job is and was to occupy blockers, so the LBers or other DL can make the tackles. No glory, juts bring your lunch pail and fight in the the trenches. I said it when he left, he would be missed. I said he was a big part over the years of teams not being able to run on us. Fast forward to 2017 and a Denver defense that had a major run defense weakness holds the Cowboys to 40 yards rushing (yes only 40 yeards) with 24 coming from the QB. The best running team in the NFL with the best OL in the league gets shut down.

We lost a great OT and many were worried and rightly so, I was as well. Our fears were realized as the OL is struggling mightily. We lose a big run stopper and because he was not in the limelight, many trashed Peko, called him garbage, yet Elway signs him for big bucks (for a run stopper), plus him into a great pass defense team and now the Denver defense fixed a weakness. Meanwhile, the first 2 games, teams are running on our defense. Our run defense is clearly our weakness right now on defense. But may fans will ignore Peko loss being on par or close to a Whittworth loss due to their past ill advised comments now making them not look very smart.

The Broncos used him on a rotating basis and he was all sorts of fired up/ready to go. It's amazing what happens when you use your personal correctly.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 11:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Pekos problems were never that he couldn't play... it was how many snaps he was taking. That said I really don't miss him at all and happy that they went younger on defense.

Pretty much. Peko probably has a few good seasons left if he's part of a solid rotation. 
Reply/Quote
While I always thought he did a good job here, he hasn't done anytnhing this year, nor has he played THAT well.

Not sure what you guys are watching.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe he's got a coach he feels is worth playing for? Coaching is a huge factor in a players performance.

Reply/Quote
It was time for Peko and the Bengals to move on from each other. Doesn't mean I can't be happy for him since moving elsewhere. After all, it isn't as if the Bengals are doing much to make me happy.
Reply/Quote
Not a PFF guy, but if we are trying to keep it universal....He has a grad of like 47 right now which is considered poor. I think this is like when you see an ex girlfriend out and you start telling yourself she looks really good only to finally realize she is exactly the same as she always was, but since she isn't with you she has kind of a new shine to her.
Reply/Quote