Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peko going on the field
(01-12-2016, 03:54 PM)McC Wrote: True dat.

Honestly, I say anybody who says they could have stood up the the madness the Steelers launched at the Bengals from start to finish and not lose their cool is quite full of shit.

That was so far beyond the norm, so over the top insanely dirty.  It was their game plan.  Every tackle involved a head shot or knee shot or borderline late hit.  There was calculated viciousness in everything they did.  They were out there to maim and incite.   And toward Burfict, it was beyond relentless.

NOBODY can stand up to that.  And anyone who says they could is a liar.  This is not to excuse what certain guys did.  This is just to say it was not unmotivated.  The Steelers talk about Burfict being calculated in everything he does.  Well, what they did was so far beyond calculated.  It was appalling.  It was ***** shameful.  They are like ***** Russians over there.

And the result?  Steelers are rewarded by moving on and the Bengals are vilified.  What happened Saturday night has been years, if not decades, in the making.

Agreed.....it's also quite insane that they actually involved the coaches! Hell, on the video after Gio's hit, you can see trainers badmouthing Huber FFS!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And he is supposed to be a team leader. Our run stopping DT. Well guess what. Two no name running backs came out and ripped off chunk gains. And Peko was absent from the box score. His biggest impact on the game was to negate one of our best defensive plays.

Its been said many times. We need an upgrade. Move the **** on.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:00 PM)3wt Wrote: This...  combined with the fact that Joey Porter got the game ball.   It's what that game was truly about.

It truly was.  It was their method of attack from start to finish.  They wanted to make it the ugliest brawl possible because they knew it would happen exactly like it did.

And why was it like that?

First and foremost, can't lose a playoff game to the Bengals.  And second, the Steelers haven't exactly been burning up the playoffs lately either and Tomlin cannot let that go on much longer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:54 PM)McC Wrote: True dat.

Honestly, I say anybody who says they could have stood up the the madness the Steelers launched at the Bengals from start to finish and not lose their cool is quite full of shit.

That was so far beyond the norm, so over the top insanely dirty.  It was their game plan.  Every tackle involved a head shot or knee shot or borderline late hit.  There was calculated viciousness in everything they did.  They were out there to maim and incite.   And toward Burfict, it was beyond relentless.

NOBODY can stand up to that.  And anyone who says they could is a liar.  This is not to excuse what certain guys did.  This is just to say it was not unmotivated.  The Steelers talk about Burfict being calculated in everything he does.  Well, what they did was so far beyond calculated.  It was appalling.  It was ***** shameful.  They are like ***** Russians over there.

And the result?  Steelers are rewarded by moving on and the Bengals are vilified.  What happened Saturday night has been years, if not decades, in the making.

Well put. - I'm still pissed off at the dirty shitturds from shitsburg, shitlyvania ...  I don't really like the broncos, but I hope they hurt those pieces of garbage  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: I've done that with every playoff game right after it was over. And regretted it a couple months later when I was feeling strong enough to re-watch it. I haven't rewatched Sat yet, but I held strong and kept it.

You knew emotions were out of control when Peko got the flag. That was just random and unfortunate. But maybe not. He did blow the end of the Cards game for us with a boneheaded (if you believe it was him trying to trick the Oline) penalty.

Everyone just wanted a fight, crowd included, and can you blame them. Just too bad it was the playoffs.

I delete the game right after every loss. I keep the wins and watch them again at some point.  I won't be watching this game again ever 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: And he is supposed to be a team leader. Our run stopping DT. Well guess what. Two no name running backs came out and ripped off chunk gains. And Peko was absent from the box score. His biggest impact on the game was to negate one of our best defensive plays.

Its been said many times. We need an upgrade. Move the **** on.

Your avatar picture is scary, its a Blinger= Black Ginger LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:17 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your avatar picture is scary, its a Blinger= Black Ginger LOL

That is the Burton. Burfict mixed twith Dalton
Reply/Quote
He did it right in front of a ref too.. Theres that quality Spartan education right there.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That is the Burton. Burfict mixed twith Dalton

a.k.a Blinger!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought we were had for sure....couldn't believe they didn't flag it.  Just goes to show what little control the refs had of this game.  Pathetic.

They hit him with an unsportsman-like conduct.

Why?

Because 'pretending to Batman and fighting villains' isn't a real penalty.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:35 PM)Benton Wrote: They hit him with an unsportsman-like conduct.

Why?

And somehow the officials need to remind people of that every single year...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:37 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: And somehow the officials need to remind people of that every single year...

I blame Snickers.

And the Steelers.

Mostly the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:35 PM)Benton Wrote: They hit him with an unsportsman-like conduct.

Why?

LOL You're right....they did get us for the penalty.....those second half beers really took their toll.... Wasted

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 03:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The fact they got under Peko's skin makes you realize just how bad it was.....

BINGO!!!  He lost it because this has been going on for years with these ghetto thugs, and Peko has been here a long time. Finally came to a head.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 04:15 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I delete the game right after every loss. I keep the wins and watch them again at some point.  I won't be watching this game again ever 

Neither will I. I survived Saturday night without having a heart attack. Not sure my body could do it again. My wife has banned me from the Steelers game next year at PBS. She is actually worried for my health.
Reply/Quote
So much for him being a team leader.
Reply/Quote
Here's the funny part. Up until the whole Batman thing, people were proclaiming Peko one of the nicest players in the NFL. Remember this just a few weeks ago? http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/bengals-player-seeks-out-opponent-apologizes-for-late-hit
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 06:09 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: So much for him being a team leader.

Maybe if he'd have just acted like he was subbing in...Of course, that would have required dropping the cape.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
That play alone shows this team had no composure!!!

A 10 year veteran doing stupid things and getting caught up in the moment.

You can't have that, he should have been ejected and if not sat by ML the rest of the game.

Im sorry but totally uncalled for.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Do you think Joey Porter would have caught a flag, if he dawned a cape ?

I sense a new trend coming on.

The sale of NFL capes will make millions.
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote