Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peko on Bengals attitude
(05-19-2017, 10:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It is, but the last couple years were bad even by Bengals standards.

Last year we got LaFell to replace MLJ. 

Yeah, it really sucks when you get the exact same production from a $1 million dollar as the player another team paid $8 million.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 10:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It is, but the last couple years were bad even by Bengals standards. Usually in the past, when we lost good players we at least tried to sign a decent replacement. Think Lavernues Coles replacing Housh. Odom replacing Justin Smith. Nate Clements replacing JJo. Last year we got LaFell to replace MLJ. This year we just let 2 key o-linemen walk without doing anything with the money saved. That's bad even for Mike.

Yeah...had we brought in a Ronal Leary or similar I'd be filling better. Then let Smith play Tackle.

Instead we signed a guy who missed most of last year who previously left on bad terms...to come play a new position.

It may work. Who knows?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 10:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It is, but the last couple years were bad even by Bengals standards. Usually in the past, when we lost good players we at least tried to sign a decent replacement. Think Lavernues Coles replacing Housh. Odom replacing Justin Smith. Nate Clements replacing JJo. Last year we got LaFell to replace MLJ. This year we just let 2 key o-linemen walk without doing anything with the money saved. That's bad even for Mike.

This is my entire post. Yet this is what Fred quotes:

Quote:It is, but the last couple years were bad even by Bengals standards.

Last year we got LaFell to replace MLJ. 

Facepalm

-

I said the last couple years were bad, but I had LaFell among the "decent replacements" I listed. Therefore it's obvious I meant that the LaFell signing was a positive. That should be obvious to someone who frequents the board as much as you. I defended the LaFell signing from the very beginning. I think the 2016 FA period was bad for other reasons. Namely, the Bengals supposedly offered MLJ a "similar" contract to the one offered by Detroit. Now if the Bengals had that money to throw at MLJ, then where did the money go when MLJ signed elsewhere?

In the last couple years, the Bengals let MLJ, Sanu, Whit and Zeitler all walk. I agreed with the Bengals letting them go. That said, I did not like how we supposedly had money earmarked for MLJ and Whitworth that went unspent after they left. We should've improved the team with that money. That's the gist of my entire point.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...had we brought in a Ronal Leary or similar I'd be filling better. Then let Smith play Tackle.

Instead we signed a guy who missed most of last year who previously left on bad terms...to come play a new position.

It may work. Who knows?

The Andre Smith move was risky, but could pay off.

I'm more concerned about Ogbuehi playing LT with Winston backing him up. Winston apparently couldn't even handle a full workload. At least that's what was said when he was rotating with Ogbuehi/Fisher at RT. Plus even though Winston was better than Ogbuehi at RT, I wouldn't be comfortable with him coming in at LT. I think we could've done better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 12:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Andre Smith move was risky, but could pay off.

I'm more concerned about Ogbuehi playing LT with Winston backing him up. Winston apparently couldn't even handle a full workload. At least that's what was said when he was rotating with Ogbuehi/Fisher at RT. Plus even though Winston was better than Ogbuehi at RT, I wouldn't be comfortable with him coming in at LT. I think we could've done better.

And this is what concerns me the most ! If the 4 stooges (excluding Boling) don't work out on the O-line, what the hell is plan B ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 01:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And this is what concerns me the most ! If the 4 stooges (excluding Boling) don't work out on the O-line, what the hell is plan B ?

I think Plan B is fix it in 2018.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 09:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Franchise tag is not always good for player morale. That can lead to wasted money on an unhappy player if he doesn't want to be here anymore.

True, which is why we cannot blame the FO for not bringing back Whit or Zeit.

Just wasn't in the cards, We have to just hope Og and Andre/Westerman/Redmond play decent.

If Andre can stay healthy i honestly think he can be a big time upgrade over Zeit in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 12:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I said the last couple years were bad, but I had LaFell among the "decent replacements" I listed. Therefore it's obvious I meant that the LaFell signing was a positive.

You compared Lefell replacing Jones directly to Coles replacing Housh.

So is it also clear that you considered Coles replacing houish "a positive"?
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 10:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You compared Lefell replacing Jones directly to Coles replacing Housh.

I remember signing Coles and thought he was a great addition. Man, what a disappointment he turned out to be.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 07:38 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I remember signing Coles and thought he was a great addition. Man, what a disappointment he turned out to be.

He had been a good player but he lost his will to play.   Just here to collect a check.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 10:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You compared Lefell replacing Jones directly to Coles replacing Housh.

I said "we at least tried to sign a decent replacement".

Coles at the time he was signed was viewed as a decent replacement. I can't knock them for trying there. How he turned out is irrelevant to what I was saying.
Reply/Quote

At the time Coles replacing Housh was a positive signing. Coles had 850 yards and 7 TDs the year before, and almost 1100 yards and 6 TDs 3 years before.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think Plan B is fix it in 2018.

Agreed. At least Fisher showed that he has some ability to play RT last year.

Our OL comes out as

1. Boling
2. Fisher?
3-5. Ugh
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 03:50 PM)McC Wrote: He had been a good player but he lost his will to play.   Just here to collect a check.

Not sure if he lost his way or lost his concentration. Maybe he couldn't adapt to our system. His main issue is that he couldn't catch the friggin ball, even when wide open.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 03:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I said "we at least tried to sign a decent replacement".

Coles at the time he was signed was viewed as a decent replacement. I can't knock them for trying there. How he turned out is irrelevant to what I was saying.

You're correct. On paper it was a good signing. He just couldn't concentrate while here. Missed many wide open throws and misran routes. Not sure once he got here his heart was in it or was unable to learn our offense. Might have actually been a slow learner as well. Who knows? However, can't knock the signing.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 04:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed. At least Fisher showed that he has some ability to play RT last year.

Our OL comes out as

1. Boling
2. Fisher?
3-5. Ugh

"Ugh" pretty much sums it up.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Interesting comments from Peko. I think this is something that us fans have already known for awhile though...

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/864586114505596928

[Image: C_-gai1UIAAC68I.jpg]

I thought he was a team leader. If so, he is the one that was setting the tone to win a playoff game and not a championship.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Peko is a fat, slow Samoan who is just happy that some other team still wanted to employ him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 09:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: Peko is a fat, slow Samoan who is just happy that some other team still wanted to employ him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut.

Any idea why a team like the Broncos would sign him to a contract for more than the bengals paid him last year if he is really that bad?

And what does being Somoan have to do with him getting cut?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2017, 10:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, it really sucks when you get the exact same production from a $1 million dollar as the player another team paid $8 million.

It sucks even more to not take that 7 million savings and invest it in a position of need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote