Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peko on Bengals attitude
Peko was a steady player who was above average most of his tenure with Bengals.

However, I don't understand why ex players feel the need to rip their old team who drafted them and invested in them for a long time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Peko was just too damn nice IMHO. We need mean sumbitches here, i remember him saying he was sorry to Joe Thomas once.

Not cool in my eyes. It is cool to be a nice guy off the field but on the field i am with you and want intimidators out there.

Willis, Lawson and Glasgow type players. :andy:

You're right. I remember last year they did an interview with Steelers Tackle Alejandro Villanueva (whom the Bengals signed and let go) and he said that the Bengals are actually the nicest team they will play all year. Maybe he was showing his appreciation to the Bengals for giving him his first chance, but, I found that quote to be rather odd due to the hatred these two teams supposedly have.
Reply/Quote
Bold prediction:

Peko doesn't make the Broncos' roster out of camp. We re-sign him Week 3 for the minimum once Billings or someone inevitably gets hurt.   Tongue
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2017, 12:15 AM)Bronze Bengal Wrote: Bold prediction:

Peko doesn't make the Broncos' roster out of camp. We re-sign him Week 3 for the minimum once Billings or someone inevitably gets hurt.   Tongue

This is actually an incredible prediction and one of the best I've seen on here in forever.

Although, don't get too pumped. Most people predict BS like the Bengals trading Adam Jones for 3 #1 picks or some nonsense.    Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2017, 12:15 AM)Bronze Bengal Wrote: Bold prediction:

Sounds very Bengals, but the Broncos will not be releasing Peko, barring injury. His contract has 3.8 million guaranteed, which mostly includes his entire 2017 salary.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2017, 12:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds very Bengals, but the Broncos will not be releasing Peko, barring injury. His contract has 3.8 million guaranteed, which mostly includes his entire 2017 salary.

Wait wait wait... So the Broncos would have to foot the bill even after they release him? Oh man! This has Bengals written all over it! It's a perfect storm!
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2017, 10:08 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You're right. I remember last year they did an interview with Steelers Tackle Alejandro Villanueva (whom the Bengals signed and let go) and he said that the Bengals are actually the nicest team they will play all year. Maybe he was showing his appreciation to the Bengals for giving him his first chance, but, I found that quote to be rather odd due to the hatred these two teams supposedly have.

I remember that too but Villanueva also was a Bengal at one point so he has a bit of a bias for these guys.

Villanueva is actually a great man even though he is a steeler.

Still, the point being we need intimidators on the field. Peko was nice on the field for heck sake.

Burfict, Geno, Iloka, Willis, Lawson, Billings, Glasgow and even Shawn Williams have some of this intimidator factor.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I remember that too but Villanueva also was a Bengal at one point so he has a bit of a bias for these guys.

Villanueva is actually a great man even though he is a steeler.

Still, the point being we need intimidators on the field. Peko was nice on the field for heck sake.

Burfict, Geno, Iloka, Willis, Lawson, Billings, Glasgow and even Shawn Williams have some of this intimidator factor.

Villanueva had no intention of an NFL career when we signed him. He wanted to come to a rookie camp, but he had a commitment to go to Ranger school. He tried again a couple of years later, but he still had to finish off Ranger school. He didn't even make it to the NFL until 2014.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Villanueva is actually a great man

True. And the dude holds like a motherflunker.

Like it's going out of style and he wants to stock up for a lifetime.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Interesting comments from Peko. I think this is something that us fans have already known for awhile though...

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/864586114505596928

[Image: C_-gai1UIAAC68I.jpg]

I wouldn't call it the "Bengals Attitude", I'd call it the "Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis Attitude". 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 03:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Villanueva had no intention of an NFL career when we signed him. He wanted to come to a rookie camp, but he had a commitment to go to Ranger school. He tried again a couple of years later, but he still had to finish off Ranger school. He didn't even make it to the NFL until 2014.

Saved a bunch of dudes lives, he is a hero, too bad he became a Stooler...

(06-01-2017, 05:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. And the dude holds like a motherflunker.

Like it's going out of style and he wants to stock up for a lifetime.

True. Like that whole O-line and especially DeCastro...

(06-01-2017, 06:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I wouldn't call it the "Bengals Attitude", I'd call it the "Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis Attitude". 

For sure. Burfict is talking about a Superbowl win right now.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2017, 06:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure. Burfict is talking about a Superbowl win right now.

It was a dumb comment by Peko. Fans talk about winning a playoff game. Players always talk about winning a championship. 

Show me a guy that goes to another team and doesn't talk about how much better it is there and i'll show you a guy that doesn't have a pulse. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2017, 12:15 AM)Bronze Bengal Wrote: Bold prediction:

Which one?
Domata or his backup and cousin Kyle?
Reply/Quote