Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peko on Oline vs AD
He gives his insight on stopping or slowing down Aaron Donald and Vonn Miller. He thinks we should use the Center/Guard to double Donald on every play and rely on the TE or RB to chip Miller off the edge. While this is basic, it may be Adeniji's only chance at slowing Donald's assault on JoeyB up the middle. Man, I sure hope having 2 weeks give Pollack time to come up with a plan. 

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He gives his insight on stopping or slowing down Aaron Donald and Vonn Miller. He thinks we should use the Center/Guard to double Donald on every play and rely on the TE or RB to chip Miller off the edge. While this is basic, it may be Adeniji's only chance at slowing Donald's assault on JoeyB up the middle. Man, I sure hope having 2 weeks give Pollack time to come up with a plan. 

Loved watching this earlier....and how about Peko hosting a watch party for Bengals fans?! Domata is such a solid dude.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: Loved watching this earlier....and how about Peko hosting a watch party for Bengals fans?! Domata is such a solid dude.

Pecko could be a sleeper to be in the ring of honor. He was long tenured, good, and did a lot of good in the community. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 12:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Pecko could be a sleeper to be in the ring of honor. He was long tenured, good, and did a lot of good in the community. 

Not even close. And I liked Peko a lot. But the RoH is reserved for the best of the best. Seeing his name next to guys like Munoz would be pretty silly.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 12:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not even close. And I liked Peko a lot. But the RoH is reserved for the best of the best. Seeing his name next to guys like Munoz would be pretty silly.

100% in agreement, Peko doesn't even make the short list of players to consider from year-to-year. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He gives his insight on stopping or slowing down Aaron Donald and Vonn Miller. He thinks we should use the Center/Guard to double Donald on every play and rely on the TE or RB to chip Miller off the edge. While this is basic, it may be Adeniji's only chance at slowing Donald's assault on JoeyB up the middle. Man, I sure hope having 2 weeks give Pollack time to come up with a plan. 

100% Bengals should (and likely will) use Hopkins to double Donald with Adeniji/Carman.
Spain can probably handle the other DT at least to an extent to give Burrow enough time without getting too much pressure.
Williams and Prince will have their hands full with Floyd and Miller.
Might need to use Sample to help block with Prince.

If the Rams rush 5 often, the Bengals will have to use both a TE and RB (or two TEs) to help block the OLBs while the OL focuses on the DL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure they will rush 5 a lot because this year they haven't had to faced an offense quite like this one and if CJ is out there along with Mixon that becomes 5 guys eligible and all 5 are capable of taking it to the house at any time.. They can't cover them all every down and the Oline won't lose on every single snap.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So this is lazy in my part but wtf happen to Reif? I thought when he got injured it was just back spasms cause I joked saying uh oh here we go with the career ending back spasm which of course was making fun of the dreaded Career ending bone bruise.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 01:32 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So this is lazy in my part but wtf happen to Reif? I thought when he got injured it was just back spasms cause I joked saying uh oh here we go with the career ending back spasm which of course was making fun of the dreaded Career ending bone bruise.

Apparently he has a degenerative ankle injury. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 03:25 PM)wcu Wrote: Apparently he has a degenerative ankle injury. 

damaged goods and glad he was only on a 1 yr deal..time to upgrade and move on
but 1st things 1st....WIN THE CHIP!
Reply/Quote
Love Domata man. Such a great dude and as good of a person off the field as there is. Agree with his thoughts as
well, love hearing about his wife and him having a restaurant and inviting Bengals fans there Sunday. He nailed it
on both sides, on Offense we need to double AD and chip the Ends with our TE's and RB's and on Defense we have
an advantage as well with our front.

It will be the team that makes the biggest plays and the least amount of mistakes that wins Superbowl 56.

I agree with Domata, I think it will be our Bengals. Cool Who Dey
Reply/Quote
One of my all-time favorite Bengals. Played his heart out. Gave away his gloves after every win. Who can forget him knocking Polamalu ass over applecart on the goal line?

He is absolutely correct about doubling Donald. Only a coach from the Steve Spagnualo School of Hanging His Guys Out to Dry would leave that beast one on one with Adeniji/Carman.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:15 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: One of my all-time favorite Bengals.  Played his heart out.  Gave away his gloves after every win.  Who can forget him knocking Polamalu ass over applecart on the goal line?

He is absolutely correct about doubling Donald.  Only a coach from the Steve Spagnualo School of Hanging His Guys Out to Dry would leave that beast one on one with Adeniji/Carman.

Domata will live in Bengal lore forever for this. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Domata will live in Bengal lore forever for this. Smirk

It's a tossup between that and Vonn Bell almost separating Smith from Schuster as my all-time favorite plays.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:31 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: It's a tossup between that and Vonn Bell almost separating Smith from Schuster as my all-time favorite plays.

Same. Love our guys just knocking Steelers out. The Burfict hit was a bit dirty so I don't include that.

These two plays were legal shots while taking them out. Cedric Benson lowering his shoulder on Polamalu that other time was fun.

Troy clearly had a concussion after that. Reggie Nelson had lots of great hits on the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
the answer to this puzzle will be.. will Burrow has enough time to pass, if yes, they will fall back, if not, they will rush more to Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 12:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not sure they will rush 5 a lot because this year they haven't had to faced an offense quite like this one and if CJ is out there along with Mixon that becomes 5 guys eligible and all 5 are capable of taking it to the house at any time.. They can't cover them all every down and the Oline won't lose on every single snap.. 

They rush 5 a lot. Mostly early downs on run plays.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:15 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: One of my all-time favorite Bengals.  Played his heart out.  Gave away his gloves after every win.  Who can forget him knocking Polamalu ass over applecart on the goal line?

He is absolutely correct about doubling Donald.  Only a coach from the Steve Spagnualo School of Hanging His Guys Out to Dry would leave that beast one on one with Adeniji/Carman.

I could watch that play 100 X and still be LMAO and loving it on 100.
Reply/Quote
Peko looks like he drinks rum.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 07:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same. Love our guys just knocking Steelers out. The Burfict hit was a bit dirty so I don't include that.

These two plays were legal shots while taking them out. Cedric Benson lowering his shoulder on Polamalu that other time was fun.

Troy clearly had a concussion after that. Reggie Nelson had lots of great hits on the Steelers.

This was right in front of my seat and not sure if TV showed the entire thing.

When Polamolu squared up big Ced Benson to tackle him and realized quickly that was a huge mistake. 

Anyway he is about 25 - 30 yds from his sideline after collision. He immediately waved to be removed from the game and went to run over to sideline straight ahead but instead ran 12 yards sideways until he fell over onto ground rolling and had to be assisted off. 

That was one of the most violent impacts Ive seen up close.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote