Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(12-19-2018, 06:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sounds like a fence. I've been told those are much better. 

Well your leader said it's still a "wall".

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-20-2018, 08:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: Don't worry folks!

There's a sucker born every minute.

Trump supporters, the ones that TRULY believe that Mexico will pay for the wall, are putting THEIR money where HIS mouth is.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/12/19/trump-border-wall-gofundme-crowdfunding-campaign-launched-florida-veteran/2371273002/

And DJT's magic at separating fools and their money continues.

Despite every one of his business failures and all the underhanded business tricks and all the lies enough people still believe him.  

He's a televangelist without the charm and ethics.  Mellow

I always wonder what happens to the money when they fall well short?  Are there laws about this sort of thing?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-20-2018, 09:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I always wonder what happens to the money when they fall well short?  Are there laws about this sort of thing?  

Well it won't go to Trump's foundation.  Ninja
(12-20-2018, 08:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: Don't worry folks!

There's a sucker born every minute.

Trump supporters, the ones that TRULY believe that Mexico will pay for the wall, are putting THEIR money where HIS mouth is.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/12/19/trump-border-wall-gofundme-crowdfunding-campaign-launched-florida-veteran/2371273002/

And DJT's magic at separating fools and their money continues.

Despite every one of his business failures and all the underhanded business tricks and all the lies enough people still believe him.  

He's a televangelist without the charm and ethics.  Mellow

At this pace we're only 3 years away from funding the wall!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-20-2018, 10:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At this pace we're only 3 years away from funding the wall!

And they're only asking for $80 for all 63 million people who voted for DJT.  Imagine if they could get the 30 million illegals that voted for Clinton to throw some change in too!
(12-19-2018, 06:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: When it comes to discovering policy solutions, wonks always try to get at the root cause of a problem rather than a surface level fix. Politicians only like surface level fixes because the general public doesn't have the patience for the comprehensive solutions. The reason we see immigration issues from our southern neighbors is because of violence, political instability, and economic disparity. Putting up a border wall is a surface level fix, if that. But if we work to bring more stability, both economically and politically to the entire hemisphere, then we stem the tide of immigration because they don't have the reasons to leave.

That a comprehensive solution to the immigration problem. It fixes the why, which isn't what surface level fixes look at.

In a perfect academia world, it could work.

Real world doesn't work like that, we are dealing with greedy humans who will do anything for very little money.
1st reason: Those countries will never be as strong as the US, so people will always want to come here.
2nd reason: When we give money away to Countries, there is zero accountability for how that money is used.
3rd reason: Drugs, guns and poverty is going no where in those countries.

We have been giving monetary aid since 1946, totals to date:

Honduras:  $9.2B
Guatemala: $10B
El Salvador: $13.8B

What have they done with that money?? Their people still trying to flock here.

These numbers don't even include the annual Billions we do in trading with them to help their economies.

As far as Mexico goes? Why didn't NAFTA stop them from coming here? We gave them jobs, boosted trade etc.  Mexicans are still coming here and would still prefer to be in the US vs Mexico. Not much has changed.

Good Luck, more of the same ol same ol

(12-20-2018, 01:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: In a perfect academia world, it could work.

Real world doesn't work like that, we are dealing with greedy humans who will do anything for very little money.
1st reason: Those countries will never be as strong as the US, so people will always want to come here.
2nd reason: When we give money away to Countries, there is zero accountability for how that money is used.

These numbers don't even include the annual Billions we do in trading with them to help their economies.

As far as Mexico goes? Why didn't NAFTA stop them from coming here? We gave them jobs, boosted trade etc.  Mexicans are still coming here and would still prefer to be in the US vs Mexico. Not much has changed.

I hear Hulk Hogan's entry music playing when I read this post.

https://youtu.be/fKJDAVvs_JA
(12-20-2018, 01:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: I hear Hulk Hogan's entry music playing when I read this post.

https://youtu.be/fKJDAVvs_JA

No idea what your point is with that post, never even heard the song, didn't even know he could sing for that matter.

If you are unable to contribute to solving the problem, then maybe you are the problem.
(12-20-2018, 01:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No idea what your point is with that post, never even heard the song, didn't even know he could sing for that matter.

If you are unable to contribute to solving the problem, then maybe you are the problem.

The "idea" that USA #1 and that's why people (who are just greedy and willing to work for nothing) continue to come here and there's nothing we can do to help other countries stabilize was funny to me.
Perhaps the people will pay for it themselves; as Congress cannot do their job.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

4.7 Mil in 3 days
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-20-2018, 01:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: The "idea" that USA #1 and that's why people (who are just greedy and willing to work for nothing) continue to come here and there's nothing we can do to help other countries stabilize was funny to me.

You attempted to put words in my mouth that I did not say. First US is not number one, but compared to the 4 other countries in this conversation we definitely are.

Have you ever been to a poor country and seen first hand how people steal from each other, especially the poor on poor crime??
Have you ever lived in Poverty?

Living in Poverty is not just about being poor, it's also a mentality.

Poor people want money, people with money want more money, people with a lot of money, still want more money.
You will be hard pressed to find people that are content with the amount of money they have.

This is half of my point about just giving those countries money.

Let's say I'm in charge and you just gave me $1B to make my country of 9 million people better.

First I call up BFine.
Guess what, silly Dino gave us a Billion.
Let's create a 100 homes for the poor project.
here's what we do, find an area, build 100 homes cheaply, and I want 3 mansions also built, 1 for you, 1 for me and 1 for Michealsean. Include those costs in the bills sent to me, but don't list them in the project. They are off the books.
Let me know when you have found us a good spot for the land, and I'll tell MichaelSean where to build his roads.

Call Up MichaelSean,
Guess what, hahaha that Dino gave us a Billion.
We have to spend some, you know on good deeds, so let's make some roads with that money.
Wait for BFine to tell you where to build them, then he's also going to build all three of us mansions, and I want you to build nice roads for us to use.

and to both, at the end of the project, we will split what every's left of the funding and try to ask for more for next year, and show the homes and roads we built with it.
(12-20-2018, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps the people will pay for it themselves; as Congress cannot do their job.

4.7 Mil in 3 days

WhoaSmirk

Good for them!  I'm TOTALLY sure that Trump will do only the best work given free money.  He never has been known to be investigated for what he does with donated money.   Ninja
Trump says no to the funding bill

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-meeting-house-republicans-amid-border-wall-showdown/story?id=59930695&cid=social_fb_abcn
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-20-2018, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps the people will pay for it themselves; as Congress cannot do their job.

4.7 Mil in 3 days

Go Fund Me is the real winner in this futile effort they make 3% of every donation.
(12-20-2018, 01:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: In a perfect academia world, it could work.

I know that it doesn't work out in the real world, that's why I said we often don't get these solutions because of politicians and the voting population.

As to your reasons:
1. There will always be people that want to come here, but the number would be drastically reduced.
2. There is accountability, actually. We always have strings attached to our aid.
3. They can go away if we help make them go away.

What you aren't accounting for is the way that the United States has done damage to these countries through neo-imperialism, through CIA operations that played games with their political systems, and through the negative impacts of NAFTA. Also, a lot of the monetary aid is nothing more than assistance in the war on drugs (which has been a failure). The United States has made moves that have hindered the development of these countries to our south. We don't shoulder the complete blame, they have made plenty of mistakes on their own, but we need to be a better big brother to these nations. A stronger Latin America will result in a stronger US, as well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Damn I just got a free house courtesy of Dino. You can stay in the guest house (yeah it’s got a guest house) any time. I’ll even let you make it a place for Steelers fans to hang when you are here.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/founder-viral-fundraiser-trump-s-border-wall-has-fake-news-n950636?fbclid=IwAR0Z3hX4ub1u59uCcRe7RDXbZ1zGkcfvWChl5KOnunVr2ygGFoP5o6MMyMM

Quote:Founder of viral fundraiser for Trump's border wall has questionable news past

An internet fundraiser for Donald Trump’s border wall took in more than $7 million from over 131,000 donors by early Thursday evening.

The Florida man behind the GoFundMe page, a triple-amputee Iraq War veteran named Brian Kolfage, spent a large portion of the fundraising campaign’s description outlining his past, including a bolded section titled “How do you know this is not a scam?”

He implored users to look up his history, pointing donors to his verified Facebook page, and saying “I'm credible and a real person.”

The pitch has worked. One anonymous donor gave over $50,000 to the cause at 4 p.m. on Thursday. The GoFundMe trended on Twitter most of Thursday and received widespread media attention.

Kolfage told NBC News he’s plans to rely on connections in the White House to make sure the wall is funded, saying “we have a lot of people watching this,” which would “serve as a motivating factor not to screw this up.”

“We have someone who is tied in with the White House that’s in their inner-circle,” Kolfage said. “We can work on a way where we can guarantee with a contract where [the funding] can only go to the wall.”

The fundraising page doesn’t mention Kolfage’s most recent business venture, a Facebook page titled Right Wing Newsand a ring of affiliate sites that frequently trafficked in conspiracy theories. In October, Right Wing News was pulled down by 
Facebook in a sweep of more than 559 pagesthat the company said were “using fake accounts… to drive traffic to their websites” or “were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.”

Days after the pulldown, Kolfage created a group called Fight4FreeSpeech, which accepts donations, and is also not referenced in the GoFundMe.

Kolfage told NBC News he didn’t want to mention Right Wing News or Fight4FreeSpeech because he “didn’t want it to be a distraction.”

“I don’t wanna mix the two. That shouldn’t be the focus. My personal issues have nothing to do with building the wall,” he said.

Kolfage also ran Right Wing News’ shuttered affiliate sites including VeteranAF and FreedomDaily, which pushed false conspiracy theories, like ones claiming Hillary Clinton was secretly hiding deadly illnesses and fake voter fraud stories days before the 2016 election.

Those sites stopped operating in March, replaced with a string of text that said “This Website Has Gone Out of Business.”

The shuttering of Kolfage’s sites came a month after Michigan man Joel Vangheluwe sued FreedomDaily and other right wing sites for misidentifying him as the driver of the car that plowed into a group of peaceful protestors at a 2017 white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. The FreedomDaily article relied on the image board 4chan as its major source, according to a letter provided to the court by the contributor named in the suit. Kolfage was not listed as a defendant.

The sites often trafficked in false, inflammatory and racist content, including headlines like “Obnoxious Black People Lose Their Minds When Victoria Secret Models Say This 1 Word On Live Video” and “Trump Just Released Embarrassing Vids Of Obama’s Muslim Friends That He Never Wanted Seen.”

FreedomDaily and VeteranAF frequently ran identical stories by users with different bylines. Several stories on FreedomDaily written by “Liberty Belle” also appear on “VeteranAF” under the byline “Lady Liberty.”

Following Facebook’s takedown, Kolfage’s story drew considerable interest from right-wing media sites including Breitbart and WorldNetDaily. He has since appeared on Fox News to tout Fight4FreeSpeech, a group against “social media censorship.”

Meanwhile, Kolfage’s new crowdfunding effort is thriving. He said if there’s another major conservative cause in the next two months, it will have to be someone else’s problem.

“If there’s another big thing that comes up, somebody else is gonna have to take it. I have two kids and a wife. I wasn’t planning for this thing to be massive — maybe just in the conservative circle,” he said
(12-20-2018, 02:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You attempted to put words in my mouth that I did not say. First US is not number one, but compared to the 4 other countries in this conversation we definitely are.

Have you ever been to a poor country and seen first hand how people steal from each other, especially the poor on poor crime??
Have you ever lived in Poverty?

Living in Poverty is not just about being poor, it's also a mentality.

Poor people want money, people with money want more money, people with a lot of money, still want more money.
You will be hard pressed to find people that are content with the amount of money they have.

This is half of my point about just giving those countries money.

Let's say I'm in charge and you just gave me $1B to make my country of 9 million people better.

First I call up BFine.
Guess what, silly Dino gave us a Billion.
Let's create a 100 homes for the poor project.
here's what we do, find an area, build 100 homes cheaply, and I want 3 mansions also built, 1 for you, 1 for me and 1 for Michealsean. Include those costs in the bills sent to me, but don't list them in the project. They are off the books.
Let me know when you have found us a good spot for the land, and I'll tell MichaelSean where to build his roads.

Call Up MichaelSean,
Guess what, hahaha that Dino gave us a Billion.
We have to spend some, you know on good deeds, so let's make some roads with that money.
Wait for BFine to tell you where to build them, then he's also going to build all three of us mansions, and I want you to build nice roads for us to use.

and to both, at the end of the project, we will split what every's left of the funding and try to ask for more for next year, and show the homes and roads we built with it.

So fully believe everything you wrote but still trust Trump?  Who has scammed more people than your imaginary foreign government?
https://youtu.be/SP-q3KxCopM

Mellow
(12-21-2018, 12:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://youtu.be/SP-q3KxCopM

Mellow

Trump showing he’s a coward once again.