Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(02-15-2019, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think Trump can lose, really.  If he gets his wall then he has his monument to his ego, and if his demands for a wall are blocked he can always say that he was going to get all sorts of great things done as president but the system simply wouldn't let him succeed.  That actually works double if he doesn't want or doesn't win a 2nd term.

The guy has his bases covered, I'll give him that.

Oh, no doubt a "man" like Trump would never admit to losing. He either wins or it's "rigged".

Sadly there is still a percentage of voters that believe he never loses.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-15-2019, 01:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: What a speech right now.

As of now, I'm pretty sure Trump demanded death penalty for drug dealers... likes mass murderer Kim a lot... obviously believes that other countries put "not their stars" and bad people on the US immigration lottery and that's how it works... lamented his not getting a nobel prize... claimed that Obama told him he is so close to go to war with North Korea... doesn't get that China does not pay the tariffs... and thinks that bad hombres can walk around a not-so-long wall to get in, except obviously in El Paso, where a not so long wall solved anything. And that's just what I remember.
Oh, and claimed he doesn't need to do the emergency, he just wants to. What an emergency!

And Rosenstein really would bother to carry a wire.

Yeah that was....ummm....meandering? stream of thought?
Once again DJT's mouth and ego will probably be his undoing.

How can his people defend the declaration of a national emergency when he says this?

Now of course he said that because he needs his base to stick with the belief that he is so powerful and so tough that he was getting his way all along.

"I didn't need to do this...."

End of case.
(02-15-2019, 03:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Once again DJT's mouth and ego will probably be his undoing.

How can his people defend the declaration of a national emergency when he says this?

Now of course he said that because he needs his base to stick with the belief that he is so powerful and so tough that he was getting his way all along.

"I didn't need to do this...."

End of case.

And here's the video where his ego keeps tripping his tongue as he tries to spin his way out of failing in his negotiations and ends up burying his one declaration of an "emergency".

I can't be mad at Trump. He legitimately gives his supporters every chance to reevaluate their loyalty to him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Trump just left for some weekend golf, the national emergency must be taking a three day weekend too.
(02-15-2019, 02:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Like we didn't see a challenge coming?
Hasn't the Democrats already been trying to pass legislature to prevent him from taking funds from various places? But failed obviously??

Send it to the Supreme Court.. Oh wait, he knew that would happen. SCOTUS does not normally go against a POTUS before as long as it's with in his power, which it is, so clear to go.

:andy:

Are you sure robbing funds Congress marked for other uses is in his power if he calls a national emergency he admittedly "didn't need to"? 

Looks to me like its "clear to go to court."  Suits will be coming in from landowners on the border, the Pentagon, perhaps even Congress. 

Still no building while all that is going on.
(02-14-2019, 09:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As far as SOE goes, he can do it and there's not much he can't do when he declares it.

What is the "not much" that he can't do?

Are you saying there are some limits on his powers to take funds under a "Sate of Emergency"?
[Image: 52403855_2187727684811657_77222561033370...e=5CE19990]
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/15/border-emergency-fact-check-trumps-list-misleading-claims/2886196002/

Quote:In declaring a national emergency at the Southwest border, President Donald Trump strung together a long list of false, misleading and unsupported claims on illegal immigration, drug smuggling, human trafficking, trade deficits and other issues.

We briefly cover some of the statements the president made in his Feb. 15 Rose Garden remarks – nearly all of which we have debunked numerous times before.

Too much to copy and paste.  Most won't be surprised at the lies.  Some won't care.
[Image: 52341878_2395978037090714_31181440406928...e=5CDB6E7B]
So there's an emergency, but he didn't HAVE to declare it, he just wanted money now... and the first thing he has to do in the emergency fly to his resort, eat omelettes, and golf for 6 hours.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-18-2019, 04:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So there's an emergency, but he didn't HAVE to declare it, he just wanted money now... and the first thing he has to do in the emergency fly to his resort, eat omelettes, and golf for 6 hours.

Indeed.

Personally I have already gone through most of my MRE's and whittled a spear to fight off the invaders should we fall under this emergency!  Ninja
(02-15-2019, 08:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is the "not much" that he can't do?

Are you saying there are some limits on his powers to take funds under a "Sate of Emergency"?

Yes, he's only allowed to pull from certain places.
Congress has been slowly passing laws to prevent POTUS from taking funds from certain places.

Just like recently the Democrats tried to pass laws preventing him from taking funds from certain places, but they failed.
Trump declaring SOE does not mean he's the ultimate man now. He just doesn't have to dicker around with Congress to get the funding he wants, but he still has rules to follow. And there's some statutes already in place where Congress would have the ability to vote yes before he gets the money so he needs to clearly define his reasons. And it doesn't really matter if there is a true emergency or not.

My best guess is it an Opiod emergency. He could call it a Humanitarian Crisis as well based on the number of people that die annually from trying to cross.
So, on this whole border wall thing. Our military can't be used to enforce laws on our soil as they don't have police powers. The construction during a national emergency must be on projects that support the use of armed forces. So if our military cannot be used to enforce the laws at the border, then how would a wall support their use? Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-18-2019, 06:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, on this whole border wall thing. Our military can't be used to enforce laws on our soil as they don't have police powers. The construction during a national emergency must be on projects that support the use of armed forces. So if our military cannot be used to enforce the laws at the border, then how would a wall support their use? Ninja

Because DJT said so?

All seriousness aside even Trump said he didn't "have to" declare an emergency thus no emergency.
(02-18-2019, 06:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, on this whole border wall thing. Our military can't be used to enforce laws on our soil as they don't have police powers. The construction during a national emergency must be on projects that support the use of armed forces. So if our military cannot be used to enforce the laws at the border, then how would a wall support their use? Ninja

Pretty sure the Military can be used if it's classified as an invasion. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-18-2019, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure the Military can be used if it's classified as an invasion. 

That's not the case, though. It isn't a military situation; it's a criminal one.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-18-2019, 09:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's not the case, though. It isn't a military situation; it's a criminal one.

Perhaps that will be for a court/legislation to decide. It is why I said if it is classified as such. Not sure your view on the matter is the final decision.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]