Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Pelosi Took responsibility for Jan. 6th
(06-13-2024, 11:22 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I would guess the republicans are against mail in voting because there are potential fraud issues and their base is more traditional and are more likely to show up and vote than the democrat base.

I think the democrats favor it because they can muster more votes because their base is less likely to make the effort to vote, and some shenanigans may ensue. Especially since mail in ballots can be spammed out to the populace, making potential fraud more possible.

But yes, both sides favor rules that favor their party.

why do you think that "some shenanigans may ensue" only from the Democratic side?  In the past several election cycles, there has been plenty of  shenanigans from the Republican side.

Republican or Democrat, we all should be in favor of voting laws that ensure that as many Americans as possible have the opportunity to vote.  If Republicans worry that allowing access to the ballot box means they will lose, maybe they need to examine their candidates and policies instead of limiting the voters

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 11:29 AM)pally Wrote: why do you think that "some shenanigans may ensue" only from the Democratic side?  In the past several election cycles, there has been plenty of  shenanigans from the Republican side.

Republican or Democrat, we all should be in favor of voting laws that ensure that as many Americans as possible have the opportunity to vote.  If Republicans worry that allowing access to the ballot box means they will lose, maybe they need to examine their candidates and policies instead of limiting the voters

I base it on past shenanigans' with Facebook, Twitter, and the laptop lies.

I get it if some do not agree, just stating my opinion, and I am good if other, like holldero, do not agree. Not an argument worth having at the moment.

For me anyways.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 11:26 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't really concur with the assumption that democrats factor in possible fraud in their thought process. I see no actual evidence that their supporters are more prone to trying shenanigans. Of all the few fraud cases that get revealed, it doesn't seem as if democrats are the major culprits. If any, it's more often republican supporters that get caught (by that I am not saying they are generally more prone to fraud either). So to declare possible fraud in their favor a motive is a step too far for me, I agree with the rest.

Absentee ballots look like the worst.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/search

for the record i have no idea which side does it more, I just figure they both do fairly equally as neither side has a shortage of dum-dums
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 11:24 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That's just speculation?

Oh, certainly. I don't know anything for sure.

(06-13-2024, 11:24 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I personally don't believe much in that, but ballot stuffing is not a good thing

What do you mean by ballot stuffing? From what google tells me, that is illegal and hence of course not a good thing. I also wouldn't know that such illegal practices take place, but maybe I just misunderstand the term.

(06-13-2024, 11:24 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well according to Dems. the common man votes R, so having votes on Working days wouldn't be so ideal for the R's. 

Does the common man vote R? I think that depends whether it's a city common man or a country common man. Now in any case, voting on a workday decreases turnout, and from conventional philosophy (I don't know that for a fact either of course) that helps Republicans.

I have to say though, this debate leads further and further away from the core point, which is that Trump would have all the right to complain about what he perceives to be an unfair system (Stacey Abrams does the same thing), but has no right to claim fake ballots appeared, election workers manipulated the count, millions voted illegally etc etc and that he actually won in a landslide if he weren't so woefully betrayed.

(06-13-2024, 11:24 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Now I would really want everyone to have an ID in order to vote. Never understood why we don't, when it's very common in other developed countries. 

It is. And if the problem really is that many people can not afford photo ID's, then imho the states should step in and provide them.

(06-13-2024, 12:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: for the record i have no idea which side does it more, I just figure they both do fairly equally as neither side has a shortage of dum-dums

Neither have I, and you're right about the dum-dums. It just seemed like you imply that democrats in parts base their strategy on the potential for fraud in their favor, which I do not really believe for reasons stated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2024, 12:53 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Absentee ballots look like the worst.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/search

for the record i have no idea which side does it more, I just figure they both do fairly equally as neither side has a shortage of dum-dums

If anything, looking through that list should give you an idea about how rare voter fraud really is

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote