Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pelosi's Husband Attacked
Nancy Pelosi's husband Paul, age 82, was attacked in his home last night. The attacker was arrested. Not to draw any conclusions, but this man was yelling "where is Nancy?" His social media was filled with Mike Lindell videos along with full on Jan 6th conspiracy theories.

Sadly, this is not likely to be the end of it as long as the Republican Party refuses to denounce these conspiracy theories

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 02:48 PM)pally Wrote: Nancy Pelosi's husband Paul, age 82, was attacked in his home last night.  The attacker was arrested.  Not to draw any conclusions, but this man was yelling "where is Nancy?"  His social media was filled with Mike Lindell videos along with full on Jan 6th conspiracy theories.

Sadly, this is not likely to be the end of it as long as the Republican Party refuses to denounce these conspiracy theories

Yeah so far the reports aren't saying what the motive was.

I've seen some comparisons to Nancy "stirring up violence" that "almost got Justice Kavanaugh assassinated" though so I'm sure it will be a nothing burger on the right.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Thank goodness the police got there in time to intervene.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's kind of odd that a dude with something as crude as a hammer can get into the home of someone as high up as Nancy. I guess maybe it's not crazy, considering someone beat Ran Paul within an inch of his life in his front yard, but you'd think security would be a bit more stringent.

People are drifting into insanity when it comes to politics. I'm not a gun guy, but I own one. I don't do much but clean it and hide it from the kid. Sometimes I figure I should just sell the damn thing and be done with it. Then some shit like this comes up, and I think yeah, maybe I just keep it. The things the people will commit violent acts over are getting more and more broad as society gets more unhinged.

I really wish there was a reset button we could hit politically speaking. The partisan dominance in both parties is stirring the country into mental illness.
Reply/Quote
Sadly we may never know the truth about what happened.

Reply/Quote
I will say this, while not exactly unusual for a high profile case I am getting absolutely nothing from my bay area people on this one. If I do, and it's something I can actually share I will let you know
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:41 PM)samhain Wrote: It's kind of odd that a dude with something as crude as a hammer can get into the home of someone as high up as Nancy.  I guess maybe it's not crazy, considering someone beat Ran Paul within an inch of his life in his front yard, but you'd think security would be a bit more stringent.  

People are drifting into insanity when it comes to politics.  I'm not a gun guy, but I own one.  I don't do much but clean it and hide it from the kid.  Sometimes I figure I should just sell the damn thing and be done with it.  Then some shit like this comes up, and I think yeah, maybe I just keep it.  The things the people will commit violent acts over are getting more and more broad as society gets more unhinged.

I really wish there was a reset button we could hit politically speaking.  The partisan dominance in both parties is stirring the country into mental illness.

The human protection goes with Nancy who was in Washington

The home in San Francisco is protected with alarms and security cameras but not humans when she isn't there  Those allowed the police to arrive quickly and arrest the guy in the act.  With the hammer and at Paul Pelosi's age, it doesn't take much especially when the head is injured

Reply/Quote
This is obviously unofficial, but the attacker is starting to look like a mentally ill guy whose ideology ran the gamut.

https://heavy.com/news/david-depape/
Reply/Quote

I came across this. I’m not quite sure of it’s validity.

I also read the dude was in his underwear when they apprehended him, also not sure how valid that is.

What a wild and sad state we’re in.
Reply/Quote
The somewhat reasonable side of me says it was a crazy right winger wanting to beat the "great evil" Nancy Pelosi to death.

The conspiracy theorist inside of me says she planned it all along right before election season in an attempt to sway some public opinion their way. Why would she have her own husband assaulted? Well the conspiracy theorist doesn't care about facts man, she probably hated the guy anyways idk.

I am also with the guys that wondered how a potential crazy hippy nut could get into a rich neighborhood with a hammer much less actually attack the guy. Considering how much I think the right absolutely loathes Nancy Pelosi and I'm sure plenty of the hardcores would love to see her dead I would think Nancy would know this and have sufficient personal security, but Idk their situation. I'm also assuming the neighborhood itselfs security is similar to my rich uncle where it's gated with at least a small staff to secure entry. I could see a reasonably smart person finding their way in without a lot of difficulty, but a crazy hippie guy in his underwear with a hammer seems more farfetched.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/pelosi-attack-suspect-conspiracy-theories-invs/index.html

Quote:[color=var(--theme-headline__text-color)]Alleged Paul Pelosi attacker posted multiple conspiracy theories
[Image: c_thumb,g_face,w_100,h_100] [Image: c_thumb,g_face,w_100,h_100] [Image: c_thumb,g_face,w_100,h_100]
By Casey TolanCurt Devine, Daniel A. Medina and Majlie de Puy Kamp, CNN
Updated 6:15 PM EDT, Fri October 28, 2022

[/color]

CNN — 
The man who allegedly attacked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband early Friday posted memes and conspiracy theories on Facebook about Covid vaccines, the 2020 election and the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, and an acquaintance told CNN that he seemed “out of touch with reality.”

David DePape, 42, was identified by police Friday as the suspect in the assault on Paul Pelosi at the speaker’s San Francisco home.

Three of DePape’s relatives told CNN that DePape has been estranged from his family for years, and confirmed that the Facebook account – which was taken down by the social media company on Friday – belonged to him.

His stepfather, Gene DePape, said David DePape grew up in Powell River, British Columbia, and left Canada about 20 years ago to pursue a relationship that brought him to California.

“I really don’t know what to think,” the suspect’s uncle, Mark DePape, said of his nephew’s alleged attack on Pelosi. “Hopefully it’s a scam. I don’t want to hear something like that.”

People who knew DePape in California described him as an odd character.

A 2013 article in the San Francisco Chronicle identified him as a “hemp jewelry maker,” and said that he lived with a nudist activist. Other photos published by the Chronicle show DePape – fully clothed – at a nude wedding on the steps of San Francisco City Hall.

Linda Schneider, a California resident, told CNN she got to know DePape roughly eight years ago and that he occasionally housesat for her. When they met, she said, DePape was living in a storage unit in the Berkeley area and told her he had been struggling with hard drugs but was “trying to create a new life for himself.”

She said that he was extremely shy. “He said he couldn’t even go and have a bank account because he was terrified of speaking to a teller,” Schneider said.

But Schneider later received “really disturbing” emails from DePape in which he sounded like a “megalomaniac and so out of touch with reality,” she said. She said she stopped communicating with him “because it seemed so dangerous,” adding that she recalled him “using Biblical justification to do harm.”

DePape’s social media presence similarly paints a picture of someone on a worrying trajectory, falling into conspiracy theories in recent years.

Last year, David DePape posted links on his Facebook page to multiple videos produced by My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell falsely alleging that the 2020 election was stolen. Other posts included transphobic images and linked to websites claiming Covid vaccines were deadly. “The death rates being promoted are what ever ‘THEY’ want to be promoted as the death rate,” one post read.

DePape also posted links to YouTube videos with titles like “Democrat FARCE Commission to Investigate January 6th Capitol Riot COLLAPSES in Congress!!!” and “Global Elites Plan To Take Control Of YOUR Money! (Revealed)”

Two days after former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of killing George Floyd, DePape wrote that the trial was “a modern lynching,” falsely indicating that Floyd died of a drug overdose.

He also posted content about the “Great Reset”– the sprawling conspiracy theory that global elites are using coronavirus to usher in a new world order in which they gain more power and oppress the masses. And he complained that politicians making promises to try to win votes “are offering you bribes in exchange for your further enslavement.”

Most of the public posts on DePape’s Facebook page were from 2021. In earlier years, DePape also posted long screeds about religion, including claims that “Jesus is the anti christ.” None of the public posts appeared to mention Pelosi.

Blogs show images of Pelosi, Qanon and antisemitism
More recently, two other blogs written by someone with the username “daviddepape” have posted content similar to that on DePape’s Facebook page.

In a string of posts on a Wordpress.com blog over the course of several days in August 2022, the author complained about big tech censorship and posted statements like “Hitlery did nothing wrong.” The site has since been taken offline.

And another blog, also attributed to “daviddepape,” featured antisemitic screeds and content linked to the QAnon conspiracy theory. One video posted on the site includes a shot of Pelosi swinging a gavel during one of former President Donald Trump’s impeachments, and another video includes an image of Pelosi and other politicians. A third video includes a clip of Pelosi speaking on the House floor.

Other posts from the last few weeks featured videos accusing LGBTQ people of “grooming” children, and declared that “any journalist saying” there is no evidence of election fraud “should be dragged straight out into the street and shot.” The most recent post – linking to a YouTube video comparing colleges to cults – went up the day before the Pelosi attack.
CNN was not able to confirm that the two blogs were written by DePape.

Another former acquaintance of DePape’s also told CNN he exhibited concerning behavior over the years.

Laura Hayes, who also lives in California, said she worked with DePape for a few months roughly a decade ago making hemp bracelets when he was living in a storage shed in the Berkeley area. She said DePape sold the bracelets as a business.

“He was very odd. He didn’t make eye contact very well,” Hayes said. She recalled him saying that “he talks to angels and there will be a hard time coming.” But she didn’t remember any seriously threatening comments, and said she didn’t think much of it because “it’s Berkeley,” a place where eccentric characters aren’t uncommon.

Hayes, who was Facebook friends with DePape, called his more recent posts “so phobic in so many ways” and filled with “so much anger.”

Sounds mentally ill all the way around (I'm not a doctor and this is not a diagnosis.)  Those are the kind who buy wholeheartedly into such conspiracies and act out on them.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 10:24 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The somewhat reasonable side of me says it was a crazy right winger wanting to beat the "great evil" Nancy Pelosi to death.

The conspiracy theorist inside of me says she planned it all along right before election season in an attempt to sway some public opinion their way. Why would she have her own husband assaulted? Well the conspiracy theorist doesn't care about facts man, she probably hated the guy anyways idk.

I am also with the guys that wondered how a potential crazy hippy nut could get into a rich neighborhood with a hammer much less actually attack the guy. Considering how much I think the right absolutely loathes Nancy Pelosi and I'm sure plenty of the hardcores would love to see her dead I would think Nancy would know this and have sufficient personal security, but Idk their situation. I'm also assuming the neighborhood itselfs security is similar to my rich uncle where it's gated with at least a small staff to secure entry. I could see a reasonably smart person finding their way in without a lot of difficulty, but a crazy hippie guy in his underwear with a hammer seems more farfetched.

Thanks for this. The thought did cross my mind this is a staged political stunt. Maybe it was Adam Schiff who set it up so he could use the head on a pike thingy? Or Paul was porkin someone other than Nacny and she tried to have him killed? The media will fabricate their facts, the FBI will plant evidence and we will never know the truth.

I do know one thing for sure, Paul Pelosi didn’t beat himself. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 11:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thanks for this. The thought did cross my mind this is a staged political stunt. Maybe it was Adam Schiff who set it up so he could use the head on a pike thingy? Or Paul was porkin someone other than Nacny and she tried to have him killed? The media will fabricate their facts, the FBI will plant evidence and we will never know the truth.

I do know one thing for sure, Paul Pelosi didn’t beat himself. Ninja

Somehow, I find it difficult to even think that Nancy Pelosi would have her husband of 59 years beaten as a political stunt. Though the MAGA crowd is already championing conspiracy theories that will no doubt inflame some other gullible delusional person.

As for security, this is just a theory, I truly think, that while Nancy is and always will be a target, no one ever believed they would go after her family. Even, with this incident, she was the actual target, Paul just got in the way. So security is beefed up when she is home and relaxed when she isn’t. That of course will change

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 02:12 AM)pally Wrote: Somehow, I find it difficult to even think that Nancy Pelosi would have her husband of 59 years beaten as a political stunt.  Though the MAGA crowd is already championing conspiracy theories that will no doubt inflame some other gullible delusional person.

As for security, this is just a theory, I truly think, that while Nancy is and always will be a target, no one ever believed they would go after her family.  Even, with this incident, she was the actual target, Paul just got in the way. So security is beefed up when she is home and relaxed when she isn’t.  That of course will change

I can buy that, but I had assumed her husband was a powerful man himself, but I honestly know nothing about him.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 10:54 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

That guy looks like a very hateful person. Then he opened his mouth and showed that he is what he looks like.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 02:12 AM)pally Wrote: Somehow, I find it difficult to even think that Nancy Pelosi would have her husband of 59 years beaten as a political stunt.  Though the MAGA crowd is already championing conspiracy theories that will no doubt inflame some other gullible delusional person.

As for security, this is just a theory, I truly think, that while Nancy is and always will be a target, no one ever believed they would go after her family.  Even, with this incident, she was the actual target, Paul just got in the way. So security is beefed up when she is home and relaxed when she isn’t.  That of course will change

The timing is suspect, and yes, while difficult to imagine, it’s possible considering how toxic politics have become. I do struggle with the security issue as she is 2nd in line to the presidency. 

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 11:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: The timing is suspect, and yes, while difficult to imagine, it’s possible considering how toxic politics have become. I do struggle with the security issue as she is 2nd in line to the presidency. 

I mean, with mental gymnastics and no visual proof, any theory can be spun and believed by an individual group.  I'd still go with the most likely explanation being one of the hundreds of millions of people in this country that viscerally hates her being the most likely culprit.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 04:08 PM)samhain Wrote: I mean, with mental gymnastics and no visual proof, any theory can be spun and believed by an individual group.  I'd still go with the most likely explanation being one of the hundreds of millions of people in this country that viscerally hates her being the most likely culprit.  

But I already said Paul Pelosi didn’t beat himself. LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 11:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/pelosi-attack-suspect-conspiracy-theories-invs/index.html

Sounds mentally ill all the way around (I'm not a doctor and this is not a diagnosis.)  Those are the kind who buy wholeheartedly into such conspiracies and act out on them.

A poster on Quora was claiming the guy was an illegal alien. (Maybe from Canada?)

Liberal chickens coming home to roost as an illegal attacks a white liberal with no gun in his home. 

The alternative narrative is forming.

If SSF's link is solid info, then this guy runs the gamut of Trump supporter opinion, from crushing on Tulsi Gabbard (for being the only sane Dem) to stop the steal, to Derrick Chauvin is innocent. Global elites and Jews want to censor us? 
Reply/Quote