Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelosi warns U.S. athletes at Olympics not to protest
“I would say to our athletes -- you are there to compete. Do not risk incurring the anger of the Chinese government because they are ruthless,” Pelosi in testimony before the Congressional-Executive Commission on China. “Be safe.”

also..

Pelosi said her support of President Joe Biden’s decision to refuse to send any official delegation to the games, which has been matched by some other countries, showed, “We cannot and will not be silent on human rights in China.”

She also said that the International Olympic Committee, “aided by corporate sponsors,” have turned “a blind eye” to China’s human rights record.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pelosi-warns-u-s-athletes-against-protests-at-beijing-olympics/ar-AATrELj

I'm not a fan Pelosi by any means, but on this particular issue I completely agree. Getting arrested and thrown in a Chinese prison isn't worth it. And the IOC turned a blind eye to China's human rights record because of just not corporate sponsors, but big money from the Chinese themselves.

This might be the first Olympics I won't watch, even Curling. **** China and the IOC.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So............... A winnie the pooh costume would be a bad idea?

I would not even go. They could deny your visa if they want to for no reason and you could be stuck there.
Reply/Quote
Pretty much the protest culture of the US perfectly summed up. Only protest when it's completely safe to do so. Be outraged because a criminal got shot, burn down your town, but don't even think about protesting a totalitarian regime routinely engaged in genocide and myriad other crimes against humanity. You sure Lebron James didn't make this statement?

Stunning and brave!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 03:53 PM)Millhouse Wrote: “I would say to our athletes -- you are there to compete.”

So..... shut up and dribble?    Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Something something Kaepernick something something.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 08:42 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Something something Kaepernick something something.

He would be in prison if the USA had the courage to be more like China. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He would be in prison if the USA had the courage to be more like China. 

Give it time and vote red.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 03:02 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Give it time and vote red.

Or vote blue and imprison people like Gina Carano for their speech.  Let's please not pretend the Dems don't have their own authoritarian streak.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He would be in prison if the USA had the courage to be more like China. 

He'd be ok as long as he wears his Fidel Castro shirts.  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 03:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Or vote blue and imprison people like Gina Carano for their speech.  Let's please not pretend the Dems don't have their own authoritarian streak.

I don't have a problem with her getting fired for the things she tweeted that led up to it. Not anymore than NFL teams not wanting to take on Kaepernick.

Sometimes you reap what you sow, just as long as you actually don't get imprisoned for exercising the right to speak/tweet.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 04:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I don't have a problem with her getting fired for the things she tweeted that led up to it. Not anymore than NFL teams not wanting to take on Kaepernick.

Sometimes you reap what you sow, just as long as you actually don't get imprisoned for exercising the right to speak/tweet.

I agree.  What I was referring to is a Democratic politician from NC saying she should be imprisoned for "promoting the big lie."  It's been all over right leaning sources the past day or so.
Reply/Quote
I don't like the very "shut up and dribble" tune of the first half. I think the second half is good, practical advice. It's a joke that China even gets to host these.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 05:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't like the very "shut up and dribble" tune of the first half. I think the second half is good, practical advice. It's a joke that China even gets to host these.

Indeed.  China should be a global pariah, but we need those cheap products made by literal slaves.  I see myself as no better than most in this regard, I certainly own products that were made in China.  I'd certainly prefer not to, though.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 05:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't like the very "shut up and dribble" tune of the first half. I think the second half is good, practical advice. It's a joke that China even gets to host these.

Chinese Olympics and Qatar World Cup, both this year.

2022 apparently is not going to be a great year for human rights.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 03:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Or vote blue and imprison people like Gina Carano for their speech.  Let's please not pretend the Dems don't have their own authoritarian streak.

Blah blah blah both sides both sides blah blah blah. Carano broke her morality clauses with Disney and got fired for it ain't the same as encouraging the unwashed masses to murder your vice president and a bunch of Senators.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 08:57 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Blah blah blah both sides both sides blah blah blah. Carano broke her morality clauses with Disney and got fired for it ain't the same as encouraging the unwashed masses to murder your vice president and a bunch of Senators.

Listen, one Democrat who ran for office and lost said it so "all leftists".  Amiright?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
A totalitarian China style government is Nancy Pelosi’s goal. No guns. No dissent. Mandates for all. Mandatory abortion. An underground persecuted Church. Total unchecked power. Mass uniformity and obedience.

Pure evil.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 12:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A totalitarian China style government is Nancy Pelosi’s goal.  No guns.  No dissent.  Mandates for all.  Mandatory abortion.  An underground persecuted Church.  Total unchecked power.  Mass uniformity and obedience.

Pure evil.

She's already making a buttload of money being a "not technically illegal, but still shady" insider-trading politician.  She doesn't need to do any of the rest of that stuff.  She already has the legal "cheat code" for maximum wealth and she's like 90 years old.  I think people let this notion that some ultimate evil dystopia is coming distract them from all the "legal for us, but not for you" BS that is going on every day.

It's like stealing someone's wallet while he's so worried and distracted about the T-rex you assured him is coming...or something. Or maybe it's more like the political version of convincing people that the world is ending any day now and that money will be worthless so just send your money to me and I'll take it. The end is near...pure evil will reign terror upon us....seems pretty pointless to hold me accountable for what I'm doing wrong, doesn't it?
Reply/Quote
China shouldn't have been awarded the privilege of holding the games.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 06:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Indeed.  China should be a global pariah, but we need those cheap products made by literal slaves.  I see myself as no better than most in this regard, I certainly own products that were made in China.  I'd certainly prefer not to, though.

(02-05-2022, 04:33 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: China shouldn't have been awarded the privilege of holding the games.

Amen. This smacks of 1936 in Berlin.
Reply/Quote