Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pence 2024
I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 in the general election. In 2016 primaries, I voted for Kasich from Ohio. I am a conservative republican and almost always vote republican except I did vote for Ross Perot in 1992. I thought Trump did a good job as president as I often agreed on most things he did. However, the press never treated him fairly. I'm leaning to Pence for 2024 as I like him and his politics. Trump just seems too controversial at this time. Trump entered a town that is corrupt to the core and they did not like it. Thus, he was hated from day one. I hope Pence can take the nomination in 2024.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Can you win an election when a significant amount of your voter base wants to kill you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 07:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Can you win an election when a significant amount of your voter base wants to kill you?

Something something fake news something something ANTIFA false flag something something.
Reply/Quote
I'd say two things work against him. For one, many Trump fans still are mad at him for not doing the right thing on January 6. Secondly, he is a bit of a Christian extremist. He will mobilize many people to vote against what they would perceive as a theocratic regime, and even some on team red will have their doubts about going full pious.

And I just don't see any redeeming quality about him, something that makes people say yeah he is maybe too hard core religious for me, but I like him despite that because of this and that. There's no real this and that.
Reply/Quote
He can’t win with the never Trumpers because he too afraid to go all in in callling out Trump on his BS. He can’t win with the cult because of Jan 6. He’ll never appeal to independents because of the Trump association.

He’s got zero chance of ever being President. He should have helped invoke the 25th amendment on Jan 6th. Then he could have been President for 10 days

The press loved Trump. He was covered more than any other President. And frankly, even though there was negative coverage, they actually pulled their punches much of the time. For instance they wouldn’t use the word “lie” to call out his actual lies

In many cases, MSM has used harsher language against Biden, in a misguided attempt to prove to people who don’t watch or read them that they are hard on both sides

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I also like how the GOP appoints a guy with decades of unethical business practices and sexual allegations from adults and minors and then complains he was hated from day 1. Funny how that works when you look towards celebrities to represent your party.

Also, one of Trump's selling point was that he was a well known and detested entity. We "needed" someone who was a rule breaking bastard to make us great again, apparently.
Reply/Quote
MSM is harsher on Biden than Trump ?

I don't know anyone who actually believes that.

I don't think Pence has a chance either.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 08:59 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: MSM is harsher on Biden than Trump ?

I don't think Pence has a chance either.

The liberal media trashes Biden because hes a centrist and they want far left candidates to win.  Trash Biden now for his middle of the road sloth and business as usual and then offer up insane ultra liberal firebrand as the cure. 

Pretty much what the right did with Trump.  The usual sucks....you want this insane candidate who will burn it all down. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 08:59 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: MSM is harsher on Biden than Trump ?

I don't see it like that at all, as well. But I can say that the more left leaning media is way harder on Biden than FOX and company ever were on Trump.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 07:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Can you win an election when a significant amount of your voter base wants to kill you?

That's funny but true. I've never understood how Trump could start a sentence claiming someone is a great person and then an asshole by the end of same sentence. He's very bipolar in that sense. I don't think Pence will even make a dent and it will come down between Desantis and Trump. If it does and Trump still runs in some way, the left could put Hunter in to run and he would win. And that would be coffin/nails on the countries future. Although, it would be cool to receive hookers and blow in the next stimulus plan. Ninja

Reply/Quote
He scared me more than trump tbh. Easy hell no on the religious zombie.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 10:54 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He scared me more than trump tbh. Easy hell no on the religious zombie.

Understandable enough. I will say this though, Pence seems like the kind of person who believes in elections and democracy and a peaceful transfer of power. When people booed him, he allegedly told his child that this is the sound of freedom, or somethig along these lines. This gives me a certain trust in him that makes him the preferrable option over Trump. Which is not saying much for sure, everyone on this board without a fritz in their alias also would be.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 10:31 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's funny but true. I've never understood how Trump could start a sentence claiming someone is a great person and then an asshole by the end of same sentence. He's very bipolar in that sense. I don't think Pence will even make a dent and it will come down between Desantis and Trump. If it does and Trump still runs in some way, the left could put Hunter in to run and he would win. And that would be coffin/nails on the countries future. Although, it would be cool to receive hookers and blow in the next stimulus plan. Ninja

I'm predicting Newsome vs DeSantis with the wild card being if Trump claims DeSantis cheated to beat him in the primary and sabotages things for him. 

Trump doesn't care if a democrat wins and honestly,  the idea of the GOP flopping badly without him probably delights him.  Unless Trump changes his ways, he looks like he will burn the GOP down if they try to move on from him ala the "totally no big deal" 1/6 stuff. 

Never get in bed with a narcissist, they will turn on you and you can never be loyal enough to satisfy them. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 10:31 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's funny but true. I've never understood how Trump could start a sentence claiming someone is a great person and then an asshole by the end of same sentence. He's very bipolar in that sense. I don't think Pence will even make a dent and it will come down between Desantis and Trump. If it does and Trump still runs in some way, the left could put Hunter in to run and he would win. And that would be coffin/nails on the countries future. Although, it would be cool to receive hookers and blow in the next stimulus plan. Ninja

More so than Trump being elected again?

As to the OP, zero chance Pence wins the GOP primary. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 11:00 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: More so than Trump being elected again?

Absofreakenlutely. Even though I'm not a huge fan of his attitude and demeanor, He's still better than that dude in office now. I know, you referenced Hunter but they're about the same, father/son. Son snorts coke, Father snorts little girls and jockstraps in the local locker rooms. I was going to mention he's an also an ass sniffer, but I'm a dog so.....

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 09:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The liberal media trashes Biden because hes a centrist and they want far left candidates to win.  Trash Biden now for his middle of the road sloth and business as usual and then offer up insane ultra liberal firebrand as the cure. 

Pretty much what the right did with Trump.  The usual sucks....you want this insane candidate who will burn it all down. 

(07-25-2022, 09:09 AM)hollodero Wrote: I don't see it like that at all, as well. But I can say that the more left leaning media is way harder on Biden than FOX and company ever were on Trump.

The really negative press about Biden didn't start until fairly recently.  I think it's become apparent that they need to make a change in '24 and they're starting to build the case for moving on from Biden.  I think the MSM was incredibly kind to him prior to the last four or so months (look at the mental gymnastics some went through to justify his talking to the "pariah" Saudis) and then it's like a switch got flipped.  Hell, even the late night shows are tearing him apart now, for the 1,200 people that still watch them.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The really negative press about Biden didn't start until fairly recently.  I think it's become apparent that they need to make a change in '24 and they're starting to build the case for moving on from Biden.  I think the MSM was incredibly kind to him prior to the last four or so months (look at the mental gymnastics some went through to justify his talking to the "pariah" Saudis) and then it's like a switch got flipped.  Hell, even the late night shows are tearing him apart now, for the 1,200 people that still watch them.

Right which is why i tell people who fear liberals to be careful cheering the repudiation of Biden. 

The left isn't as into doubling down on a candidate with a dreadful approval rating.  They can't convince themselves and their base there is "no legitimate way" he can lose a re-election bid

Stuff like this is where the right considering every democrat an ultra left commie nut can come back to bite them. Or it might not, they've got the easiest path.  
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 04:00 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020 in the general election. In 2016 primaries, I voted for Kasich from Ohio. I am a conservative republican and almost always vote republican except I did vote for Ross Perot in 1992. I thought Trump did a good job as president as I often agreed on most things he did. However, the press never treated him fairly. I'm leaning to Pence for 2024 as I like him and his politics. Trump just seems too controversial at this time. Trump entered a town that is corrupt to the core and they did not like it. Thus, he was hated from day one. I hope Pence can take the nomination in 2024.

if it's not trump, it'll probably be desantis the way it's looking right now. i think pence just cant generate enough energy to get the voters out the in the numbers we need. we need someone who we can rally around. i think pences time has passed. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:27 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: if it's not trump, it'll probably be desantis the way it's looking right now. i think pence just cant generate enough energy to get the voters out the in the numbers we need. we need someone who we can rally around. i think pences time might have passed. 

The only way DeSantis beats Trump is through voter fraud. He's the face of the party. DeSantis is just a status quo politician. Can't go backwards at this point to the RINOs. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The only way DeSantis beats Trump is through voter fraud. He's the face of the party. DeSantis is just a status quo politician. Can't go backwards at this point to the RINOs. 

you can mock all you want, but promise you the next president will be a republican and thats what is most important at the end of the day.
Reply/Quote